Proposal: Wild/Islanders

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Again, that’s not what happened. Islanders acquired Pageau in the morning, around 10:30 or so. Reports came out around lunch time that the Islanders were close to acquiring Parise. There were even reports from Parise that said he was excited and ready to join the Isles. About a hour or so later reports started coming out the financials of the deal is difficult so it may not get completed in time for 3PM. It was going to be Pageau and Parise for Lou, it wasn’t one or the other. It had nothing to do with Koivu. The deal fell apart because they couldn’t sort out the money part of the deal in time

do you think trade talks between the Isles & Wild and the Isles & Sens took place in the a period of a few hrs?
No. Isles had been trying to acquire Pags for months and kicking the tires on other players.
Imo the isles were not trying to acquire all 3 players Pags/Parise/Koivu. They needed a goal scorer and 3C.
I read that the Minn rumor was Ladd+Bellows+1st for Kouvi+ Parise.
Koivu refused to waive his ntc. Isles reached an agreement with the Sens,they made the Pags trade. They still needed goal scoring and likely turned back to Minn about Parise. Thankfully,they were unable to pull that trade off.

Reactions: CupHolders

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
go read Russo's Parise Athletic articles. Rebuild or retool...Parise sounds disinterested in going thru it.

really?? Do you have proof of these? He hasnt written anything about Parise since his last aritcle during the Corona Break. Also, its blatantly false. He spoke to Parise during the break, Parise said; He is very excited and looking foward to playing with Kaprizov

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
do you think trade talks between the Isles & Wild and the Isles & Sens took place in the a period of a few hrs?
No. Isles had been trying to acquire Pags for months and kicking the tires on other players.
Imo the isles were not trying to acquire all 3 players Pags/Parise/Koivu. They needed a goal scorer and 3C.
I read that the Minn rumor was Ladd+Bellows+1st for Kouvi+ Parise.
Koivu refused to waive his ntc. Isles reached an agreement with the Sens,they made the Pags trade. They still needed goal scoring and likely turned back to Minn about Parise. Thankfully,they were unable to pull that trade off.

Again false. Russo reported Koivu refused to waive to waie for Islanders. It's out there

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
really?? Do you have proof of these? He hasnt written anything about Parise since his last aritcle during the Corona Break. Also, its blatantly false. He spoke to Parise during the break, Parise said; He is very excited and looking foward to playing with Kaprizov

Parise talks about being 35 and realizing how quickly time has passed. He talks about wanting to be on a SC contender.He clearly is not interested in rebuilding or retooling. One article is from 2019 and the other from 2020.

Zach Parise's hockey-life crisis: As he turns 35, Wild star ponders his past, present and future

Wild's Zach Parise trade talks with Isles break apart at deadline (UPDATE)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Again false. Russo reported Koivu refused to waive to waie for Islanders. It's out there
Read my comments again.

I posted that Koivu refused to waive. I have posted a few times that he refused to waive for the NYI.
Maybe you have my post mixed up with another.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Parise talks about being 35 and realizing how quickly time has passed. He talks about wanting to be on a SC contender.He clearly is not interested in rebuilding or retooling. One article is from 2019 and the other from 2020.

Zach Parise's hockey-life crisis: As he turns 35, Wild star ponders his past, present and future

Wild's Zach Parise trade talks with Isles break apart at deadline (UPDATE)

so you bring up an article from 2019, and trade deadline to make your point. This is beyond a level of embarrasing .

russo also talked with Parise during the covid break where he talked about being excited to play with Kaprizov.

You should really stop

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I don't think there's a deal to be made here from either side.

Isles need to clear cap space without taking on an equal amount, which would make trading Ladd for another big contract effectively pointless. There's the three big NYI RFAs this offseason, but there's another three big ones next offseason (Sorokin, Beauvillier and Pelech). Not to mention Praise isn't really the type of goal scorer we need. He tends to try to bury goals by the crease, which is what Lee does already. We need a shooter.

From the Wild side, Parise to Ladd is quite the downgrade in terms of talent at this point in each player's career. So they would rightfully ask for a significant add on to Ladd and I'm not sure if the Isles are able and willing to do that in a deal where cap space is effectively even. The Isles may have to use their limited amount of tradeable futures to clear cap space.

Reactions: CREW99AW

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
so you bring up an article from 2019, and trade deadline to make your point. This is beyond a level of embarrasing .

russo also talked with Parise during the covid break where he talked about being excited to play with Kaprizov.

You should really stop

Jonas Brodin's deal sets the stage for a Wild offseason that should be eventful

9/15/20

When the New York Islanders’ season ends, Guerin could and probably will revisit the Zach Parise trade that fell through at the last minute in February. Whether or not Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello is still interested remains to be seen.

You really should stop.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

You should really stop

One article is from 2020 . Parise's own comments show he wants to be on a SC contender,not go thru a rebuild or retool.
Geez, what do you expect him to say after having the trade fall thru? Was he supposed to publicly express his disappointment or try to be a good locker room guy and be supportive of his Wild team?

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
I dont want any part of parise rn. He has a higher cap hit and will make it more difficult to sign pulock/Barzal/Toews. Leddy still has value, 5.5 million isnt terrible for a 2nd pair dman. We can still get something decent, maybe a 2nd + B prospect.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Unless the Wild plan on taking cap dump(s) back in return, this deal won’t work. Parise has a longer contract and higher cap hit then Ladd. Somehow this deal would have to include Ladd, Hickey and who knows what else.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Unless the Wild plan on taking cap dump(s) back in return, this deal won’t work. Parise has a longer contract and higher cap hit then Ladd. Somehow this deal would have to include Ladd, Hickey and who knows what else.

I think the main point is that Parise is still a useful player which is why Lou was interested in the first place. And why you can’t just back the garbage truck up to Wild HQ and unload.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the main point is that Parise is still a useful player which is why Lou was interested in the first place. And why you can’t just back the garbage truck up to Wild HQ and unload.

I'm astounded by how many people fail to realize that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There is nothing useful about Parise to the Wild. Back up whatever garbage trucks you like

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad