Proposal: Wild/Islanders

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think the main point is that Parise is still a useful player which is why Lou was interested in the first place. And why you can’t just back the garbage truck up to Wild HQ and unload.

Parise is still a good nhl player, contributing to his team while Ladd brings little to nothing to the table.

However, that does not mean 35 yr old Parise with 5 more yrs on his contract ,needing expansion draft protection and a $7.5m cap hit,is a good pickup. Isles shouldn't wiggle out of one awful contract and into a longer,slightly less awful contract.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Parise is still a good nhl player, contributing to his team while Ladd brings little to nothing to the table.

However, that does not mean 35 yr old Parise with 5 more yrs on his contract ,needing expansion draft protection and a $7.5m cap hit,is a good pickup. Isles shouldn't wiggle out of one awful contract and into a longer,slightly less awful contract.

You’ll need to take that up with Lou. The speculation here is mostly about how to dust off the trade that almost happened, not make it exponentially worse for the Wild. I doubt Isles fans were keen on this in the first place....I wouldn’t have been as a NYI fan. But there is no reason to step from one pile of #### into another for the Wild.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You’ll need to take that up with Lou. The speculation here is mostly about how to dust off the trade that almost happened, not make it exponentially worse for the Wild. I doubt Isles fans were keen on this in the first place....I wouldn’t have been as a NYI fan. But there is no reason to step from one pile of #### into another for the Wild.

Lou was in desperate straits at the TDL,with his team needing goal scoring and a 3C. He has since added his long term 3C (Pags). And with the press reporting many quality players are being made available due to the flat cap,I am hoping more trade options for a goal scorer will be open to the isles. No need to make a desperation trade of crappy contracts.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
One article is from 2020 . Parise's own comments show he wants to be on a SC contender,not go thru a rebuild or retool.
Geez, what do you expect him to say after having the trade fall thru? Was he supposed to publicly express his disappointment or try to be a good locker room guy and be supportive of his Wild team?

he literally expressed happiness to still be with wild and playing with Kaprizov. after Fiala took off and wild started winning, it was no longer him wanting to be off the team. That's a fact. My gosh. You keep saying wild are rebuilding or retooling and it's false. wild didnt sign Brodin / spurgeon to those contracts to do so

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
he literally expressed happiness to still be with wild and playing with Kaprizov. after Fiala took off and wild started winning, it was no longer him wanting to be off the team. That's a fact. My gosh. You keep saying wild are rebuilding or retooling and it's false. wild didnt sign Brodin / spurgeon to those contracts to do so

Is it? Is it really?

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Well he's not going to come back after rumors he was almost traded and say "damn, really wish I was traded, I hate it here"

Considering that him waiving his NMC to not be here anymore is public knowledge, he had some PR to do after the deal fell through

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
You really should stop.
where in here did it say anything beside maybe Guerin revisiting the trade? wild arent rebuilding. It was made clear at trade deadline, wild want a 1st for Parise. Especially with Fiala taking off, Kaprizov Here, the chance of Parise being given away probably decreases because Parise can still score and will help Kaprizov & Fiala

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
where in here did it say anything beside maybe Guerin revisiting the trade? wild arent rebuilding. It was made clear at trade deadline, wild want a 1st for Parise. Especially with Fiala taking off, Kaprizov Here, the chance of Parise being given away probably decreases because Parise can still score and will help Kaprizov & Fiala

Fiala was taking off and Kaprizov was coming here when Parise agreed to waive the NMC.

Reactions: 2Pair

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

What would you expect ANY team leader to say,after having waived his ntc for a trade,only to see that trade fall apart hours before the TDL?

And btw, a retool is not the same as tearing it down for a major rebuild.Extending a few key vets while trading other top vets away is more in line retooling.
That fits in with the reports the GM wants to change the culture of the team after several disappointing seasons.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
What would you expect ANY team leader to say,after having waived his ntc for a trade,only to see that trade fall apart hours before the TDL?

And btw, a retool is not the same as tearing it down for a major rebuild.Extending a few key vets while trading other top vets away is more in line retooling.
That fits in with the reports the GM wants to change the culture of the team after several disappointing seasons.

so did ladd also waive because Islanders were bad? That is essentially your argument being used by you

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Please don't call Parise that. That's bad Karma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad