Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Re; Staal 10-team No trade list, he was quoted yesterday live on air saying he didn't even bother updating his list, he just had the agency resubmit the same one for the last couple years - he was only "shocked" because he expected to be given some sort of a heads up from Guerin in a situation like this.

Re; Greenway/Dubnyk, how about;

To :sabres

LW Jordan Greenway ($RFA)
G Devan Dubnyk ($4.33M UFA)

To :wild

C Casey Mittelstadt ($RFA)
G Carter Hutton ($2.75M UFA)
Conditional '21 4th/5th RND pick

Reactions: thestonedkoala

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Re; Staal 10-team No trade list, he was quoted yesterday live on air saying he didn't even bother updating his list, he just had the agency resubmit the same one for the last couple years - he was only "shocked" because he expected to be given some sort of a heads up from Guerin in a situation like this.

Intriguing, but I don’t know if the Wild go for it. Personally I might go for, but I’d think the Wild would want that pick to be a 3rd round.

it really depends on how you view Greenway vs Mittelstadt. Greenway has more NHL experience, 3rd line floor for now and always could get better.

Mittelstadt is younger, positional need, but hasn’t looked good be it probably rushed too soon into the NHL.

goalies probably cancel out since they both suck, but Hutton is cheaper.

what’s the conditional pick terms?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Actually Doobs might be cheaper...isn't he only owed 2.5M in actual salary this year?

I would do it, but it would be risky. Greenway would be a fit back in upstate NY, potentially CM here. I don't care about the goalies...TBH, they could be left out of the deal.

Mittelstadt is really close to busting at this point, and Greenway is interesting as hell when he is engaged. MN gets WAY smaller and weaker with this deal.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Intriguing, but I don’t know if the Wild go for it. Personally I might go for, but I’d think the Wild would want that pick to be a 3rd round.

it really depends on how you view Greenway vs Mittelstadt. Greenway has more NHL experience, 3rd line floor for now and always could get better.

Mittelstadt is younger, positional need, but hasn’t looked good be it probably rushed too soon into the NHL.

goalies probably cancel out since they both suck, but Hutton is cheaper.

what’s the conditional pick terms?

I would think the conditions would have to be based on Greenway's numbers in 2020/21 as MIN is taking the slightly greater risk on the swap IMO (although likely saving some cap space in the process).

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

I would do that trade

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Actually Doobs might be cheaper...isn't he only owed 2.5M in actual salary this year?

I would do it, but it would be risky. Greenway would be a fit back in upstate NY, potentially CM here. I don't care about the goalies...TBH, they could be left out of the deal.

Mittelstadt is really close to busting at this point, and Greenway is interesting as hell when he is engaged. MN gets WAY smaller and weaker with this deal.
How is Mittlestadt close to busting at the ripe old age of 21?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh, I'd take him because of the potential upside and positional fit, but he hasn't even stood out in the AHL. For a guy who was taken 8th overall, you've got to wonder. He just seems timid, and unwilling to engage.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I'll humor you. What do you think would be an adequate plus?
Leblanc and the offensive dman who was a 1st round pick a couple years ago was a top 10 talent but fell due to attitude. I forget his name.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Leblanc and the offensive dman who was a 1st round pick a couple years ago was a top 10 talent but fell due to attitude. I forget his name.

Labanc and Merkley? Yeah that's not it.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
(Contingent on whether Markstrom re-signs in Vancouver)

Would the Wild have interest in a Brandon Sutter for Devan Dubnyk deal? Who says no? (Both are on the final year of their contracts, pending UFA)

From the play-in's it sounds like Wild have a guy, Kahkonen waiting in the wings as the future in net, to pair with Stalock (who was the #1 this year)? However, even with Bjugstad and Johansson added to the fold with Eriksson Ek Minnesota probably still needs help up the middle, and Sutter was strong on draws, and can fit in with the defensive system.

If Markstrom doesn't come back, at least Vancouver would have a cheaper 1B option to pair with Demko, and there wouldn't be a need to protect him in ED when he's UFA when in this case TD would be our guy.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
(Contingent on whether Markstrom re-signs in Vancouver)

Would the Wild have interest in a Brandon Sutter for Devan Dubnyk deal? Who says no? (Both are on the final year of their contracts, pending UFA)

From the play-in's it sounds like Wild have a guy, Kahkonen waiting in the wings as the future in net, to pair with Stalock (who was the #1 this year)? However, even with Bjugstad and Johansson added to the fold with Eriksson Ek Minnesota probably still needs help up the middle, and Sutter was strong on draws, and can fit in with the defensive system.

If Markstrom doesn't come back, at least Vancouver would have a cheaper 1B option to pair with Demko, and there wouldn't be a need to protect him in ED when he's UFA when in this case TD would be our guy.
Probably. We're pretty set with bottom-6 centers, but it seems like it'd be straightforward to retain money on Sutter and flip him to a team that needs relatively cheap center depth. It'd save more money than retaining on Dubnyk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad