Wild Stadium Series & Alumni Games Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Greetings :)

Is anyone looking for a single for Sunday? My group has 1 extra, we're looking to dump it at waaaaay under face. Section 140 row 29. PM me for details. Would rather see this get in the hands of a true fan from either side than some other rando.

EDIT: It's gone

Last edited:

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
So where is going to be the best place to sit? Obviously the sidelines are prime, but I'm on a budget here. Do you think it would be better in a lower level or higher level? I know that sounds like a ridiculous question, but I'm considering the sightlines for an outdoor game might be better from higher?

Edit: Just found this on the site actually. "The scaling of the venue for an outdoor game is not typical of an indoor hockey game. Due to sight lines, the seats with the best sightlines will be in the highest levels of TCF Bank Stadium. Each ticket includes access to both the 2016 NHL Stadium Series™ Alumni and NHL Stadium Series™ games. The Wild will attack the west end goal twice, the same end as the stadium scoreboard."

Everyone agree?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So where is going to be the best place to sit? Obviously the sidelines are prime, but I'm on a budget here. Do you think it would be better in a lower level or higher level? I know that sounds like a ridiculous question, but I'm considering the sightlines for an outdoor game might be better from higher?

Edit: Just found this on the site actually. "The scaling of the venue for an outdoor game is not typical of an indoor hockey game. Due to sight lines, the seats with the best sightlines will be in the highest levels of TCF Bank Stadium. Each ticket includes access to both the 2016 NHL Stadium Seriesâ„¢ Alumni and NHL Stadium Seriesâ„¢ games. The Wild will attack the west end goal twice, the same end as the stadium scoreboard."

Everyone agree?
Yep. The best seats will be in the upper level. Sitting too low will really make it difficult to see the whole ice when you factor in the boards. Here's an interactive map that allows you to get some sight views. Here's a pic that I think was taken from the lower level. And higher up. Either way, there will be some obstructed views and the puck will be tough to follow.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
That's a bit misleading. The tickets were sold together initially but they are separate tickets. On Stubhub you can buy a package of both games or them individually.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Yep. The best seats will be in the upper level. Sitting too low will really make it difficult to see the whole ice when you factor in the boards. Here's an interactive map that allows you to get some sight views. Here's a pic that I think was taken from the lower level. And higher up. Either way, there will be some obstructed views and the puck will be tough to follow.

Thanks for the info!

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Honestly, if I went to the game I don't think I would care where I sat. The experience would be enough for me. It's not like it's a playoff game or anything.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The lodge told me after the games when I asked at the last game I was at. So probably March? or the last week in Feb?

BTW ---- you can get presale parking. Just got mine through Gophersports. Washington Ave ramp or some crap.
Parking passes already in hand. :yo:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Probably going to park near the Downtown East station and take the green line from there. I have parked by TCF (lot 37) for tailgating for the Vikes the past two years... and if you're tailgating, parking there is fine, because you just setup your tailgate again post game and wait out the traffic no problem.

If I'm not tailgating, I'm not going to deal with the absolute traffic nightmare near the stadium there. Worst traffic postgame you will see in the State of MN!

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Probably going to park near the Downtown East station and take the green line from there. I have parked by TCF (lot 37) for tailgating for the Vikes the past two years... and if you're tailgating, parking there is fine, because you just setup your tailgate again post game and wait out the traffic no problem.

If I'm not tailgating, I'm not going to deal with the absolute traffic nightmare near the stadium there. Worst traffic postgame you will see in the State of MN!

Agreed 100%. Though the pregame security was also bad. Horribly slow for the Vikings/Chiefs game I went to this year.. Arrived at 11:25 and didn't get my ticket scanned until 12:50. Made it in before halftime at least. :dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That chiefs game, I also was in line at 11:25...was in my seat just ase they kicked off.

After that game the doubled the personnel to speed up game entry...wasn't near as slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad