Post-Game Talk: Wild beat Hawks in shootout!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
While we're at it, why isn't the Post Game Talk stickied? Is it less important than the GDT? :sarcasm:

NHL1964- My only complaint is he's dropping his stick quite frequently. I agree that he'll be fine, he just needs some time.
Oh my gosh!!! :laugh: Absolutely agree. The people around me were having fun with that....it was hilarious. Everyone was thinking up ways to keep the stick in his hand. :biglaugh:

It was bad though. I don't know who it was, but somebody dropped a stick right towards the end of regulation. I immediately thought, "Okay, where's Granlund?!" But he was on the bench.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Still, not to bag on Harding but if not for that and Crawford keeping them in it, I think we'd have won this game pretty easily.

As long as they don't take a step back, they're looking good and putting it together.

If not for Backstrom, they would have won it pretty easily. They had waaaay better looks than we did all game. The fact we couldn't convert on a 5-on-3 is a rude awakening this team needs to stop putting all left handed shots out there!

Billy Mays Here*

Talking to my dad on the phone tonight he told me he got a chance to talk with Doc for a few short moments between the 2nd and 3rd period. According to him Doc:

Doesn't smile much at all when he's not on camera

Is a very serious person

Is very organized and is always looking at multiple monitors and asking his staff to get him a stat or a fact on a player, coach, etc.

Is even smaller than he thought he would be and extremely slender too

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dude, when he looks like the worst player on the ice he will get some grief... He watches hockey being played. It's irritating. Smaller ice, move your feet for the full minute your on the ice.
I didn't say that he didn't deserve some grief. He was most certainly horrible out there. I've criticized the kid. My comment was about people wanting to trade him or calling him a bust. People giving up on him already. Hitting the panic button. That's totally different from just recognizing that he's struggling.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
General observation over the past couple weeks or so:

Waaaaaaaaaaay too many control freaks on HF Wild. Maybe just a seasonal thing, but yikes. Becoming exhausting.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I didn't say that he didn't deserve some grief. He was most certainly horrible out there. I've criticized the kid. My comment was about people wanting to trade him or calling him a bust. People giving up on him already. Hitting the panic button. That's totally different from just recognizing that he's struggling.

Maybe he just needs Deer Spray :sarcasm:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Waaaaaaaaaaay too many control freaks on HF Wild. Maybe just a seasonal thing, but yikes. Becoming exhausting.
Cabin fever + the Minnesota Wild Rollercoaster + an abbreviated season = Hysteria

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

What do you expect dude :biglaugh: most people wanted to trade Mauer a season removed from his big signing because he wasn't hitting homeruns. This is a state where we have been so screwed over in professional sports in the last 20 years that whenever we have some semblance of hope for a championship run, we completely cough up wins and lose in the end. This team has been picked for playoffs by almost every analyst in the biz, and we finally have legit all-stars who actually matter....not just a shell of their former selves. At one point I think Gaborik and Rolston were the only "all star" players on the team that were actually playing. Closest we got to what we have now is when we got Demitra to play with Gaborik.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Gotta say it again, I was liking Gilbert out there tonight. We still need a defensman though who can knock down some bodies near the net. But we sure have guys on the blueline who are more willing to get involved offensively, while not #@$!ing up too bad in their own end.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
ViSe's takeways

- Cullen finally scored. But he still looked outmatched out there. He was forcing absolutely everything out there. Had some of the best opportunities to shoot out of everyone and looked for that extra pass.

-Parise is finding his way into my heart. I've never liked him that much, but he is getting there. So much hustle. Made one move I don't think I've ever seen from a Wild player. Put the puck around the defender and then went around the other side, but it was the way he did it.

-Suter played his first great game. I thought he looked freaking solid. Most of this is because of his great, new partner. He definitely picked up the man to man coverage better and cleared the crease a bit more.

-Brodin. Don't even get me started on this love fest. Still has room for improvement. Which is scary. Its like telling Lemmy to get better at guitar.

-Brodziak. I'm a little upset about his play. Hes had this disappearing act out there. Hes had better players on the third line and I thought he'd step-up this year, but he has been rather invisible. Even his physical game is kind of disappearing.

-Clutterbuck is seeing improvements in his playmaking abilities. Mostly in breaking out of the zone. He had a few nice passes to Bouchard to break it out that I liked. Great 3rd liner.

-Stoner. Bad. Missplays bodies, took a bad penalty, and seems to not be able find his niche.

-Harding's first goal given up was a tough one. The second one was all him. I never like the early hook, but it was the right decision. Hopefully, he'll bounce back.

-Backstrom rocked it. Its hard to come into the game cold. Nothing is tougher then coming into a game you didn't expect to play in. Might have helped get rid of jitters and what-not. He doesn't slide, like at all. His lateral movement is mediocre and slow. Can't get up fast. I'm still convinced its a hip issue. Big rebounds. Defense cleared out the crease well. Still a great game. Solid positionally, an underrated skill.

-Bouchard played a great game. He penetrated the inside more than any other game. Hes taking the reigns when entering the zone. No dump and chase for Bouchard. Dang right. Great passing.

-Konopka is an underrated agitator. I thought he'd just be a tough guy, but he really gets in his opponents head. It was nice to see.

-Granlund played his best game, I thought. Its not saying much, he is getting pushed around out there. Has trouble holding on to his stick. Something weird to see. Hopefully he takes this opportunity to learn and come under the wing of Bouchard.

-I can't even tell Scandella played tonight. Which is a good thing for a defenseman. Seriously, I don't remember at all.

-Heatley is starting to piss me off. You want to change, I get it. But everyone on the ice is tired. Don't just get passed the blueline and shove it off to the Hawks defender. You've given up goals doing this already this season. You're lucky Backs bailed you out of one tonight. Where did some of these playmaking skills go? They're missing this year a bit.

-Koivu seems to be getting the Parise magic. He's always been a great 2-way player, but if he was giving 100% in previous years then he is giving 110% now. He is getting that Parise hustle in him.

tldr; **** off, read it.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Don't worry, everyone will chill out. We're all still sort of adjusting to this whole "cheering for a team with actual expectations" thing.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't like expectations!
"I don't either."

risebrough_Doug.jpg

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
You mean playing pretty well, and hard? The only thing I have with either of those two is Heatley's breakout game.

I think Heatley's been somewhat lazy lately and a bit slow also in his decision making. And I see Seto playing as a 3rd line grinder with no grind. Obvious exaggerations both cases, but so is every other analysis here.

Tbh I like the team effort and the way they are approaching the shortened season. I see a lot of good things cooking.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Talking to my dad on the phone tonight he told me he got a chance to talk with Doc for a few short moments between the 2nd and 3rd period. According to him Doc:

Doesn't smile much at all when he's not on camera

Is a very serious person

Is very organized and is always looking at multiple monitors and asking his staff to get him a stat or a fact on a player, coach, etc.

Is even smaller than he thought he would be and extremely slender too
I can kind of see that. Doc seems like someone who would have be organized and have an insane work ethic.

"Brodin has the pose of a player a decade older"

zoolander.jpg
:sarcasm:
He calls it "Bacon."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad