Why are the Penguins disliked by a majority of the NHL community?

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I try to tell people the same thing, but people give me essays on why the new SW Trilogy is fantastic.
DM1kIWM.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The irony in Star Wars is that the Jedi Council is about as bad as the Siths but no one seemed to care about that.

Indeed. A concept I've long loved. The idea of a grey area in the Force. They went into a lot of detail on that matter in KOTOR: Sith Lords, actually. And the irony in your statement is that parts of the new trilogy attempted to expand upon those ideas and ya'll shit on the entire thing wholesale with no caveats.

Even I can say some nice things about the prequels even if I think they are giant piles of cinematic (specifically sci fi) elephant turds.

I have a hard time letting things go, HOG. Haha

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Indeed. A concept I've long loved. The idea of a grey area in the Force. They went into a lot of detail on that matter in KOTOR: Sith Lords, actually. And the irony in your statement is that parts of the new trilogy attempted to expand upon those ideas and ya'll shit on the entire thing wholesale with no caveats.

Even I can say some nice things about the prequels even if I think they are giant piles of cinematic (specifically sci fi) elephant turds.

I have a hard time letting things go, HOG. Haha
Mate, if you're looking for kinship for liking the prequels, I'm your Boy Blue. I think the movies might be crap but the stories explore so much about the corruption in the Jedi Council, their manipulation and then their idealization that they're not as bad as the Sith because...stuff. But the new trilogy, no thanks, those are garbage, they look nice, but you can bedazzle a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

I will read that book though (edit: the game, I see it's a game...). Also, sorry mods, I know our posts need to be moved to the OT thread. @BHD @Scandale du Jour @ColePens

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I try to tell people the same thing, but people give me essays on why the new SW Trilogy is fantastic.

So fantastic that there are already rumors about the sequel trilogy being de-canonized or flat-out ignored after Kathleen Kennedy leaves! :sarcasm:

As far as Penguins hate, aside from winning the lottery in the 2005 draft I attribute a lot of it to Ken Hitchcock being a baby after Crosby stuck it up the backside of the entire city of Philadelphia in that one regular season game in 2006.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
So fantastic that there are already rumors about the sequel trilogy being de-canonized or flat-out ignored after Kathleen Kennedy leaves! :sarcasm:

As far as Penguins hate, aside from winning the lottery in the 2005 draft I attribute a lot of it to Ken Hitchcock being a baby after Crosby stuck it up the backside of the entire city of Philadelphia in that one regular season game in 2006.

Ken Hitchcock is just cranky because like Mark Madden he hasnt seen his own penis in decades under all the rolls of fat.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Im convinced that if lottery fixing were a thing, Eichel or McDavid would be in Arizona. The league really wants the market to work and theyve had nothing go their way. Getting McDavid would immediately give them a fanbase.

Or you know, the Arizona native Austin Matthews

Reactions: Malkinstheman

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
Lemieux, Jager, Crosby, and Malkin are all generational players who each happened to be the best player in the world at one time or another. All played in Pittsburgh during their primes.

Name another team in the past 30 odd years with four players remotely close to that level besides Edmonton who had three in Gretzky, Messier, and McDavid? You can't.

In all honesty it is likely envy. I know anytime Crosby plays for Canada we are winning that tournament. That guy has a work ethic and leadership style that just forces teams to bunker down and go full throttle.

I can say most Leafs fans don't really think about Pittsburgh that much. You've been good and we have been bad. Is what it is.

Steelers on the other hand can suck for a while. Where most Pens fans I've met have been respectful and pleasant to talk to I cannot say the same for Steelers fans.

Reactions: Beau Knows

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Isles fan chiming in here.

for me, i am just tired of you guys winning. but now, with Crosby and Malkin aging, and other teams picking it up a bit (BOS, TB, and to a lesser degree PHI and CAR), i don't have the animosity that i once had for you guys and WSH.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

for me, i am just tired of you guys winning. but now, with Crosby and Malkin aging, and other teams picking it up a bit (BOS, TB, and to a lesser degree PHI and CAR), i don't have the animosity that i once had for you guys and WSH.

Get bonked on, nerd!

I miss finding your team's merchandise in the freezer section of my local grocer.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

What's it like to have to be excited about a bunch of teams that have underachieved to reign in your hate against our CHAMPIONSHIP squad.

JK you got the best Toews.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
I'd say it's more envy driven than actual hatred. There isn't the universal hatred teams like the Patriots, Yankees, Astros, etc have. I know of NHL fans from other teams who genuinely enjoy watching and casually rooting for the Pens if their teams are out of it.

When Crosby first came into the league, people didn't like him and thought he was immature, whiny, or whatever else. As the years have gone on, and he has lived up to the hype and been a great league ambassador; the dislike has turned into universal respect.

The Penguins are a small market team without any great deal of controversy. They're just not one of those lightning rod franchises always pissing people off.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Based on the average mood here, I'd say a majority of Penguins fans hate them, too.

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad