Sportsnet: Why Kypreos believes Maple Leafs should trade Mitch Marner

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Marner is already untradable.

The Leafs scouting has picked up Zaitsev and now Borgman and Rosen for free. We just drafted Lilligren. Our window is HUGE as our core is only 20 years old.

And if you want look at Kanes stats early on...he didnt become a phenom until he was what? 24, 25? We got loads of time to watch Marner progress. Lou knows it and Babs knows it.

You mean forward core?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Marner is already untradable.

The Leafs scouting has picked up Zaitsev and now Borgman and Rosen for free. We just drafted Lilligren. Our window is HUGE as our core is only 20 years old.

And if you want look at Kanes stats early on...he didnt become a phenom until he was what? 24, 25? We got loads of time to watch Marner progress. Lou knows it and Babs knows it.
Marner is not untradeable. Let's not get carried away.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol Marner for Nurse.

We learned from the Hall for Larsson deal, we aren't trying to replicate it.

Edmonton still hasn't improved defensively with that trade.

Reactions: Menzinger

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That segment was terrible from top to bottom.

What Kypreos is saying is completely ridiculous. Hyman is on the first line, because he has a role on the team and that role is to forecheck and make space for Matthews and Nylander - which he does. Then he talk about how it's bad that they have Marner with Bozak and JVR when in fact that should be a very good line that allows the offense to be spread out and allows the Leafs to roll 4 lines that can score. Reality is the Leafs have a ton of depth ... One way or the other a very very good player will end up on the 3rd or 4rth line. Just like JVR is not a 3rd liner.

I'd also add that in today's NHL it isn't much about "lines". Some teams that have a lot of depth play they top 3 lines almost the same amount of minutes every night.

You look at Ottawa, they have Mike Hoffman on the 3rd line with Pageau. Will the Sens trade Hoffman? Absolutely not, he was their most productive forward last year while playing ths majotity of the time on that 3rd line. It's just that you want to spread the offense.

You put all your big guns on 2 lines it's much easier to match up againt compared to when you have Marner on a line where he might get an easier matchup and create problems for the other team.

Feb 24, 2017
Uhhh no. No it would not. Tanev is injured way too often.
This is exactly what I wanna hear. My own team being crap for years will be made easier by watching v-feet leafs fans crash down to earth over and over again after defensive issues eliminate them.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Hilarious that Leafs passed on 3 potential #1/2D's to get Marner.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I’m sure that is what it is now, after your laughable comparison got called out.

Was that a “call out”? Lol i never noticed.

I think whats more laughable is how sensative people got on the subject of comparing kane to marner...

Any further post on the subject and i may have gotten a full blown temper tantrum!

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Was that a “call out”? Lol i never noticed.

I think whats more laughable is how sensative people got on the subject of comparing kane to marner...

Any further post on the subject and i may have gotten a full blown temper tantrum!

Which Kane?

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Is this a parody video? Jesus they're so serious they may as well be talking about the Israeli/Palestine problem. "The 3rd line. The 3RD LINE! With Bozak and JvR!" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Who watches this?
Kypreos has brain damage, that's not up for debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad