Who's the greatest player you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
g0canucksg0 said:
Who's the best player you've ever seen live?

I was lucky enough to see Lemieux and Gretzky play a couple times each ... I'm curious to see if anyone's seen guys like Howe and Orr though.

I saw Orr live in his final year with Chicago. His knees were so bad he could barely skate. It was sad.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
I think the only 'greatest' player i've ever seen live was Mark Messier (seen him live a couple of times).

Victory Ali*

I'm ashamed to say this because I haven't been a hockey fan long (3 years) but the best player I've seen live was Todd Bertuzzi.

In archive footage I think Pavel Bure is the most incredible. Special mention to Theo Fleury.

PK*

I've only seen one live NHL game. It was Pittsburgh vs Montreal in 1999, so the best player I've ever seen is Jagr.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
g0canucksg0 said:

I was lucky enough to see Lemieux and Gretzky play a couple times each ... I'm curious to see if anyone's seen guys like Howe and Orr though.

Mario.

Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to see Gretz live.

I saw Jagr play, but he phoned in his performance that night.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
live? good question!

I never went to a pittsburg or edmonton game, so I've never seen Gretzky, Lemieux or Jagr live. It has to be Steve Yzerman.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I haven't seen many greats live....

But in 1995 I saw the world champs final featuring one of the best international lines ever: the huey, dewie and Louie line, consisting of Jere Lehtinen, Saku Koivu and Ville Peltonen.

So I guess my answer would be Jere Lehtinen.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
ive been lucky. between living in hartford and denver. ive seen mario, wayne, yzerman, sakic, forsberg (all the avs), sundin,mogliny, bure in his prime, fedorov, roy, lafontaine, jagr. just about every great player from the late 80's to present. i havent seen kovulchuk and heatly yet though.
the most singlehandedly impressive player, believe it or not was jagr in when he was in pitts. he was the one player ive seen live that couldnt be stopped. i hated him, we didnt have a chance with him on the ice. it was great to see all the others, but he alsways impressed the most. ive seen sakic and forsberg do some amazing things live, as well.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Mario Lemieux. Being a Penguin fan from NJ I was thrilled enough to go to Pittsburgh for my first game at the Igloo. Even though it was a 9-4 loss to the Whale, Lemieux scored all 4 Penguin goals and broke the record for SH goals in a season.

Beakermania*

Seen Gretz once.

Saw him as a King in the early 90s at Maple Leaf Gardens, saw him stopped by Peter Ing of all people once on a breakaway and once on a penalty shot. He also had 2 goals that game in other situations though. A dominant performance.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Definitely Wayne Gretzky.

However, watching Teemu Selanne during his rookie year was sure a treat.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
g0canucksg0 said:

Seen live and not on tape would be Gretzky or Mario . I have seen Orr on tape and if I was allowed to pick him I would do it without hesitation.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Live? Eric Lindros as an Oshawa General. Man, was he something else. No doubt in my mind that he would have been one of the top-5 players of all time if injuries hadn't derailed him.

I have seen several NHL games (including Lindros) and none of the players have matched the package Lindros brought to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad