Why are you still worried about the Leafs?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I'm worried about two players:

Ron Hainsey
Garret Sparks

Both need to step up their play from what we've seen so far. However, from a team perspective I'm not worried. I believe Nylander will sign shortly and that the rest our team is very solid.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
It's our breakouts, zone entries and exits that I'm worried about. Hasn't changed in two years and teams have figured it out completely.

Reactions: weems

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Why am I worried? Because I've watched most of the preseason games, and both of the real ones.

Mar 26, 2010
Very worried. Babcock is a huge problem. This team is going to miss the playoffs if Babcock does not start playing an aggressive offensive game.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
My concerns start and end with Mike Babcock.

This. I am willing to give the man the benefit of doubt, he has earned it. He is developing team and players at the same time so the end product might be great but I always feel he is holding our offensive players back and wont unleash them and have them play to THEIR strength and instead trying to shape them the same way.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
The defense and the goalie scare me. We can score for sure but Andersen has been ok in the playoffs and the defense has not been stable enough. Pittsburgh did it because Crosby and Malkin are on another level. They also had Letang who was a borderline #1.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Why am I worried? Because I've watched most of the preseason games, and both of the real ones.

*Nods in Agreement*

It's our breakouts, zone entries and exits that I'm worried about. Hasn't changed in two years and teams have figured it out completely.

Its a scary trend when our quick passes were fooling most teams are now easily read and countered. We've been outplayed 5v5 and only looked competent due to the fact that we have elite forward talent.
If we had same level of players as Sens/Habs those nights, and under this system - it'd be closer to 6-2 or 5-0 leafs losing.

I want to be wrong, and i hope i probably am... but Babs coaches better have somthing changed by midseason LATEST.

Very worried. Babcock is a huge problem. This team is going to miss the playoffs if Babcock does not start playing an aggressive offensive game.

I hope he adjusts quicker than last season which took almost 2/3s of the season before we saw less komorov.
Line balancing should be reserved on a team to team basis - sometimes we need to adjust on the fly, which he HAS done before and hopefully more liberal with this in the future.

Stack the top 2
Matthews - JT - Kappy
Marleau - Kadri - Marner

Should be hemming in other teams with our talent - not the other way around with NHL debutants.

Caveat *** We did look better by game 2... so i'll wait for more games to fully judge Babs and co --- but our cohesiveness as a unit moving the puck up has been brutal compared to Ottawa and habs.

Lets hope we improve strides vs Hawks, a team with some more weapons than the last 2

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
I'm worried about the defense and goaltending,

If Freddy gets hurt or goes down for some of the season there goes are season.
They don't really have any solid D yet either. I only trust 3 of the players: Zietsev, Reilly and Dermott. I have absolutely no faith in Gardiner I don't think he will ever improve.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Anybody that watch the 1st 2 X Leaf games should have some concerns about their play, performance and player personnel.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
the only thing i'm worried about is what this lineup will look like once we sign MNM

other than that i'm sure Babs will dump Ennis and reduce Hainsey's ice time and tweak the lines , sure it'll take a much longer time frame than any sane person would take but he'll eventually get around to it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad