Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I mean we only have two right-handed forwards on the entire roster. We can’t come up with any creative ways to insert another into the lineup? Why shouldn’t we break up our lines? We’ve got 4 wins and 8 losses over the past 30 days. That’s something we don’t want to mess with? Let’s put Byfield at center and Dubois at wing and stack some righties on our bottom three lines.

Dubois - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Fagemo
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

Reactions: funky

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I mean we only have two right-handed forwards on the entire roster. We can’t come up with any creative ways to insert another into the lineup? Why shouldn’t we break up our lines? We’ve got 4 wins and 8 losses over the past 30 days. That’s something we don’t want to mess with? Let’s put Byfield at center and Dubois at wing and stack some righties on our bottom three lines.

Dubois - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Fagemo
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

Like many bloggers and beat writers have said, you move Dubois to the wing and the trade is a F.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fagemo with a hat trick tonight. Wouldn’t want to call up the super hot hand.

Sorry dude, he hasn't earned it.

16 goals in 21 games is only 3 away from the AHL lead who has 10 more games, his goals per game is running away with the lead.

He's gotta be one year older to have 'earned it' to be buried on the 4th line and IF he's around till he's 25 maybe they'll bump him up

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Sorry dude, he hasn't earned it.

16 goals in 21 games is only 3 away from the AHL lead who has 10 more games, his goals per game is running away with the lead.

He's gotta be one year older to have 'earned it' to be buried on the 4th line and IF he's around till he's 25 maybe they'll bump him up
yeah gimme a call when he gets 2 hat tricks in a game, maybe then we'll talk

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I know some people wonder where Fagemo would play at the NHL level. My thoughts are we have 4 guys that could rotate as each one of them could use a breather here and there.

Lewis - he has been awesome but is older and I have no problem giving him a maintenance day. Laf can easily drop down and play his spot

Grundy - this dude goes hot and cold. I have no problem with him sitting once in a while.

Fagemo - play him 3 out of 4 games. A game off against a heavier team won’t hurt.

Kaliyev- the way he is playing is awesome but even he has shown he needs the odd game off to reset

Lizzo - when you are a little ball of hate but only 5 1/2 feet tall a game off here there to rest and recover isn’t a bad thing. The odd time it does happen we can have Lewis slide over.

Laf - this guy is starting to rock, but I also caution he only played a college schedule last year. I worry about durability and hitting the wall. It won’t hurt him to sit a game or two once in a while.

If I were the kings, I would be seen if there’s any interest at all in JAD. I believe he hast to go onto the waiver wire and we’re all gonna lose our shit if that happens and he is claimed even if at this moment, most don’t care if he’s on the team.

Sometimes we have to sacrifice a couple of pawns to capture the queen

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
I am confused why Fagemo hasn't been called up. Like what is the genuine reason?
If they call him up, he will need waivers to go back down and he'll probably be gone for good this time. If they leave him in the AHL for the rest of the season he will be back fighting for a roster spot next training camp.

Might have changed slightly since Copley went down and they wont have to carry a 21 man squad so they could carry him for the rest of the season in the NHL and not have to send him down when Arvidson comes back.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean the smart thing is cups of coffee for several guys but they haven't done it over the last few years until literally forced so I doubt they start now

you would have thought after all those injuries and Durzi and Spence stepping in et. al. that they'd go 'boy howdy maybe we SHOULD let these guys start to break in instead of glass ceiling-ing them until they're waiver eligibile' but theyr'e showing they haven't learned shit.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Is Turcotte out again? I haven't been following along as much this year, but his AHL player page doesn't list any games after 12/28.
I believe it's safe to say and I've been the biggest Turcotte supporter, but he injury prone and a buuu...I can't even say it very sad.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If they call him up, he will need waivers to go back down and he'll probably be gone for good this time. If they leave him in the AHL for the rest of the season he will be back fighting for a roster spot next training camp.

Might have changed slightly since Copley went down and they wont have to carry a 21 man squad so they could carry him for the rest of the season in the NHL and not have to send him down when Arvidson comes back.
He’d get some time/games before needing waivers again. I forget the numbers but it’s not as short as just a couple of games.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s worth noting that Thomas now has 10 points in his last 7 games (6+4) and 20 points in his last 20 games (11+9) including 5 gwg. It really shows the impact of those 3 shoulder surgeries. I still think he has something to offer and is worth a cup of coffee with the Kings. There’s also no chance he's the weight listed on the AHL site, listed is his draft height/weight. He has bulked up since then and I’m sure I read somewhere he’d broken 6’ in height.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Small sample size, but great to see Ingham finally getting some AHL games and playing well. Another example of poor prospect management, only 53 games played in 2.5 seasons in the system not including last year.

He's been my top Kings goalie prospect of choice over the years and would love to see him get an NHL contract next season.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To be fair Ingham had back surgery

He was one of my favorite prospects before and since and his recovery is a story like Vilardis and having him and Portillo both performing is very very nice.

Reactions: bmr

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
To be fair Ingham had back surgery

He was one of my favorite prospects before and since and his recovery is a story like Vilardis and having him and Portillo both performing is very very nice.
Yea i was't even counting last season lost to injury. 53 games since he turned pro in 2020. Injuries, COVID season yeah so some of that is due to circumstance but just a crazy low number for a guy his age that needs to play games to develop his game. Definitely hoping for a Vilardi like turnaround.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yea i was't even counting last season lost to injury. 53 games since he turned pro in 2020. Injuries, COVID season yeah so some of that is due to circumstance but just a crazy low number for a guy his age that needs to play games to develop his game. Definitely hoping for a Vilardi like turnaround.
Yeah but Vialtta (sp)…. we needed to develop the guy that never looked like he’d get there… not for a moment. I’m another that was always an Ingham fan.

Reactions: King'sPawn

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
It’s worth noting that Thomas now has 10 points in his last 7 games (6+4) and 20 points in his last 20 games (11+9) including 5 gwg. It really shows the impact of those 3 shoulder surgeries. I still think he has something to offer and is worth a cup of coffee with the Kings. There’s also no chance he's the weight listed on the AHL site, listed is his draft height/weight. He has bulked up since then and I’m sure I read somewhere he’d broken 6’ in height.
This guy has probably had more tough luck than Turcotte. You hate to see it, but hopefully he can continue on this path.

I believe it was lower body day-to-day

so likely be back in march with a cyborg lower body
That guy would be a wrecking machine if he had a bulletproof body. Sometimes you never know how these situations will pan out. J Dub used to be injured all the time when he was younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad