Why is Marleau getting so much ice time let alone any?!

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Marleau has been straight garbage. Because of him we lost Kadri, lose offensive zone time, my god. If the leafs do advance please scratch him. (Kadri suspension over)

He got 17 min of ice time today, despite us having to kill like 3 penalties. He was out there at the end of the game with goalie pulled. That is an absolute pipedream, Babcock is delusional.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
As bad as he has been anyone would look bad with brown and nylander on your line

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Because after Matthews rest are useless. Kapanen, Johnsson etc.. Bergeron ate Tavares alive again and Marner is just a passenger. And don't even start to talk about William Nylander.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think the purpose of having Marleau out there is to chew up minutes on the clock and turn the game into a bunch of non events which works better when you have a lead to protect but is deadly against yourself when you're chasing.

Marleau is pretty cooked though. I hope he realizes this and decides to save everyone the hassle and retires.

Reactions: exporta

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Even from the “vet” angle, why did we get a vet who has been known his entire career as a playoff choker? Maybe I’m just being irrational cause I’m mad right now but he legit does nothing

Definitely the wrong character type to inject into a growing core. He just has that dead look in his eyes like he's just there in person. No anger, no energy, no emotion, no leadership, just inert, nothing.

Reactions: Tlo1 and Erdinger

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Because after Matthews rest are useless. Kapanen, Johnsson etc.. Bergeron ate Tavares alive again and Marner is just a passenger. And don't even start to talk about William Nylander.

Marner is getting isolated out of the game like Johnny Gaudreau did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad