Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Hawks in shootout!

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Gilbert, Brodin and Suter all impressed. Suter played how I've been expecting him to play. Gilbert played as well as I've been expecting Suter to play. The only thing disappointing about Brodin is that he makes me expect more from Granlund, which is unfair.

Granlund pretty well personified the team as a whole. He had some of his best shifts, he had some terrible shifts.

Was this Parise's worst game for the Wild? If so, I could still tolerate a season of it. Also, is anybody else starting to suspect he's actually a swarm of bees wearing a disguise?

Setoguchi is the poor man's Parise. I don't know if that means he's two-thirds the bees, or that they're unAfricanized or what. At any rate, he'll get his.

Pull Bouchard off the power play to even out the handedness? What's the point of putting someone else out there to take a shot that's no longer going to be set up?

I hate, hate pulling the goalie that early and after only two goals, but it was as much the correct I-wouldn't-do-it thing to do as picking Cullen for the shootout. Fun fact: These are not the only reasons I am not the coach. Other reasons include but are not limited to a lifetime ban in the American Beekeeper's Club.

That late 2nd period power play was beyond embarrassing. I'm surprised whoever was in the box for Chicago didn't wave off the door opening and say "Nah we're good, thanks." The only thing harder to watch was Harding getting pulled while the commentators said "MS Guy got pulled, possibly for having MS. He's had a tough MS-season, what with the MS and all. It looks like he's mad in there, but I wonder if that isn't just the MS ms-ing with him. I hope nobody in the stands catches it from him. MS MS MS."

geowild

Mostly Harmless
Jun 22, 2012
Western 'burbs
I think that I have never seen, a poem lovely as Brodin. ;)

Amazing that Backs coming in cold mid-period was about 3x as calm and poised as the night before. And Josh must have left his glove hand mojo out there for him, because Backs was snapping the glove with far more confidence than one usually sees from him.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I think that I have never seen, a poem lovely as Brodin. ;)

Amazing that Backs coming in cold mid-period was about 3x as calm and poised as the night before. And Josh must have left his glove hand out there for him, because Backs was snapping the glove with far more confidence than one usually sees from him.

Backs really looked like he had a glove in both hands. Left and right :D
No rebounds.

matt55014

Jan 31, 2013
Central MN
Gilbert, Brodin and Suter all impressed. Suter played how I've been expecting him to play. Gilbert played as well as I've been expecting Suter to play. The only thing disappointing about Brodin is that he makes me expect more from Granlund, which is unfair.

Granlund pretty well personified the team as a whole. He had some of his best shifts, he had some terrible shifts.

Was this Parise's worst game for the Wild? If so, I could still tolerate a season of it. Also, is anybody else starting to suspect he's actually a swarm of bees wearing a disguise?

Setoguchi is the poor man's Parise. I don't know if that means he's two-thirds the bees, or that they're unAfricanized or what. At any rate, he'll get his.

Pull Bouchard off the power play to even out the handedness? What's the point of putting someone else out there to take a shot that's no longer going to be set up?

I hate, hate pulling the goalie that early and after only two goals, but it was as much the correct I-wouldn't-do-it thing to do as picking Cullen for the shootout. Fun fact: These are not the only reasons I am not the coach. Other reasons include but are not limited to a lifetime ban in the American Beekeeper's Club.

That late 2nd period power play was beyond embarrassing. I'm surprised whoever was in the box for Chicago didn't wave off the door opening and say "Nah we're good, thanks." The only thing harder to watch was Harding getting pulled while the commentators said "MS Guy got pulled, possibly for having MS. He's had a tough MS-season, what with the MS and all. It looks like he's mad in there, but I wonder if that isn't just the MS ms-ing with him. I hope nobody in the stands catches it from him. MS MS MS."

Pretty much decided to register after a year of lurking to give you props on this post.:handclap:

I agree with what you said. Super funny.

Suter's best game of the year. Really looked comfortable out there. Wasn't afraid to take a few chances going into the Hawk's zone.

Brodin was really good. So calm. Just a treat to watch for a long-time Wild fan.

FBJ-Foot movement is his key. Definitally needs to bulk up.

I hope they can keep playing well.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Maybe I sound way too homer but I feel like last night convinced me we are finally making the playoffs this season. I honestly think we will continue to handle the Columbus types with wins and give it a hard battle and beat elite teams like Chicago in a 50/50 kind of way. We haven't even completely formed true chemistry yet either. I just feel like last night was huge. I honestly would have felt the same way had we lost in the OT/shoot out too. Last night said a lot to me. I really believe we are making the playoffs this season and it's already in the cards. Yes, we had a fast start last season but we didn't have what we have now going on with Brodin, Suter and Parise. I am very convinced already.

I also cringed every time Zach's name was pronounced, PariSAY. He changed it back to PariSEE. National announcer dudes worked my last nerve last night when they couldn't get it right, especially after hearing our Wild announcer saying his name!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I also cringed every time Zach's name was pronounced, PariSAY. He changed it back to PariSEE. National announcer dudes worked my last nerve last night when they couldn't get it right, especially after hearing our Wild announcer saying his name!

He never really changed it to PariSAY....he just didn't feel like correcting everyone. He was always PariSEE.

I never called his old man "Jeep" PariSAY, I call him JP PariSEE. When Zach was at NoDak, he was PariSEE...I never heard PariSAY until I heard Doc Emerick calling his games in NJ.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
His dad is Franco-Ontarian, and spelled it Parisé, which in French would be pronounced "pah-ree-ZAY."[sup]1[/sup] Since accents aren't really used on US names, Zach dropped the é, but the pronunciation hasn't really changed a lot, except the emphasis so it doesn't sound totally ridiculous in an English sentence. Thus, we arrive at the version he listed in the 2013 Wild Media Guide, which is "pah-REE-say."

[sup]1[/sup] I'm like 90% sure on this one but my French is awful. Fel, care to help?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
His dad is Franco-Ontarian, and spelled it Parisé, which in French would be pronounced "pah-ree-ZAY." Since accents aren't really used on US names, Zach dropped the é, but the pronunciation hasn't really changed a lot, except the emphasis so it doesn't sound totally ridiculous in an English sentence. Thus, we arrive at the version he listed in the 2013 Wild Media Guide, which is "pah-REE-say."

All that is true....In French-speaking Canada, they can call him what ever they like....but here, he is Par-EE-see, dammit!!!!! :yo:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
azzht.jpg

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

OK....I'll clear it up for you...Zach was on KFAN this past summer and when asked: "Is it Par-ee-SAY or Par-EE-see?"

He replied: "Par-EE-see".

It may be just us local yokels that called him that going back to his NoDak days, but that's what he's always preferred.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Huh, I never heard that. Do you have a link?

I just sort of figured the team would have asked him for his preference and put that in the media guide. IIRC, that's why Zidlicky's pronunciation kept changing–-because every time they asked him what to put in the media guide, he answered differently.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Huh, I never heard that. Do you have a link?

I just sort of figured the team would have asked him for his preference and put that in the media guide.

You might be able to dig up the Podcast on KFAN.com.....not sure if they go back that far.

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here that heard that interview. It was right after he signed..Don't recall if it was Paul Allen or Dan Barriero.

ford0016

Oct 22, 2010
Minneapolis
You might be able to dig up the Podcast on KFAN.com.....not sure if they go back that far.

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here that heard that interview...Don't recall if it was Paul Allen or Dan Barriero.

Yeah I definitely remember hearing that as well. The man said Par-ee-see himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad