Proposal: Wild/Islanders

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Parise for Leddy + Ladd

There's obviously mutual interest between Parise and Lou going back to the TDL. Is the ~$3.5M in cap savings (~$2.5M if Ladd is in the minors) enough to make it tolerable to NYI fans?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Parise for Leddy + Ladd

There's obviously mutual interest between Parise and Lou going back to the TDL. Is the ~$3.5M in cap savings (~$2.5M if Ladd is in the minors) enough to make it tolerable to NYI fans?

dude are you even a wild fan? My gosh i get you hate Dumba or Parise, but what a joke of a proposal for wild. my gosh, wild arent tading Parise short of a 1st round pick.

wild say no. this is beyond trash

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Parise got 2 decent-good seasons left and his play style would work in NYI system, but his contract goes for an additional 3 seasons afterward...and Parise would need to approve such a deal seeing how he has a NMC.

NYI:

Parise w/ $1m retained by Minn.

Wild:

Beauvilier, Ladd, and retain $1m of Parise

NYI are immediately better and for next 2-3 seasons.

Wild get a Top 6 W they desperately need

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Parise got 2 decent-good seasons left and his play style would work in NYI system, but his contract goes for an additional 3 seasons afterward...and Parise would need to approve such a deal seeing how he has a NMC.

NYI:

Wild:

You're about to get absolutely castrated for putting Beau in there. I wouldn't even think to ask for him in this deal. No way the Isles do it.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota

NYI:

Wild:

Wild desperately need centers not wingers. While it's a good deal IMO and as the wild I'd do it. No idea if Beau could play center and highly doubt isles would ever offer him at least not for this. But wild say yes.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

NYI:

Wild:

Guerin just sprained both wrists trying to get this trade stuffed into the fax machine

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

NYI:

Wild:

UM no they are not. Beau is a big part of the Top 6, They would be worse off both talent and cap wise. The original deal pre-JPG seemed to be Parise and Koivu for Ladd, Bellows and a 1st. I cant see a way the deal works now. The Islanders are just unable to take on the cap hit for the next 5 years.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Wild desperately need centers not wingers. While it's a good deal IMO and as the wild I'd do it. No idea if Beau could play center and highly doubt isles would ever offer him at least not for this. But wild say yes.

We do, but that concept doesn't really apply here.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know the priority is to just get Parise off the roster, but we don't need Leddy, who has 2 years at 5.5M, and Ladd is 5.5M in dead cap for three years. I would like to see some sort of value coming back to the Wild for allowing the Islanders to re-sign all their RFAs.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I know the priority is to just get Parise off the roster, but we don't need Leddy, who has 2 years at 5.5M, and Ladd is 5.5M in dead cap for three years. I would like to see some sort of value coming back to the Wild for allowing the Islanders to re-sign all their RFAs.

I wouldn't mind a pick coming our way, but the Islanders are kind of short on them. Maybe take a flyer on Ho-sang? Leddy keeping Hunt off the ice is valuable to me though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Pair

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I wouldn't mind a pick coming our way, but the Islanders are kind of short on them. Maybe take a flyer on Ho-sang? Leddy keeping Hunt of the ice is valuable to me though.

huh?? dude Parise is a 25 goal scorer. wild dont need to get rid of him. Also, it has been made clear the 1st round pick was supposed to be coming to the wild, and once the islanders turned around and dealt it for Pageau after Koivu said no, the deal felt apart.

Yeah No. This is so confusing on every level that you want to get rid of a 25 goal scorer that bad wild will still pay recapture for no matter what; especially that cap isnt an issue for wild.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
huh?? dude Parise is a 25 goal scorer. wild dont need to get rid of him. Also, it has been made clear the 1st round pick was supposed to be coming to the wild, and once the islanders turned around and dealt it for Pageau after Koivu said no, the deal felt apart.

Yeah No. This is so confusing on every level that you want to get rid of a 25 goal scorer that bad wild will still pay recapture for no matter what; especially that cap isnt an issue for wild.

Yeah, I don't care about any of that.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't mind a pick coming our way, but the Islanders are kind of short on them. Maybe take a flyer on Ho-sang? Leddy keeping Hunt of the ice is valuable to me though.

They've got a first next year. 3.5M in cap space+20-25 goals from Parise is worth that. I think Ho-Sang is beyond taking a flyer on at this point. Maybe Holmstrom could come back?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Parise is the much better player. Getting older and has a tough contract.

Ladd is basically finished but his contract is a lot more manageable.

the difference between Ladd and Parise is not Leddy. The isles are helping out The Wild by getting out of Parise contract as much as the wild are helping the isles get a better player.

I’m interested to see if this deal goes down. Both Parise and Ladd both agreed to waive for these respected teams and agreed to the trade.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

NYI:

Wild:

FYI Parise already waived to come to the islanders at the deadline. He was all in and ready to become an islander but the deal fell through. I don’t see it being a problem.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

the difference between Ladd and Parise is not Leddy. The isles are helping out The Wild by getting out of Parise contract as much as the wild are helping the isles get a better player.

I’m interested to see if this deal goes down. Both Parise and Ladd both agreed to waive for these respected teams and agreed to the trade.
Take Leddy out of the deal then. Even better

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Really? What's Leddy's pick equivalent of value, because I don't think it's a 1st and the Islanders were ready to send one our way earlier (reportedly).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad