Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2023-2024

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I didn't realize Firstov had already played two games for Iowa. Watching them play Milwaukee currently. Tied at 1 in the 1st.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
How does he look, Firstov?
1711500693396.png

Looks like a little kid

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
How does he look, Firstov?
He's been noticeable on the 2nd PP and on a few scoring chances in his first two games. He's made good passes too - sometimes his linemates weren't ready for them or flubbed them. I do think he plays on the perimeter quite a bit in that I haven't noticed him going to the gritty areas (although he has done so tonight thus far.

Overall, I think he looks decent. Not as noticeable 5v5 yet but his hands and passing have been noticeable on the 2nd PP. He's got some zip on his snapshot but hasn't really had many chances to show it off yet.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hunt with a goal and assist tonight in a 4-3 OT loss. Walker had the same, Firstov and Bankier had assists.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Re Stramel Conversation: Got drinks with somebody who would have more insight on one of the Wild’s recent road trips. All I will say is Guerin very much wanted Stramel, but it’s not like Brackett had him as a round 2 guy. Judd liked the player as well. Plenty of blame to go around on that one

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Hey guys,

How has Adam Beckman looked in this latest few games with the big club? I see he's put up a couple of points but haven't managed to take in any of the games.

Followed him fairly closely in the WHL, so just trying to get a feel if there's still an outside chance he'll become a regular NHLer someday.

TIA!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Hey guys,

How has Adam Beckman looked in this latest few games with the big club? I see he's put up a couple of points but haven't managed to take in any of the games.

Followed him fairly closely in the WHL, so just trying to get a feel if there's still an outside chance he'll become a regular NHLer someday.

TIA!
He's not hurting us, but he doesn't stand out in any meaningful way. It looks to me like the speed of the game is overwhelming him, which doesn't bode too well with the level of pro experience that he has at this point. Effort level and positioning are solid, but I just struggle to see a role for him in his current form.

Reactions: Eegs

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He's not hurting us, but he doesn't stand out in any meaningful way. It looks to me like the speed of the game is overwhelming him, which doesn't bode too well with the level of pro experience that he has at this point. Effort level and positioning are solid, but I just struggle to see a role for him in his current form.

He has 18 NHL games over 3 years with no real extended stints. The speed of the game in the NHL is a lot faster than the AHL, so it's not surprising he's a still bit overwhelmed. If he gets comfortable with the speed then I can see him in a bottom-6 winger scoring line role. I don't think he has the passing/stickhandling to play higher than that. As a saving grace he does have a quality shot and is a willing shooter and he has decent size/speed. He does need to add some muscle mass.

I won't write him off yet, but his number of NHL chances is falling.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thing is with Beckman is that he never really was an upper level, first line type in the AHL, even though he was given a lot of chances. That's fine if you are a guy like Duhaime, and can provide physicality ,toughness, and a solid defensive game, but Beckman is pretty soft, for all that he is 6'1". At this point i would say that Rossi has more physicality than him.

I guess my point is that there's not there, there, unless he is scoring goals. He does have a good (not great) shot.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Thanks for the thorough reply! Appreciate it. He looked like a kid that was going to make or break it with his shot, which hasn't really even translated at the minor pro level. Was hoping he'd brought a different wrinkle to his game this time.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Firstov interview on during first intermission of Iowa Wild game. Said that first three games were hard for him after playing a full season in KHL and then coming here and having to play a different game/style. Said guys here are so big - he needs to play more physical like he was in KHL and knows fans want him to be harder on pucks...said when he gets chances, hes gonna rip it. Said his idol is Kaprizov and Kuznetsov.

If someone else heard it or hears it differently, feel free to clarify any discrepancies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Firstov interview on during first intermission of Iowa Wild game. Said that first three games were hard for him after playing a full season in KHL and then coming here and having to play a different game/style. Said guys here are so big - he needs to play more physical like he was in KHL and knows fans want him to be harder on pucks...said when he gets chances, hes gonna rip it. Said his idol is Kaprizov and Kuznetsov.

If someone else heard it or hears it differently, feel free to clarify any discrepancies.
Idols in hockey hopefully, and not in life. At least where Kuznetsov is concerned.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Based on highlights, stats, and nothing more, I am of the opinion Yurov could be an impact forward next season. Seems like a waste to leave him in the KHL.

I suppose them that knows more could tell me why not.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Heidt with two more assists and a period to go. Parascak, his teammate and 2024 draft eligible, already has a hat trick.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Based on highlights, stats, and nothing more, I am of the opinion Yurov could be an impact forward next season. Seems like a waste to leave him in the KHL.

I suppose them that knows more could tell me why not.

He does appear nhl ready, would not mind him coming over next year and getting a valuable year of experience before the cap opens up and we can spend some money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad