Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don't see any issue with Kadri's play vs past years. He's on pace for 20ish goals and 50ish points. That's right where I'd expect, especially with JT and Matthews getting the majority of the ice time. At his cap hit, in a 3C role he still has great value to the team. He also has more posts and near misses than maybe any other player in the league. If he buries even a third of those he's closer to the 30g-30a player he's been in recent years. As long as he plays with an edge and chips in offensively from time to time like he has been, I can't see any issue with his performance

Honestly other than a trade for a top 4 D, I doubt he's going anywhere. I would be very surprised if he's signed though, we'll have cheaper options and he'll be over 30.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
man go check out the stats section on any hockey site, look at the scoring these days...putting up 50 points is literally nothing this year, especially when hes on such a dangerous PP

kadri's 5 on 5 play is really worrisome, hes so inconsistent even strength, and in the playoffs we gonna need 3 lines clicking if we wanna advance pass some very very talented teams

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kadri is fine. He has had some bad puck luck otherwise he'd be on his usual 30 goal pace. And he still might because he scores in streaks. He plays a 200 ft game and gives us best 3rd line centre I can ever remember us having ever.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri after 41 games.

2017/18 - 24 points
2018/19 - 25 points

Faceoffs

2017/18 - 50%
2018/19 - 52.4%

CF/ CF Rel. FF, FF Rel

2017/18 49.1%, -1.6% 47.7%. -1.7%
2018/19 53.6%, 4.1%, 51.2%, 2.8%

Yeah. He slumped last year around this time for 20+ games.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Of late I've been noticing Kadri's skating being a bit off. The acceleration isn't great and shiftiness isn't there either. Groin/hip/leg issue he's trying to play through?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He also has more posts and near misses than maybe any other player in the league. If he buries even a third of those he's closer to the 30g-30a player he's been in recent years. As long as he plays with an edge and chips in offensively from time to time like he has been, I can't see any issue with his performance

Kadri has 61 missed shots. By comparison Ovechkin has 90.

Gaudreau and Kane have hit the most posts (8). Kadri has (4)

Saad and Seguin have hit the most cross bars (5). Kadri has (3).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Kadri after 41 games.

2017/18 - 24 points
2018/19 - 25 points

Faceoffs

2017/18 - 50%
2018/19 - 52.4%

CF/ CF Rel. FF, FF Rel

2017/18 49.1%, -1.6% 47.7%. -1.7%
2018/19 53.6%, 4.1%, 51.2%, 2.8%
those point totals aren't really that great. He's playing easier minutes, Komarov has been upgraded to Kapanen on his line, he's getting PP time with our best players, and scoring is up a lot this year. His offensive game is not where it should be

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Kadri is great for our centre depth and he’s on a great contract. He’ll likely finish with 50 ish points this season which I’d say is about right for a player who is considered our 3rd line centre.

Nothing is wrong, that’s why nobody is talking about him. We can’t expect everyone on this team to be a Marner/Tavares/Matthews.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
those point totals aren't really that great. He's playing easier minutes, Komarov has been upgraded to Kapanen on his line, he's getting PP time with our best players, and scoring is up a lot this year. His offensive game is not where it should be

It's true, the point totals are pretty pedestrian. He's hit a lot of posts though so with a bit of luck they'd be better but his entire season has been a bit meh. I really think the fact that he's no longer in the match up role has had an effect on him but who knows. I hope that's it though because if it is and it's just a psychological thing, then he'll be just fine when the playoff begin and that's all that really matters.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kadri is great for our centre depth and he’s on a great contract. He’ll likely finish with 50 ish points this season which I’d say is about right for a player who is considered our 3rd line centre.

Nothing is wrong, that’s why nobody is talking about him. We can’t expect everyone on this team to be a Marner/Tavares/Matthews.
Yeah, only Kadri can hit them there goal posts, and crossbars, from anywhere on the ice! ;)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Ya, about that... 19 of Kadri's 55 points last year were on the PP... He played with Marner, JvR, Bozak as the forwards.

He is producing less on the PP this year, as it's primarily the Marner, Tavares, Matthews show when he's on the ice, and he mostly just pulls the D away from the net by playing slot.

As is, he only spent 45% of his time last year with Komarov even strength, Having Marner on his line last year for an equal amount of time... Marner was the key to get him going last year, in case people forget.

Meanwhile, he's only played with Kapanen about 30% of the time this year, Lindholm and Nylander the rest of the time... and Nylander isn't doing much yet. Most of the time with Marleau who has slowed down offensively this year, and is likely dragging Kadri.

5v5, he is ahead of last seasons pace, better in the dot, and way better possession... as clearly the 3rd line C...

I suggested at the start of the year, that his scoring would be down, as he moved down the lineup... but, it's actually up...

But, some people want to find a way to criticize the guy anyway... it's kind of funny really.

Last edited:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Not sure where you got those numbers. Kadri has 6 posts according to NHL.com. His combined 9 posts and crossbars is 2nd behind Seguin and tied with Gaudreau and Saad.

Reactions: Incetardis

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Because you are damned if you praise him and damned if you don't. It tends to be very repetitive.

It's a little better this season but I don't blame people for not mentioning Kadri, it's just not worth getting into an argument sometimes.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018

I have seen Kadri hit 4 posts in a game. Let alone the season. This number has to be way low.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yeah, only Kadri can hit them there goal posts, and crossbars, from anywhere on the ice! ;)

Reminds me of my son who played in a Soccer Academy. When he was about 8, they were working on striking.

His accuracy wasn't exactly "on" that day but when training was over, he came to the car all excited.

I asked, "how'd you do buddy?"

"Great Dad. I was hitting everything!"

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I hit a car in the parking lot, a trash can and one of the lights."

It's all perspective baby.

Reactions: Al14

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Ya, about that... 19 of Kadri's 55 points last year were on the PP... He played with Marner, JvR, Bozak as the forwards.

He is producing less on the PP this year, as it's primarily the Marner, Tavares, Matthews show when he's on the ice, and he mostly just pulls the D away from the net by playing slot.

As is, he only spent 45% of his time last year with Komarov even strength, Having Marner on his line last year for an equal amount of time... Marner was the key to get him going last year, in case people forget.

Meanwhile, he's only played with Kapanen about 30% of the time this year, Lindholm and Nylander the rest of the time... and Nylander isn't doing much yet. Most of the time with Marleau who has slowed down offensively this year, and is likely dragging Kadri.

5v5, he is ahead of last seasons pace, better in the dot, and way better possession... as clearly the 3rd line C...

I suggested at the start of the year, that his scoring would be down, as he moved down the lineup... but, it's actually up...

But, some people want to find a way to criticize the guy anyway... it's kind of funny really.

Only cause he's not scoring goals lol. I mean it would be nice for him to get some more since he seems to miss the net alot or hit the post. But he's a good depth center.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I would rather trade Kadri over Sandin / Liljegren
That is great. So we have Par Lindholm who can fill his spot I guess. He is a UFA next year so I bet you are up at least $1MM there. Removing Kadri will save 4.5MM for a net proceed of 3.5MM. You have 3,5MM to upgrade your defense in a magnitude that will offset your downgrade of the third line center position.
Awaiting your trade proposals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad