Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadir's looked a little off over all this season but not too bad, it's hard when his line mates keep changing. I also think that not being used to match up against top lines any more may be a huge factor. He's such an emotional guy and that was such an important role, I think that's been a really hard adjustment for him that he hasn't fully made yet. He's still playing pretty well, he just isn't over-performing his contract by a couple million like he's done for the past couple of years. I'm confident that we'll see Kadri at his best when the playoffs start and that's what really matters, we'll see.

And our PP sucks lately which is ridiculous considering the talent we have. Our coaching staff needs to get on that, period.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I would slot him down and move Johnsson up in Kadri's place.

For the 2nd PP unit I would move Nylander to the left wall for a one timer and also making plays; kadri on the right wall to make plays

our 2nd unit looks more dangerous compared to the 1st unit because plays and shots come from both sides compared to the predictive plays on 1st PP unit

Right! Now he barely touches the puck anyway.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Kadir's looked a little off over all this season but not too bad, it's hard when his line mates keep changing. I also think that not being used to match up against top lines any more may be a huge factor. He's such an emotional guy and that was such an important role, I think that's been a really hard adjustment for him that he hasn't fully made yet. He's still playing pretty well, he just isn't over-performing his contract by a couple million like he's done for the past couple of years. I'm confident that we'll see Kadri at his best when the playoffs start and that's what really matters, we'll see.

And our PP sucks lately which is ridiculous considering the talent we have. Our coaching staff needs to get on that, period.

I'm not sure if you are saying that in jest or if you are serious...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Talking heads in the media are suggesting replacing Kadri with Nylander on the #1PP unit since its stale and under-performing expectations.

Reactions: Pookie

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Talking heads in the media are suggesting replacing Kadri with Nylander on the #1PP unit since its stale and under-performing expectations.
It isn't only the media who suggests kickstarting one of the scariest powerplays by putting a player in a slump on it. Would a failure mean it is Nylander's fault? Probably not. It would however be interesting to see who people blame now that Kadri, Hyman, Marleau can't be their kicking boys and blamed for Willy's performance if he fails to be effective.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
where would he play? Matthews spot and he moves to Kadri's spot?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I do wonder if he could become trade fodder at some point. Teams know he would return to form, if given his 2nd line role.

Kadri + Liljgren + Bracco + 1st
For
Pesce/Hamilton + Ferland

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Some of us have been suggesting that even when the PP was hot and over-performing.

Because Nylander is better than Kadri.
With Nylander getting paid almost twice as much he is expected to be a better player than Kadri. The question is what has he done to to show he is a better player?

Reactions: Confucius

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
With Nylander getting paid almost twice as much he is expected to be a better player than Kadri. The question is what has he done to to show he is a better player?

Apart from match Kadri's career point highs in his first full season of play and following it up the second year by doing it again?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Kadri is fine. He's always been streaky.

Still on pace for 18 goals(could easily hit 20) and 50 points and is usually tenacious out there. What more do you want from a 3C?
I think the back to back 32 goal seasons has raised the expectations a bit too high for Kadri. 32 goals are likely a high water mark for him, needing a bit of luck and strong pp production to get there.

The reality is, given his role and usage on this team, 20-25 goals and 40-50 points is a good season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not surprised at the dip in production. He's been pretty unlucky in terms of scoring on his chances though.

Either way, he'll get back on track at some point in 2019 I think. It's pretty normal for a player to go through a tough stretch after 2 damn good seasons.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

Teams learned if you hit Kadri he turns the heat up

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Thoughts on putting Johnsson and Kap on a line with Kadri? Might ignite the third line, and we all know Matthews/Tavares line can carry who ever we put on the left wing (presumably marleau and hyman). Maybe slightly reduce the scoring of the first 2 lines but really help the third line?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Advanced stats say so. They also say that the Hurricanes are good.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Thoughts on putting Johnsson and Kap on a line with Kadri? Might ignite the third line, and we all know Matthews/Tavares line can carry who ever we put on the left wing (presumably marleau and hyman). Maybe slightly reduce the scoring of the first 2 lines but really help the third line?
Another possibility is re-uniting Kadri with Marleau and Marner....Then Matthews with Johnsson and Kap...leaving Tavares with Nylander and Hyman...Give us more balance and we know Marner can help maximize Kadri's and Marleau's production...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->