Wild Stadium Series & Alumni Games Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Probably going to park near the Downtown East station and take the green line from there. I have parked by TCF (lot 37) for tailgating for the Vikes the past two years... and if you're tailgating, parking there is fine, because you just setup your tailgate again post game and wait out the traffic no problem.

If I'm not tailgating, I'm not going to deal with the absolute traffic nightmare near the stadium there. Worst traffic postgame you will see in the State of MN!

Yeah the traffic is awful leaving TCF.

It was always nice when I was a student, we could just stroll out of the stadium and pass the lines and lines of cars as we walked the 6-8 blocks back to our apartment in Dinkytown :laugh:

Whenever we go to TCF now, we find street parking somewhere up in Como. More walking, but less traffic to deal with. And free parking!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Agreed 100%. Though the pregame security was also bad. Horribly slow for the Vikings/Chiefs game I went to this year.. Arrived at 11:25 and didn't get my ticket scanned until 12:50. Made it in before halftime at least. :dunno:

That chiefs game, I also was in line at 11:25...was in my seat just ase they kicked off.

After that game the doubled the personnel to speed up game entry...wasn't near as slow.

Funny, that's the only Vikes game I've been to in about five years. Can confirm it was awful. Think I managed to get in just in time for kickoff.

Last edited:

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
We have some lines!

Neal Broten will skate with Dino Ciccarelli and Tom McCarthy

Bobby Smith will skate with Steve Payne and Willi Plett

Mike Modano will skate with Brian Bellows and Brian Rolston (I broke the news to Rolston, and he was thrilled)

Tom Younghans will skate with Jack Carlson and Dennis Maruk

In a 2003 Wild reunion line, Wes Walz will skate with Antti Laaksonen and Richard Park

And, this is neat, but Andrew Brunette and Darby Hendrickson will skate with Modano, Smith and Broten, who will be double-shifted.

Nanne didn't know the D pairs yet because Reid was supposed to formulate those. Tom didn't text me back by the time I left the ground, so it may be waiting for me when I land.

Nanne thought Brad Maxwell was with Craig Hartsburg, but he didn't know the pairs between Fred Barrett, Brad Bombardir, Jon Casey, Reed Larsen and Gordie Roberts.

Gilles Meloche and Don Beaupre will split the game.
http://www.startribune.com/north-star-wild-alumni-game-lines-saturday/369435902/

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Dubnyk's mask has... Creepy viking babies, and... Discord from My Little Pony?

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Probably going to park near the Downtown East station and take the green line from there. I have parked by TCF (lot 37) for tailgating for the Vikes the past two years... and if you're tailgating, parking there is fine, because you just setup your tailgate again post game and wait out the traffic no problem.

If I'm not tailgating, I'm not going to deal with the absolute traffic nightmare near the stadium there. Worst traffic postgame you will see in the State of MN!

Yeah, I've said as much multiple times in this thread. There is simply NO GOOD WAY IN OR OUT of that area in your own vehicle during game days. The light rail is a godsend in that regard. I highly recommend parking along the Green Line (or even Blue, depending where you live) and just riding to TCF that way. Otherwise you will absolutely be sitting in traffic for 2 hours after the game.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota has been producing good bands for a very long time, now. Recently: Trampled by Turtles, Atmosphere, Mason Jennings

and there are plenty more.

and I so rarely get to post this, that I'm totally going to take the opportunity:

Last edited:

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Minnesota needs to start producing some new bands. Getting sick of Prince and Soul Asylum everytime they want to represent the state.

i would welcome a random Prince performance if I went somewhere, but there is no way he would do something for the NHL unless it was at a steep price. Dude is a flat out talent musician. Weird as all get up, but talented none the less.

Soul Asylum though, yeah time for them to go............could have gotten the Replacements if they wanted to go the Alt rock route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln