Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kings need to call up Turcotte. Play him on the fourth line with Grundstrom and Kaliyev.
Like Koala will play him when JAD is around.. wont happen. Would not be surprised if Turcotte gets waived after camp next season based on how Blake manages his assets and cap... wont have the space for him.

You have to go to 21st pick to see a player with less games than Turcotte in the NHL.. depressing

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Anyone else have a mess of a feed on kcal?
Wait Kcal is broadcasting a minor league hockey game!?!?! The world is ending. Kings organization actually geen light this? They actually want ro expose and try to bring in fans? It's a miracle.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Watched the game and there's not a whole lot to be excited about in Ontario.
Defense was brutal with a lot of turnovers(Moverare was missed). Was surprised by the amount of bad passing right in the danger areas in the defensive zone.
Turcotte, Helenius and Thomas are really the only NHL talent down there and Helenius and Thomas are 4th line fodder from the look of it. But it was cool to watch even though it was glitchy, hopefully they do that again.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Watched the game and there's not a whole lot to be excited about in Ontario.
Defense was brutal with a lot of turnovers(Moverare was missed). Was surprised by the amount of bad passing right in the danger areas in the defensive zone.
Turcotte, Helenius and Thomas are really the only NHL talent down there and Helenius and Thomas are 4th line fodder from the look of it. But it was cool to watch even though it was glitchy, hopefully they do that again.

Concur on all.

The defense has been pretty ravaged. They lost Spence and Bjornfot, and now Clarke and Moverare. Rough going on the back end.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I am all for trading Grundstrom and his bloated salary and bringing up Thomas.

It’s no longer about our old core. It’s about getting our kids playing time so they can pencil in beside our up-and-coming core of Byfield Kempe and Moore. I know I’m going against the grain, but I also get rid of Lizotte and bring Turcotte up. Not only does it give the young players the playing time they need to acclimatize themselves to the NHL for future years, it gives us $1 million plus in cap

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The problem is Grundstrom is the only physical forward (not sure where that part of his game has gone recently though). Thomas does not play that kind of game. He has an edge, but doesn't play like Carl.

I would waive or trade Carl and bring up Hodgson who make a move or another player like Lemieux.

Also, my boy Helenius is now on pace for 15 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: