Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Leafs 4-3 in shootout

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
This team looks so much different without Marner. Hope he is back soon. Great game Spezza and shootout moves by Mathews and Kaprizov.

Reactions: therealkoho

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Sure there is a poliical ploy,but DUBAS andKEEFE CANNOT keep showing the team, that they are displaying a lazy seems to be crack pipe slob, instead of lilly...

Holl is trash now...

FUGG OFF DISPLAYING A SLOB...

Play the best players, we could have beaten them easily\

Play one bad apple and see what u get...

And your attempt to display Holl was a disaster...

He got a bit of money and is ready to collectd food stamps

Your whole team sees it, and so do I.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I feel bad for Campbell. Got rocked to end the period, his teammates didn’t do shit, and then took the L in the shootout in a game he stood on his head for

Leafs played good for like six minutes at the end of the second period, were dominated in the third period, gave up nearly 25 shots. People here will try to window dress it up because they've been so dominant lately, but I'll call it like I see it. Leafs were trash this game, hung Campbell out to dry.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Does anyone know if Spezza was legitimately hurt in OT? Hoping the guy will get to 1000 this season, I can't see why we wouldn't bring him back again next season though

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I thought it was a pretty good game, playoff style, good to see the boys roll with the physicality of the Wild. Horrible missed call at the end, but what can you do, hope for better reffing in the playoffs, but given the tendency for whistles to go away need to get used to it.

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
seemed like holl was just always being forced to give it up. were they specifically targeting him or something?
I agree, he is really shaky, but he is 6-7 on the depth chart. That’s what you are going to get out of him especially when he partner is playing just as bad. Muzz, Reilly and McDermott all had brutal giveaways, the Wild failed to capitalize on those.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Don’t blame Keefe for sending out Kase. Dubas has computers making those kind of decisions
Ignoring the completely unneccesary silly shot at Dubas, Kase was 7-15 in the shootout. It was a fine decision.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Ignoring the completely unneccesary silly shot at Dubas, Kase was 7-15 in the shootout. It was a fine decision.
It’s not a shot at anyone. The game is trending towards analytics. Part of that is running the algorithms and going with the results. I actually think it’s good for the game. Takes the emotion and bias out of decisions like that

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Joey Anderson didn't look very good in his early shifts and from that point Keefe kept him off the ice. Too bad, I was hoping for more from him. Is there another option from the Marlies? Seney seems to be a very energetic little player. Maybe he's a better choice.

Alex Steeves and once healthy Nick Robertson. Seney could fill in but he’s more AHL than the other two.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Keefe being diplomatic about that BS non-call on Foligno running Campbell. I doubt he cares much about the fine, but God knows these thin-skinned zebras would go out of their way to call nothing for us if Keefe really laid into them and their incompetence.

Hate when posts get deleted and my post gets bumped to the bottom of a page instead of near the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief keefe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad