Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Leafs 4-3 in shootout

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
We did ok, didn't give up, but a little disappointed in toughness. Simmonds cannot be our only step up guy. Holl, Ritchie better figure it out soon. Both are expendable.
If Holl won't step up, then just play Lily, if Ritchie doesn't, might as well put skill on the ice.

Reactions: Wendelstache

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I hope foligno gets a suspension for coming off the bench. I don't think he should get one for that play. However running our goalie like that deserves something. So 10 games for coming off the bench sounds good to me. f***er

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Running our goalie was not a suspension, but I was appalled it wasn't a penalty. I would have been okay losing the game in overtime if it meant sending a message to him and doing the same to their goalie.

Reactions: Lilou and fahad203

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Running our goalie was not a suspension, but I was appalled it wasn't a penalty. I would have been okay losing the game in overtime if it meant sending a message to him and doing the same to their goalie.
It was a little disappointing no one went after him there.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Imagine if Holl wasn't a piece of shit and was good at his job
Y'all just keep on keepin on, y'hear!

I like Minnesota fans. Solid hockey fans

Like a lot of Canadians they grow up playing the game, it's always easier to be a fan when you know what a hockey bag smells like and you know the sounds of sharp skates digging into a fresh sheet of ice.

Turned it off when it went to shootout.

I dislike them thoroughly

But, but Gary says that the fan's love em and that 'muricans don't understand ties or like em for that matter!

f*** that bring up 6'9 Douglas from the Marlies to introduce himself to Foligno the proper way.

You need to listen to Gary he says that the fans don't like that rough stuff, full stop. Those same fans btw all came out of their seats once the gloves hit the ice.:cool:

Last week when Landeskog dropped em with a Preds Dman and the guy folded up like a cheap suitcase 2 punches in, Bissonette says, and I quote "did ya see it, the guy turned total pansy!" I was mortified, you cannot use that word as a verb under any circumstance!

I thought for sure he'd get bounced the next day.

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I hope foligno gets a suspension for coming off the bench. I don't think he should get one for that play. However running our goalie like that deserves something. So 10 games for coming off the bench sounds good to me. f***er
"I hope he gets suspended for coming off the bench but I don't think he should"

How does this make any sense?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I usually watch the away feed, gives more perspective on the team the Leafs are facing. The Wild commentators entire analysis boiled down to repeating "drag the Leafs into a physical game" so yea, that is usually code for take so many liberties you'll get away with most.
When they play Minny and the Leafs feed is on Sportsnet you have to turn the sound off.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The Alfie-Spezza-Heatley line still gives me nightmares.
Hossa Spezza Heatley were also a treat, I had a front row seat for all those years, they were a scoring machine. Always great though watching the Bud's drop them in the playoffs though.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Keefe being diplomatic about that BS non-call on Foligno running Campbell. I doubt he cares much about the fine, but God knows these thin-skinned zebras would go out of their way to call nothing for us if Keefe really laid into them and their incompetence.

Hate when posts get deleted and my post gets bumped to the bottom of a page instead of near the top.

He can’t control the refs, but he can control his players.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
"I hope he gets suspended for coming off the bench but I don't think he should"

How does this make any sense?
Hoping he gets suspended and thinking that he should be are two very different things. Also since he wasn't penalized for running Campbell getting suspended for leaving the bench would be great.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hoping he gets suspended and thinking that he should be are two very different things. Also since he wasn't penalized for running Campbell getting suspended for leaving the bench would be great.
Kerfoot tip-toed around him and could have given him a suspension, and took one himself.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Glad they picked up a point considering the scoreline. PP1 looks more crisp with Spezza there instead of Marner, gives the team another shooting option also.
The first couple were train wrecks. It wasnt that they couldnt hold the pucks in, it was that they were shooting their own puck out of the ozone

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Watched the game this morning.

leafs were the better team.
The bounces Against Jack were ridiculous.
Should have been a penalty for running Jack and out of game for the coming off the bench.

but the spezza penalty seemed kinda weak? But h isn’t a diver so….dunno.

Good game all around. Didn’t give up. Lost in a skills competition.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
It was a little disappointing no one went after him there.

It was odd in altogether. Our goalie is on his back inside goal and no whistle from referees. Then no penalty and no one from our side don't go after Foligno. Like that play never happened, to anyone else than Campbell. I'm disappointed that Rielly didn't go after Foligno straight after.

Reactions: ACC1224

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Watched the game this morning.

leafs were the better team.
The bounces Against Jack were ridiculous.
Should have been a penalty for running Jack and out of game for the coming off the bench.

but the spezza penalty seemed kinda weak? But h isn’t a diver so….dunno.

Good game all around. Didn’t give up. Lost in a skills competition.

He clearly got slashed in the hands. It was 100% a penalty, but I think due to his reaction, people thought it was a high-stick (I did too because it looked like he was clutching his face at first, but he was cradling his hand when he was walking off). They thought he was faking because it was nowhere near his face, but that wasn't what he was reacting to anyways.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Yup, want to see Simmonds KO him. That is complete BS…running Jack like that and direct contact was the head! How is Foligno not getting suspended? WTF. It is going to have to be addressed next game vs the Wild.
Simmonds Ritchie or Clifford lol. When’s the last time the leafs had 3 guys to take care of business when needed.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It was odd in altogether. Our goalie is on his back inside goal and no whistle from referees. Then no penalty and no one from our side don't go after Foligno. Like that play never happened, to anyone else than Campbell. I'm disappointed that Rielly didn't go after Foligno straight after.
You want rielly of all people to be going after foligno? At that point in the game it’s not worth it. You go for the win and get him next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00