Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Hawks in shootout!

Mumbler*

Post game threads are lame. Just use the GDT or GDT part 2.

Mumbler*

Adding to the lame thread... PMB passes were out of this world. Such sick skills.

Did I mention Brodin... Oh yeah I did in a thread that will have more than 2 posters. That kid is the future.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Cripes...since my post was on the last page right before the thread got closed, I'm pasting it here too. ;)

From listening to people around me, it sounded like they were expecting Gabby 2.0 with Granlund. Folks, just how high did you have the bar with him? And it's so black and white. "Since he's struggling as a rookie, he's automatically a bust and we should trade him." Seriously people?! Seriously? Good thing you aren't GM's.

They need a plan with this kid, but simmer the hell down. Move him to wing....move him down a line...if the first line goes cold, then let put him along side Mikko....send him down....there are many ways to work on a solution. You don't trade a kid like that just because he looks lost during the fist couple weeks of his career. Cripes! Not even months or a year into his career! He has a lot of learning to do. A lot of growing pains to go through. Lots of confidence to gain. Time to bring your expectations back down to earth and raise your level of patience. Not every top prospect is going to have an immediate, smooth transition into the NHL.

Now, thank goodness for secondary scoring, because they saved us from being shutout. I don't expect the top line to score every night, but they do need to apply some pressure. Fingers crossed that they were simply exhausted from playing a lot last night, because they were somewhat unrecognizable tonight.

Props to Backs for saving the day.

BTW, liked Gilbert tonight. And Brodin and Suter were made for each other.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
Jesus what got up your bum?

This is seriously the most ridiculous thing to complain about.

While we're at it, why isn't the Post Game Talk stickied? Is it less important than the GDT? :sarcasm:

NHL1964- My only complaint is he's dropping his stick quite frequently. I agree that he'll be fine, he just needs some time.

Mumbler*

Cripes...since my post was on the last page right before the thread got closed, I'm pasting it here too. ;)

From listening to people around me, it sounded like they were expecting Gabby 2.0 with Granlund. Folks, just how high did you have the bar with him? And it's so black and white. "Since he's struggling as a rookie, he's automatically a bust and we should trade him." Seriously people?! Seriously? Good thing you aren't GM's.

They need a plan with this kid, but simmer the hell down. Move him to wing....move him down a line...if the first line goes cold, then let put him along side Mikko....send him down....there are many ways to work on a solution. You don't trade a kid like that just because he looks lost during the fist couple weeks of his career. Cripes! Not even months or a year into his career! He has a lot of learning to do. A lot of growing pains to go through. Lots of confidence to gain. Time to bring your expectations back down to earth and raise your level of patience. Not every top prospect is going to have an immediate, smooth transition into the NHL.

Now, thank goodness for secondary scoring, because they saved us from being shutout. I don't expect the top line to score every night, but they do need to apply some pressure. Fingers crossed that they were simply exhausted from playing a lot last night, because they were somewhat unrecognizable tonight.

Props to Backs for saving the day.

BTW, liked Gilbert tonight. And Brodin and Suter were made for each other.

Dude, when he looks like the worst player on the ice he will get some grief... He watches hockey being played. It's irritating. Smaller ice, move your feet for the full minute your on the ice.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Post game threads are lame. Just use the GDT or GDT part 2.

Not at all. Easier to jump in w/o having to read 3 pages of Cullen!... Woooo Cullen... Cullen baby!...Cullen scores...attaboy Matt...Moorhead's own Cullen SCOOOORES...etc.

Love me some post-game thread.

Team looked good tonight - chemistry starting to come together.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
While we're at it, why isn't the Post Game Talk stickied? Is it less important than the GDT? :sarcasm:

NHL1964- My only complaint is he's dropping his stick quite frequently. I agree that he'll be fine, he just needs some time.

He's not used to the sheer amount of battles along the boards. Didn't happen in Finland, and didn't happen in the AHL...the only place he can adjust his game for it is on the ice in the NHL.

Mumbler*

He's not used to the sheer amount of battles along the boards. Didn't happen in Finland, and didn't happen in the AHL...the only place he can adjust his game for it is on the ice in the NHL.

Agreed.

/keeping the pgt alive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad