GDT: Wild @ Avalanche - 4/27/13 - 6:30PM CDT - FSN, FS-WI, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
So because the Jackets had a good second half, they're suppose to be in? I didn't realize that the last couple of months is a reason to bypass teams and make them more deserving. When did they change the rules? Even when we went on that win streak, it shouldn't matter because the Jackets "deserved" it more, eh? And I can recall some games in the last month where the only thing keeping the Jackets from losing was their goalie.

Don't get me wrong. The Jackets have been playing better than the Wild, and Minny choked a lot this week. But in the end, everybody played the same number of times, and they fell short. We've been there before.

^ This.

I also find it funny that others say Columbus got screwed over the kick in. Oh yes, the Wild haven't gotten screwed on calls in other games. lol People just basing things on tonight are absolutely ridiculous. Columbus didn't deserve to get in more than us. Their slow start caused them to miss the playoffs. I don't have time for people who cannot make any sense. I have to stay away from the main board.

10dynasty38*

I hate beards hate them! But I will do it just for the playoffs! Hopefully it get's to be like a ZZ Top beard by June!

I suspect the playoff beards will not get long this year for the Wild. We play Chicago for christ sake. Am I the only on here not taking crazy pills?

A well shaven Yeo less team will take the ice next year and the Staney Cup will be on the agenda

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I suspect the playoff beards will not get long this year for the Wild. We play Chicago for christ sake. Am I the only on here not taking crazy pills?

A well shaven Yeo less team will take the ice next year and the Staney Cup will be on the agenda

WE ALL GET IT you can stop saying the world is over because we made the playoffs now.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Big Lebowski play off theme...

Ohhhhh that's brilliant!

Frame one:

Wild player with some kind of derogatory statement that people are using as a boilerplate stamped over it

Frame two:

The dude "Yeah well that's just your opinion, man"

Frame three:

Wild trollface logo with "2013 Stanley Cup TrollOffs" stamped around it

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey

That is why I said hopefully....... You know it is the things fans do when their team is in the playoffs.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Ohhhhh that's brilliant!

Frame one:

Wild player with some kind of derogatory statement that people are using as a boilerplate stamped over it

Frame two:

Frame three:

Love it!

10dynasty38*

Funny. Lets all go through next week toghether. It will be healthy. We Will all get a dose of good hard nosed hockey. After the excitment of tonights playoff berth wears off the hard reality of the Blackhawks will soon bring you down. So be it. I only like talking to the veterans of this **** anyway, not the punks.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Funny. Lets all go through next week toghether. It will be healthy. We Will all get a dose of good hard nosed hockey. After the excitment of tonights playoff berth wears off the hard reality of the Blackhawks will soon bring you down. So be it. I only like talking to the veterans of this **** anyway, not the punks.
I'm counting on it! It could get ugly. But what do you want me to do? Be upset at winning this game tonight?

Not EVERY fan is thinking this is gonna be easy or pretty.

10dynasty38*

I am certain the Vets would agree. Vets to name a few would be maybe Muck and Talon. The Wild do not stand a chance against Chicago. This playoff berth is a short lived euphoria.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Ohhhhh that's brilliant!

Frame one:

Frame two:

Frame three:

Drop the trollface and it's not a bad idea, even though I still would never sport any kind of playoff avatar or anything like that (e.g. the Church of Yeo). I just feel like the trollface would come of as a direct insult to Blue Jacket fans.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I am certain the Vets would agree. Vets to name a few would be maybe Muck and Talon. The Wild do not stand a chance against Chicago. This playoff berth is a short lived euphoria.
So you're gonna put a couple of people you're familiar with in one boat, while putting everyone else in the other?

How many times do I need to tell you that not everyone thinks the Wild will beat the Hawks? Cripes, look at some of the predictions on the main board from Wild fans. I sure as hell ain't predicting a series win.

I can tell you that TaLoN will be happy with this playoff birth. He was one of the few who was guaranteeing a playoff spot to begin with.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey

So just because I and others are excited that the team we cheer for made the playoffs and we are happy about it make me and others a punk? Just because we aren't ****ing on this team and proclaiming this is the worst moment in this franchise history makes us punks?

10dynasty38*

Same with Avder. I love his posts. Bacically him and I have the same opionion on the team. Only a few minor differences.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
You know this is absolutely true. We can NOT let Hawks fans get even close to their usual representation at the X.

IMO, depends on Game 1 & 2. If they win the first two, I guarantee you people jettison tickets just like they do for Vikings games which makes me embarrassed for my state and its teams.

I won't, but a ton will. A split, and people will be there.

10dynasty38*

Listen, All I am saying is Chicago is a well put together hockey team. They are not more talented than the Wild they are just better coached. They have toughness, they have grit. They have heart and team unity.The Wild have a lot of talent. Probably even more talent than Chicago. If you know anything about sports at all it doesent matter how much talent you have. if your players dont care for one and other you will not do squat. The Wild will not do squat.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Listen, All I am saying is Chicago is a well put together hockey team. They are not more talented than the Wild they are just better coached. They have toughness, they have grit. They have heart and team unity.The Wild have a lot of talent. Probably even more talent than Chicago. If you know anything about sports at all it doesent matter how much talent you have. if your players dont care for one and other you will not do squat. The Wild will not do squat.
And I don't think you're going to find many here who would disagree with that. In fact, I believe the Hawks have more talent to be honest.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

We all know how good Chicago is as a team. They lost what, 6 times all dang year?

But remember that we were the first team to put a ding into their perfect record. We also tend to play very hard against them. And history has shown that in the NHL, more than any other sport, upsets are possible and happen on a regular basis.

Yeah in all likelihood we get knocked off in four. I'm going to enjoy it. I would have enjoyed getting bounced in 4 last year, or the year before that, or the year before that too.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We all know how good Chicago is as a team. They lost what, 6 times all dang year?

But remember that we were the first team to put a ding into their perfect record. We also tend to play very hard against them. And history has shown that in the NHL, more than any other sport, upsets are possible and happen on a regular basis.

Yeah in all likelihood we get knocked off in four. I'm going to enjoy it. I would have enjoyed getting bounced in 4 last year, or the year before that, or the year before that too.
Does this mean no rants from you during the series? ;)

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011

We all understand that the odds are well beyond just being against us. But to curl up into a ball and cry because of a hockey team's street cred and call others "punks" because they don't want to? C'mon...

10dynasty38*

Avder, !0 years ago I had the same optimism as you. Now i see things realistically. The Wild are outmatched. They cannot beat Chicago period. There is no hope. That is just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad