Proposal: Wild/Islanders

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Really? What's Leddy's pick equivalent of value, because I don't think it's a 1st and the Islanders were ready to send one our way earlier (reportedly).
However when the Islanders were sending the first and maybe Bellows it was for Parise, Koivu and taking on Ladd.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Parise is the much better player. Getting older and has a tough contract.

Ladd is basically finished but his contract is a lot more manageable.

the difference between Ladd and Parise is not Leddy. The isles are helping out The Wild by getting out of Parise contract as much as the wild are helping the isles get a better player.

I’m interested to see if this deal goes down. Both Parise and Ladd both agreed to waive for these respected teams and agreed to the trade.

actually Islanders arent helping wild out. wild dont need to trade a 25 goals scorer. wild dont have cap issues next year or in the short term. with dubnky becoming free agent next year, rask contract being boughout or traded after next year, with Greg Pateryn coming off, wild have no cap issues, like non.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
However when the Islanders were sending the first and maybe Bellows it was for Parise, Koivu and taking on Ladd.
I don't think Koivu was ever part of the deal to the Islanders. The Koivu deal was to Tampa

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I don't think Koivu was ever part of the deal to the Islanders. The Koivu deal was to Tampa
When the info started leaking out around the trade deadline it came out that Koivu refused to waive to go to the Islanders. That is why Lou turned to Pageau. Which in my opinion worked out much better

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yep, Koivu told Guerin on saturday that he wasn't going to waive his NMC before the trade deadline that was on Monday. Parise and Ladd agreed to waive their NMC's on monday. Koivu was never part of the deal.

Decision made: Captain Mikko Koivu will play rest of season with Wild

The 36-year-old center informed Wild general manager Bill Guerin on Saturday afternoon that he has decided not to waive his no-move clause in advance of Monday’s trade deadline.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Really? What's Leddy's pick equivalent of value, because I don't think it's a 1st and the Islanders were ready to send one our way earlier (reportedly).

where was that reported? Russo? The only thing concrete was Ladd and Parise is was speculated that Bellows name was involved but that was when Koivu might have still be in the trade. After koivu rejected, Lou and Guerin tried reworking the deal but it fell through.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's hard to disentangle what info has come from where, but around the time of the trade we had:

Friedman: the Islanders have/had some interest in Koivu
Russo: Koivu was approached about waiving his NMC and refused

That led many to conclude that New York was the team Koivu was asked to waive for, but I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed. Russo's latest story (I think in his most recent podcast) is that Koivu was probably being asked to waive for Tampa.

All of which is to say that I imagine both teams are at least still semi-open to pursuing this. If the Staal trade is any indication, Guerin's going to be pretty flexible about making it work.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
where was that reported? Russo? The only thing concrete was Ladd and Parise is was speculated that Bellows name was involved but that was when Koivu might have still be in the trade. After koivu rejected, Lou and Guerin tried reworking the deal but it fell through.
Your timeline isn't close

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I can't remember but it sticks in my head from somewhere.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

russo reported the 1st was coming Minnesota's way but after Koivu refused to waive and Islanders acquired Pageau, the deal essentially felled apart because Guerin was going to get that 1st round pick.

Reactions: SI90

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Parise for Leddy + Ladd

There's obviously mutual interest between Parise and Lou going back to the TDL. Is the ~$3.5M in cap savings (~$2.5M if Ladd is in the minors) enough to make it tolerable to NYI fans?

The isles had interest because they want to dump Ladd and his remaining 3 yrs,$5.5m caphit. A swap of two awful contracts.

Under the new CBA, a ntc or nmc carries over to the new team after a trade.

What team would want to waste a Seattle expansion slot on Parise and his nmc?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don’t think it was ever reported that NYI was aquiring Koivu
I read Koivu refused to waive his ntc for the nyi. Isles were trying to add top 6 scoring and a badly needed 3C.
Brassard was much more effective at wing and center Casey Cizikas was injured.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The isles had interest because they want to dump Ladd and his remaining 3 yrs,$5.5m caphit. A swap of two awful contracts.

Under the new CBA, a ntc or nmc carries over to the new team after a trade.

What team would want to waste a Seattle expansion slot on Parise and his nmc?

He does put you guys in a bad spot forward-wise. I hadn't looked closely at that.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think a team like Ottawa might have interest in Parise if he’d waive to go there. High AAV but low salary which is appealing to Melnyk who wants to get to the cap as cheap as possible. They’d be getting a 20+ goal player too. I’d do it for a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he scores 20 goals in his first season.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Parise got 2 decent-good seasons left and his play style would work in NYI system, but his contract goes for an additional 3 seasons afterward...and Parise would need to approve such a deal seeing how he has a NMC.

NYI:

Parise w/ $1m retained by Minn.

Wild:

Beauvilier, Ladd, and retain $1m of Parise

NYI are immediately better and for next 2-3 seasons.

Wild get a Top 6 W they desperately need
No. Just no.
23 yr old Beau is the isles youngster, whose game has made the biggest strides this season under Trots. In the past he has had confidence issues.
Isles are not dumping Beau to wiggle out if Ladd's last 3 seasons.And take on Parise's crappy deal too?

Ugh:thumbd:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad