Why are the Penguins disliked by a majority of the NHL community?

Penguinfan66

Sep 9, 2008
IMO, the following reasons include:

1. Crosby
2. 2009, 2016, & 2017 Stanley Cup Champions
3. The overall attitude/culture that comes from Pittsburgh.

Now, hatred towards any sports' team is natural, but some people think the NHL is "rigged" each time the Penguins win the cup or when they receive so called "special treatment" from the refs. Furthermore, Crosby is a player that you either love or hate, but you got to respect him for the way he impacted the NHL.

So, is it jealously or something else?
I hate the caps/Ovechkin because im Pens fan. But I don't think he/they sucks regardless. But I dont care enough about the Islanders or more than a few teams to have hate that last a past a few days after Pens getting knocked out for instance. I'm indiffrent with the Habs and that is really not changed. Plus... I can't really see myself cheering for the Flyers( yes they are one team I'll be happy to hate.) ... Ugh

Onan

Aug 13, 2007

1. Crosby

Now, hatred towards any sports' team is natural, but some people think the NHL is "rigged" each time the Penguins win the cup or when they receive so called "special treatment" from the refs. Furthermore, Crosby is a player that you either love or hate, but you got to respect him for the way he impacted the NHL.

I think the hate towards Penguins started at Mario & company era when they embarrassed everybody by beating them
with big numbers and nobody wasn't able to do anything about it because they had many physical players & goons in their
roster. And i guess Mario's or Jagr's picture with superlatives in every sport magazines front cover at that time didn't
build nice relationships with the fans of other NHL teams either.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

1. Crosby

Jealousy.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
And again, I feel like this topic needs resounding "Who cares?" I don't give a shit if some idiot on a messageboard from Moose Jaw likes the Pens or not. It's pathological that some here feel like that's a threat to their existence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00