Proposal: Wild/Islanders

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think a team like Ottawa might have interest in Parise if he’d waive to go there. High AAV but low salary which is appealing to Melnyk who wants to get to the cap as cheap as possible. They’d be getting a 20+ goal player too. I’d do it for a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he scores 20 goals in his first season.

Not low salary yet.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The isles had interest because they want to dump Ladd and his remaining 3 yrs,$5.5m caphit. A swap of two awful contracts.

Under the new CBA, a ntc or nmc carries over to the new team after a trade.

What team would want to waste a Seattle expansion slot on Parise and his nmc?
That's not new

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Wild desperately need centers not wingers. While it's a good deal IMO and as the wild I'd do it. No idea if Beau could play center and highly doubt isles would ever offer him at least not for this. But wild say yes.

Parise is also NOT a center and he's 35-36. Mikko Koivu said he's not coming back and Staal was traded. The team is fully committed to a rebuild and while Minny very clearly needs centers they also could benefit from an additional young winger

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Parise is also NOT a center and he's 35-36. Mikko Koivu said he's not coming back and Staal was traded. The team is fully committed to a rebuild and while Minny very clearly needs centers they also could benefit from an additional young winger
Why?

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
When the info started leaking out around the trade deadline it came out that Koivu refused to waive to go to the Islanders. That is why Lou turned to Pageau. Which in my opinion worked out much better

That’s incorrect. The Isles acquired Pageau in the morning. Then around 12:30 or so news broke the Isles were close to acquiring Parise. A hour later when it still wasn’t done then reports came out they were trying to figure out the financials and it wasn’t a given they can do it before 3pm. It didn’t fall apart because of Koivu or anything else, they just simply couldn’t make the money work.

Reactions: 2Pair

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I don't think this is really Lamoriello or Guerin's decision. Parise waived because he wants to go to NY, specifically the Islanders. Ladd wants out of NY. Both have NTC/NMC.

Guerin can't force Parise to go anywhere other than where Parise wants to go. Same goes for Lamoriello and Ladd.

Yes, both teams can keep those players. I'm sure Parise would love to finish out his career on a rebuilding team and I'm sure Ladd would love playing at Bridgeport.

I see this being revisited during the offseason as it seems the only way the players are going to get what they want. Whatever gets added in to make the other team whole will probably be a lesser prospect.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Minny is in full rebuild mode. Getting a young player with upside potential is just about always a good thing for a team in that position. Even if it's just for trade collateral...but it seems like Fiala is going to work out in Minny which is a good thing. Erikkson Ek and Donato are still kind of tweeners where it's unsure if either guy will develop and take the next step, but both are serviceable even if they don't. Nothing wrong with keeping 1-2 of good vets like Zuccarello. His contract isn't horrific and if he keeps his production up he could be moved in 2-3 years at the deadline for a younger player/picks.

Wild are in a good place, but the Suter and Parise contracts are anchoring them pretty bad

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Minny is in full rebuild mode. Getting a young player with upside potential is just about always a good thing for a team in that position. Even if it's just for trade collateral...but it seems like Fiala is going to work out in Minny which is a good thing. Erikkson Ek and Donato are still kind of tweeners where it's unsure if either guy will develop and take the next step, but both are serviceable even if they don't. Nothing wrong with keeping 1-2 of good vets like Zuccarello. His contract isn't horrific and if he keeps his production up he could be moved in 2-3 years at the deadline for a younger player/picks.

Wild are in a good place, but the Suter and Parise contracts are anchoring them pretty bad
Eriksson-Ek is a C.
What about Kaprizov, Kunin, Foligno, Hartman, Greenway?
Not enough wingers under 30?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Takes four to tango here i guess. i see reasons three of the four do it but why would Ladd? Peer pressure?

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Eriksson-Ek is a C.
What about Kaprizov, Kunin, Foligno, Hartman, Greenway?
Not enough wingers under 30?

I don't see Hartman, Greenway , or Foligno developing into Top 6 W. Verdict isn't out on Kaprizov or Kunin...of course these are all my professional keyboard warrior opinions... XD XD XD

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Parise for Leddy + Ladd

There's obviously mutual interest between Parise and Lou going back to the TDL. Is the ~$3.5M in cap savings (~$2.5M if Ladd is in the minors) enough to make it tolerable to NYI fans?
Don't think the Islanders do this. Wasted protection slot on Parise.
All in all bad trade for the Islanders.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I believe under the old cba,teams had the option of keeping the player's ntc/nmc or basically voiding it.
Nope. That only applied to younger guys that were traded before their clauses took effect.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Please don't speak on teams that you know nothing about. Thanks

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Nope. That only applied to younger guys that were traded before their clauses took effect.
Go Google the recently passed new cba.
The newest cba says ntc or nmc remains in effect after a trade.So, any team acquiring Parise must protect him in the Seattle expansion draft.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Don't think the Islanders do this. Wasted protection slot on Parise.
All in all bad trade for the Islanders.

At the TDL Lou was scrambling. The isles were in a 2-4-0 stretch. They were trying to acquire a goal scorer and a 3C. Pelech and Cizikas were injured.
Adding Koivu & Parise would have checked off both boxes. When this deal fell apart,Lou moved on to the Pags trade and signed him long term.
I am hoping Lou does not revisit a Parise to LI trade. Replacing one s***** contract with a slighty less s***** contract makes no sense.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
At the TDL Lou was scrambling. The isles were in a 2-4-0 stretch. They were trying to acquire a goal scorer and a 3C. Pelech and Cizikas were injured.
Adding Koivu & Parise would have checked off both boxes. When this deal fell apart,Lou moved on to the Pags trade and signed him long term.
I am hoping Lou does not revisit a Parise to LI trade. Replacing one s***** contract with a slighty less s***** contract makes no sense.

Again, that’s not what happened. Islanders acquired Pageau in the morning, around 10:30 or so. Reports came out around lunch time that the Islanders were close to acquiring Parise. There were even reports from Parise that said he was excited and ready to join the Isles. About a hour or so later reports started coming out the financials of the deal is difficult so it may not get completed in time for 3PM. It was going to be Pageau and Parise for Lou, it wasn’t one or the other. It had nothing to do with Koivu. The deal fell apart because they couldn’t sort out the money part of the deal in time

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Go Google the recently passed new cba.
The newest cba says ntc or nmc remains in effect after a trade.So, any team acquiring Parise must protect him in the Seattle expansion draft.
It was always like that.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Minnesota isn't committed to rebuild. Blatant false statement. Minnesota will never rebuild

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I don't think this is really Lamoriello or Guerin's decision. Parise waived because he wants to go to NY, specifically the Islanders. Ladd wants out of NY. Both have NTC/NMC.

Guerin can't force Parise to go anywhere other than where Parise wants to go. Same goes for Lamoriello and Ladd.

Yes, both teams can keep those players. I'm sure Parise would love to finish out his career on a rebuilding team and I'm sure Ladd would love playing at Bridgeport.

I see this being revisited during the offseason as it seems the only way the players are going to get what they want. Whatever gets added in to make the other team whole will probably be a lesser prospect.

Again wild aren't rebuilding, this statement is false.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Again, that’s not what happened. Islanders acquired Pageau in the morning, around 10:30 or so. Reports came out around lunch time that the Islanders were close to acquiring Parise. There were even reports from Parise that said he was excited and ready to join the Isles. About a hour or so later reports started coming out the financials of the deal is difficult so it may not get completed in time for 3PM. It was going to be Pageau and Parise for Lou, it wasn’t one or the other. It had nothing to do with Koivu. The deal fell apart because they couldn’t sort out the money part of the deal in time

False. Again islanders fans, the 1st round pick would have to be given up. Guerin wasn't just going to give up a 25 goal scorer in Parise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad