Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Because on hf 28 is old

Sort of, but, he was also the 8th overall pick 3 years ago, and the more games he plays, the lower his points per game gets. That's not the trend you want to see from a young guy drafted that high. Especially on a team that is absolutely starving for talent.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Why do you think Poehling has more value? That seems odd?

It's obviously subjective, but Poehling is younger - plays centre and I think will pan out to be a better player. I don't think the difference is much, but I would take Poehling long term over Greenway.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't expect the Wild to be able to move Dubnyk without either paying for it or taking something similar back. Straight up for a worse contract makes no sense at all though,
Dubnyk and Sutter have almost exactly the same contract. They both stink, but One is not worse than the other.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Dubnyk and Sutter have almost exactly the same contract. They both stink, but One is not worse than the other.
Sutter's is $1M more in actual money. There's zero incentive for Minnesota to take a worse contract

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sutter's is $1M more in actual money. There's zero incentive for Minnesota to take a worse contract
So their contracts, as I stated, are almost exactly the same. This is how crap contracts will be moved. And there is a lot of need for Minny to bring in s centre.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So their contracts, as I stated, are almost exactly the same. This is how crap contracts will be moved. And there is a lot of need for Minny to bring in s centre.

Eriksson Ek
Johansson
Bjugstad
Rask
Sturm

Show me where the need is for Minnesota to bring in Sutter

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
$1M difference isn't close to "exactly the same" on a $2.5M contract. Sutter would not be brought in to actually ever see the ice. He would be waived and sent down.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Is there any remote possibility of any realistic trade for Fiala.
Ever since I watched him and Nico Hischer play together in the world championships last year , I thought he was going to be a stud in the NHL.
He is starting to play up to expectations and is probably the last guy the Wild should trade.
Is there any combination of NJ taking cap dump(s) , any of our prospects or 1st round picks (7,18,20) that would pry Fiala away?
I’m guessing it would be ugly like one of Hughes Hischier Smith Blackwood to even start with ....

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ever since I watched him and Nico Hischer play together in the world championships last year , I thought he was going to be a stud in the NHL.
He is starting to play up to expectations and is probably the last guy the Wild should trade.
Is there any combination of NJ taking cap dump(s) , any of our prospects or 1st round picks (7,18,20) that would pry Fiala away?
I’m guessing it would be ugly like one of Hughes Hischier Smith Blackwood to even start with ....

Jack Hughes or it doesn't happen.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It would be way easier to work something out around Dumba and Hischier and then try out your Fiala/Hischier experiment in Minnesota.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There is always a price. I would think that Fiala still wouldn't have great value, as he only had 1/2 of a really good season. Some GM would really have to believe in him.

I think he's really, really, good, but I wouldn't be sruprised if he reverts back next season. Seems to good to be true.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can see Fletcher wanting to bring Greenway to Philly. The Flyers bottom 6 could use a player like him.

Laughton for Greenway straight up?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This would have to be a yes from Minnesota

Laughton is the better player now but is a few years older and a UFA in 2021 that we likely wont re-sign due to flat cap and forward depth. Could be a workable deal.

Laughton can play all 3 forward positions but is best at LW. Good PKer too.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Laughton is the better player now but is a few years older and a UFA in 2021 that we likely wont re-sign due to flat cap and forward depth. Could be a workable deal.

Laughton can play all 3 forward positions but is best at LW. Good PKer too.
I would prefer not to trade Greenway at all, but the Wild are in such a terrible position when it comes to center, that they need to bring in guys like Laughton and hope one can stick at center.

Reactions: Rebels57

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This would have to be a yes from Minnesota

I don't really think it has to be. He's 26 now. If you believe he can get better, maybe. This was his first season as anything more than a 30 point player, and he shot over 17.6% over a 49 game sample.

I definitely don't think this has to be a yes from us.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Greenway for turris + MIN 3rd

Turris has a horrible contract, Minnesota isn’t interested.

I can see Fletcher wanting to bring Greenway to Philly. The Flyers bottom 6 could use a player like him.

Laughton for Greenway straight up?

His contract expires in a year and he really doesn’t do anything for Minnesota. We’ve already got plenty of bottom 6 LWs.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't really think it has to be. He's 26 now. If you believe he can get better, maybe. This was his first season as anything more than a 30 point player, and he shot over 17.6% over a 49 game sample.

I definitely don't think this has to be a yes from us.
That's because you say no to pretty much everything

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, look at me saying no to a 30 point 26 year old pending UFA for your favorite player.
Because you've never actually seen most of these guys play and you certainly don't understand the numbers. You look up the player on hockeydatabase and pretend to offer educated opinions based off of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad