Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
That's a pretty extreme case of rounding there, @diceman934.

Also looks like Matthews/Marner will sign shorter term deals at lower cap hits, so events have changed since that point was made.

I'll just reiterate that we'll trade smaller pieces before looking to Kadri as the solution for our cap issues.

Let's remember that it's a one-year problem. Dubas isn't going to make a rash decision based on that. Next year will be tight, then we'll breathe.
When posting my name in your post it is a common courtesy to include the post that you are commenting about.

Rounding what?

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
When posting my name in your post it is a common courtesy to include the post that you are commenting about.

Rounding what?

Pookie quoted you in the post above me, from last year apparently. Seems you made reference to paying Kadri $5m when it's actually $4.5m (and although those numbers look close, $500k is a big deal when it comes to next year).

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Pookie quoted you in the post above me, from last year apparently. Seems you made reference to paying Kadri $5m when it's actually $4.5m (and although those numbers look close, $500k is a big deal when it comes to next year).

Close... in fairness to Dicey, he made reference to paying A 3C that kind of money.

I don't think he assumed Kadri would be the actual 3C... otherwise of course, he wouldn't have said it ;)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Lol. Pookie is good at attempting to put words into people’s mouth that they never said and changing words and content to support his agenda.

Hence why he is my only poster in my list.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Funny how Pookie's blockers still seem to follow everything he posts, weird.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
My apologies @diceman934, looks like Pookie misrepresented what you wrote and forgot to provide adequate context. I guess I should have expected nothing less. Sorry about that.

What’s missing? The direct quote? Linked?

The $5M on a 3C?

Kadri is a 3C no?

I mean I get he would prefer Kadri isn’t the 3C and NEVER would have posted that we couldn’t afford that much for that position had he known he would eventually be talking about Kadri.

But he did.

So where’s the factual inaccuracy?

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Well, the flat earth society generally prefers to talk amongst themselves.

But sometimes they monitor the real world to see what’s being said.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I do not follow what he writes hence why he is blocked. A poster called me out on something Pookie said. I have no idea of what it was as clearly seen in this thread. So stop and read before posting nonsense.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Lol. Pookie is good at attempting to put words into people’s mouth that they never said and changing words and content to support his agenda.

Hence why he is my only poster in my list.

You did say we couldn’t afford to pay a third line center that kind of money. While you were referring to Bozak, Kadri is now a third line center making the kind of money you said we couldn’t afford and that was before we signed Tavares.

Yeah he was clearly setting you up and obfuscating your intentions but those were your words.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I do not follow what he writes hence why he is blocked. A poster called me out on something Pookie said. I have no idea of what it was as clearly seen in this thread. So stop and read before posting nonsense.
I'm at the point of blocking his supporters too. Has already begun.

Reactions: diceman934

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You did say we couldn’t afford to pay a third line center that kind of money. While you were referring to Bozak, Kadri is now a third line center making the kind of money you said we couldn’t afford and that was before we signed Tavares.

Yeah he was clearly setting you up and obfuscating your intentions but those were your words.
What the hell are you talking about.

You my friend again like your leader are talking words that I wrote out of the context in which they were written. Talking about paying Bozak 5 m to play center and Kadri at 4.5 is a huge difference as one is a 30 goal scorer and the other is not.

Context is your friend.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

This is the point.

If we can’t afford to pay a 3C that kind of money, we can’t afford to pay a 3C that kind of money.

FYI his post was in response to a poster saying we should sign Backlund. He didn’t feel we could afford Backlund at that price for a 3C.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

You my friend again like your leader are talking words that I wrote out of the context in which they were written. Talking about paying Bozak 5 m to play center and Kadri at 4.5 is a huge difference as one is a 30 goal scorer and the other is not.

Context is your friend.

Like my leader? Jesus man get over yourself it's a hockey message board.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Context is your friend.

Except you didn’t.

You were responding to a poster who said we should sign Backlund. You didn’t want to pay Backlund $5M for a 3C role.

Backlund has 29 Points this season and is +27. Kadri’s production is the same, well except for the Minuses

You were fine with paying Bozak less as your main point was about the dollars for the 3C role.

Production for either Backlund or Kadri did not factor into your proclamation

Context and accuracy are your friends.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Except you didn’t.

You were responding to a poster who said we should sign Backlund. You didn’t want to pay Backlund $5M for a 3C role.

Backlund has 29 Points this season and is +27. Kadri’s production is the same, well except for the Minuses

You were fine with paying Bozak less as your main point was about the dollars for the 3C role.

Production for either Backlund or Kadri did not factor into your proclamation

Context and accuracy are your friends.

What is wrong with you? You haven't traded Kari yet!?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You're talking to a guy who thinks anyone who disagrees with him is one guy who has multiple accounts.

He’s also on record as saying “I know you are negative so I discount anything positive you say” so I consider it a positive to not get direct responses ... or PMs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad