Why is Marleau getting so much ice time let alone any?!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think Babs was thinking Marleau would find the fountain of youth in playoffs. But truth is he played a decent first game and then has been a total flop since. The guy needs a few days off then play a game and then a few days off then play a game. It is really the only way for him to help out. He is trying but father time has no mercy. And with his iron man streak that kills any strategy Babs could deploy. I think it will get ugly here in the end. Someone is going to tell him how things have to be and then maybe that facilitates the trade once he realized his streak is over with Leafs.

But the key is Willy. We need Willy to be BIG tonight. Sure Marleau is weighing him down no doubt. Everyone who knows hockey can see it. And Brown is only decent on the defense. But even still Willy is playing against the 3rd line of Boston which is pretty weak. An international star should be able to do it. He needs to step up and put a couple biskets in the basket. That is how we win. And Freddy plays like Freddy has the whole series. In my opinion this is the only sure fire way to win this game.

And that is why I think it is unlikely. But there is always a chance with a player of Willy's skill. He really needs to dig deep and decide if he wants to be a Leaf. If he steps up and does it he will be a Leaf hero forever. I really believe it is do or die for him as a Leaf tonight. And I like him.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Hainsey looks so much fresher than he did last year. It's almost like taking some time to rest up before the playoffs is helpful when you're 40. Oh well, at least he still has his streak going.

Reactions: Menzinger and Kurtz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Hainsey looks so much fresher than he did last year. It's almost like taking some time to rest up before the playoffs is helpful when you're 40. Oh well, at least he still has his streak going.
Great point. I think the smart move would have been to at least put him on the 4th down the stretch to limit minutes further while keeping his streak alive, but alas Babcock doesn't seem to think of these things.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
If we advance and Kadri is ready to play, it'll be Ennis or Moore sitting. Either one is a better option than Marleau.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Marleau was a core player against a consistent choking/under performing Sharks team in the playoffs ... His veteran leadership is worth shit-all.

Wasn't a big fan of the signing at the time. Looks bad now.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
This guy got nearly 15 ****-ing minutes tonight. 6 more than Moore... a couple less than Kappy and Nylander.

I will pray that Babcock is sent packing alongside Jake Gardiner this summer. Will never happen but I will pray.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
As much as everyone hates him, imagine being Marleau, signed with this team to win cups, get clowned in the first round two years in a row, everyone hates him because he got old and Dubas is going to hire someone to break his kneecaps to Robidais Island him.

(Posted this in the PGT but felt like reiterating it here.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad