GDT: Wild @ Avalanche - 4/27/13 - 6:30PM CDT - FSN, FS-WI, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Listen, All I am saying is Chicago is a well put together hockey team. They are not more talented than the Wild they are just better coached. They have toughness, they have grit. They have heart and team unity.The Wild have a lot of talent. Probably even more talent than Chicago. If you know anything about sports at all it doesent matter how much talent you have. if your players dont care for one and other you will not do squat. The Wild will not do squat.

A lot of your points are true and most will agree with you. The Blackhawks are a Hell of a team and the should and most likely roll right through us. Most people agree that the Wild have no chance. But what would you have us do? I am going to cheer for my team and have hope no matter the odds.

Oh and I highly doubt the players don't care for one another.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Avder, !0 years ago I had the same optimism as you. Now i see things realistically. The Wild are outmatched. They cannot beat Chicago period. There is no hope. That is just how it is.

We are outmatched by a huge margin. We were outmatched in 2003 as well, and we went to the conference finals by coming back from a 3-1 series deficit not once but TWICE.

This is the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS. This is where impossible odds go TO DIE.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Miracle is on a movie channel right now. Just starting. The Wild should watch the movie before the playoffs start. lol Not saying we don't have a chance, but it's going to be tough. But I welcome the challenge.

We are in. This feels good. :D

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
We are outmatched by a huge margin. We were outmatched in 2003 as well, and we went to the conference finals by coming back from a 3-1 series deficit not once but TWICE.

This is the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS. This is where impossible odds go TO DIE.

Man that sounds like the scene from Braveheart! There you go a Braveheart avatar theme.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Okay guys and girls. I fell asleep. I tried to stay awake and watch the game but working for I don't really know how many days in a row took its toll.

Needless to say we made it. We freaking made it. My expectations are met for this season and we made the playoffs. It's a brand new season now. Everyone should drop their preassumptions and expectations and just watch the playoffs. We are in the ****ing playoffs. PLAYOFFS.

This will be a prelude to something greater. I know I was extremely sold down after yesterdays extremely painful loss to Edmonton, but that's just life as an average sports fan. One day you hate everything, one day you feel like your team will win it all. But under there, you are a fan of something. If you are thinking about how the Wild will look bad when they lose 4-0 against Chicago, forget about it. Forget about the stupid stuff you are thinking and enjoy that we are in the playoffs for the first time in a looooong time. We didn't go 48-0 + 16-0 sweep to Stanley Cup. That's too bad. I love my team too so much that I would want nothing but the best for them. That is something that is under there for all of you. We all want short term AND long term for success.

I'm not trying to say you can't be critical. I'm trying to say that we all want the same thing. United we stand against the enemy, in the playoffs of 2013. Watch every game, go to the X if you can. Go to Chicago if you can. And sport your damn jerseys.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Okay guys and girls. I fell asleep. I tried to stay awake and watch the game but working for I don't really know how many days in a row took its toll.

What the hell?! All you've preached for the last 2 days is "Just finish the game" and YOU of all people fell asleep?! :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't want him to leave, I just think he needs to ease off a bit on the world-is-ending outlook if we get swept in four games.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I don't want him to leave, I just think he needs to ease off a bit on the world-is-ending outlook if we get swept in four games.

I don't particularly care either way. Like I said, he should stop being annoying or cease to post.
I think his posts better suit the "Official" Wild board.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
What the hell?! All you've preached for the last 2 days is "Just finish the game" and YOU of all people fell asleep?! :laugh:

I know. I'm so damn ashamed of this. I did work for 10 hours this saturday too, and had only 5 hours of sleep the night before. Game started 2:30 AM Finnish time and I fell asleep at my desk somewhere around 1 AM. :(

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Deep breath people. Separate and go to your corners! Man who would have thought the Wild making the playoffs would lead to such hostilities...

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

Needless to say we made it. We freaking made it. My expectations are met for this season and we made the playoffs. It's a brand new season now. Everyone should drop their preassumptions and expectations and just watch the playoffs. We are in the ****ing playoffs. PLAYOFFS.

This will be a prelude to something greater. I know I was extremely sold down after yesterdays extremely painful loss to Edmonton, but that's just life as an average sports fan. One day you hate everything, one day you feel like your team will win it all. But under there, you are a fan of something. If you are thinking about how the Wild will look bad when they lose 4-0 against Chicago, forget about it. Forget about the stupid stuff you are thinking and enjoy that we are in the playoffs for the first time in a looooong time. We didn't go 48-0 + 16-0 sweep to Stanley Cup. That's too bad. I love my team too so much that I would want nothing but the best for them. That is something that is under there for all of you. We all want short term AND long term for success.

I'm not trying to say you can't be critical. I'm trying to say that we all want the same thing. United we stand against the enemy, in the playoffs of 2013. Watch every game, go to the X if you can. Go to Chicago if you can. And sport your damn jerseys.

Excellent thoughts. I so agree about expectations being met. Baby steps... this year was all about getting into the playoffs. It happened. Step in the right direction. Now, everyone starts from scratch and anything can happen. I also love that we are playing Chicago because we have to get used to seeing them a lot next year anyway, being in the same division. I like being in the underdog role, too. You play stress-free as possible, you roll the dice and see what happens. :handclap:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
All I know is I'm super tempted to go to the predators/devils boards and ask them how the playoffs without their stars feel

Edit- :sarcasm:

Jeez you guys have bad sarcasm indicators.

I was more making light of the fact of the attitudes of those two boards when we signed them and them saying how much they sucked.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
All I know is I'm super tempted to go to the predators/devils boards and ask them how the playoffs without their stars feel

I'm super tempted to go into the CBJ board on day one of playoffs and make a GDT titled: "GDT: CBJ vs. 12mph winds on the golf course"

Obviously I won't do it

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I want to go to the Dallas board and make a thread saying "**** you for taking the North Stars"
Am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad