Who's the greatest player you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KariyaIsGod*

I've seen Gretzky and Mario among others but it's Gtretz by miles and miles...

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
I've saw Mario live twice at the Bell Center.

The first time he owned the Habs and scored five goal. The other time was more recently (2002 I guess) and he had four points too.

Definitly the best player I've ever seen live. He was just unbelievable..

jacketracket*

I'll never forget watching Mario warm up before a Pens game here in Columbus, for the first time. You knew that you were watching something special, and that we (Columbus) had finally arrived on the major sport scene.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I've seen a few games.

Pavel Bure (1992), Markus Naslund and Ed Jovanovski (2003) were the most exciting to watch.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
If the Heritage Classic game counts, Fuhr. Gretzky didn't do much of anything during the game that made him stand out. Fuhr, on the other hand, was absolutely amazing.

If an old-timer's game doesn't count, I'll go with Theodore and Zednik during the following game at the HC. Zednik was the most impressive of all the forwards out there, and Theodore was dead calm. Honourable mention goes to Stoll, who was also a force.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Being just 16, I was lucky enough to see both Wayne Gretzky & Mark Messier in the same game together for the Rangers here in Edmonton. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the last game Gretz played in Edmonton before retirement. I've seen Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg & Steve Yzerman a few times.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

Wayne
Lemieux
Gainey
Robinson
Bless This Mess
Kovalev
Bondra

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I went to games in both the 1988 and 1990 Bruins-Oilers Finals. Saw many Flyers-Bruins classics from the late 70s through mid 90s, too. Obviously Neely, Bourque, Clarke, Lindros, Messier, Gretzky, etc. in that bunch. Also saw Lemieux, Jagr and company play in the Boston Garden during the playoffs. Saw Stevie Y play once.

Last edited:

BigStar

Mar 30, 2004
Saint John
i guess it would have to be Martin St.louis, i have never been to an nhl game, but he played for the Saint John Flames, and i saw him several times

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Wayne Gretzky against Jokerit some 10 years ago, during the NHL lockout. He was outplayed by Sergei Fedorov in the game, though.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
g0canucksg0 said:
Who's the best player you've ever seen live?

I was lucky enough to see Lemieux and Gretzky play a couple times each ... I'm curious to see if anyone's seen guys like Howe and Orr though.

When he felt like it, Kent Nilson could be the equal of Gretzky and Lemieux. There was a reason that he was called "The Magic Man."

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Dark Metamorphosis said:
best players ive seen live are lemieux, jagr, brodeur, kariya, selanne, forsberg, sakic

Man, Selanne used to be great. Whatever happened to him?

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
g0canucksg0 said:
Who's the best player you've ever seen live?

I was lucky enough to see Lemieux and Gretzky play a couple times each ... I'm curious to see if anyone's seen guys like Howe and Orr though.

Oops, forgot one - Valery Kharmalov. He was so great the the only way that the Canadians could beat the Russians in '72 was to have Bobby Clarke go out and break his leg.

Amazing, isn't it. The Canadians portray the '72 series as its great moment of victory when in reality it was moment of monumental national disgrace.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Bobby Orr, my dad brought me to see a flyers bruins game at the Spectrum when I was very young, I instantley became a Bobby Orr fan and a life long Bruins fan.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
arnie said:
Man, Selanne used to be great. Whatever happened to him?
He didn't quite have the linemates to be motivated to play his best after awhile... And when in Colorado he was under what probably is the least intelligent coach in modern hockey...

On the national team he has always looked like the finnish flash, you could know that if a game needed to be turned around... Teemu being around gave Finland that chance, game after game after game.

He didn't look like himself in the world cup though... Possibly due to trying to play a more physical and defensive brand of hockey under Raimo "Madman" Summanen.

Spiral Architect

Jan 28, 2004
Vermont
Lemieux
Hasek
Messier
Coffey
Lindros
Bure
St. Louis, back when he played for UVM
And for some reason, I've never gone to an NHL game that Gilmour wasn't playing in. I realized that during his second year in Montreal.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Mario Lemieux, even though I didn't get to see him live until his most recent comeback.

I never got to see Gretzky live, but I vaguely remember seeing him on TV when I was younger (he played for the Rangers at this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad