Sportsnet: Why Kypreos believes Maple Leafs should trade Mitch Marner

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Who would they try to trade him for? I know he was a popular name in the OEL proposals, but other than that idk.

Also, that got weirdly heated lmao. The disgust in that man's voice when he said "3rd line" "Bozak and JVR" was really funny lol.

Reactions: RABBIT

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Good luck. Standard sophomore slump, nothing to see here. Same clowns wanted Nylander traded last year. Player development is a thing now in 2017
You would think people would have learned from Nylanders situation which happened just last year LOL.

Guess not.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good luck. Standard sophomore slump, nothing to see here. Same clowns wanted Nylander traded last year. Player development is a thing now in 2017

Yeah if the Leafs are dumb enough to believe what Kypreos said here, there's going to be 30 teams lined up to take that off your hands. You don't give up on a 20 year old in his second year because he's inconsistent. That and with guys like JVR, Bozak, and Moore all up at the end of the year, there's going to be a spot for him whether it's in the middle or on the other wing if not RW.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This is going to be funny.

Guessing there is a bet on about how much hate mail Kypreos can generate.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
OEL makes the most sense. If they don't want to add there's always one of Hanifin/Pesce, Tanev, and Ekholm.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I doubt that Marner's value is low, right now. It's not as high as last season, but I'd wager that it's still pretty high.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
His argument is nonsensical in that he mentions Hyman/Bozak ahead of Marner but it's possible Leafs will trade Marner to get something else. A good defenseman or perhaps a more well rounded winger.

Talk radio is hot takes.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Ya, sure there is no room in the Leafs top 9 for a young star like Marner because guys like Hyman and Komarov will have precedence? There will be at least three open spots in the top 9 by July of 2018.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Did he even have a cogent point other than "hurr durr 4th line"? I was unable to ascertain an actual reason for trading him in that video other than apparently the coach values him 5th most out of forwards.

I wish they would trade him, but I can't see it happening. Toronto area boy with big talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad