Who'll stop The Reign: The 2023-24 Ontario Reign Thread

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Ok haven’t even paying attention to the Reign too much but saw the new numbers/new faces on twitter, when did they get Serron Noel and J.D. Greenway?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Both Noel and Greenway can fight - one spent time in the ECHL last year.

Baffles me how the Kings always load up Ontario with size and toughness but leave the Kings soft as charmin.

Because toughness that can play is the rarest of traits these days

Reactions: King'sPawn

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Both those guys are big boys -- and their main statistical production is PIM.
Noel must have been hurt last year (i'm assuming) since he played only like 8 games.
Good positions at least wrt the Kings (right handed shot RW & a LHD).
Looking forward to endless post from J-Utah about these guys getting on the Kings roster and playing 3rd/4th line and preventing anyone from touching our talent on ice.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ok haven’t even paying attention to the Reign too much but saw the new numbers/new faces on twitter, when did they get Serron Noel and J.D. Greenway?
These tryout guys vary rarely stick, but will likely get into one of the two exhibition games to see what they bring. Lee's injury (and potentially Madden's, not sure if serious) could open a spot for a PTO for depth.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
These tryout guys vary rarely stick, but will likely get into one of the two exhibition games to see what they bring. Lee's injury (and potentially Madden's, not sure if serious) could open a spot for a PTO for depth.

assuming two forwards are assigned to Ontario at the end of camp the Reign will have 13 forwards under contract (NHL or AHL) including Hudon, Doty and Pavlychev

for whatever thats worth

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Build your top 9 in ONT. Too many players.

Turcotte
Laferriere
Pinelli
Chromiak
Hodgson
Tynan
Hudon
Madden
Thomas
Maltsev
Anderson-Dolan *must clear waivers
Ward

The rest

Pavlychev
Doty
Helenius
Francis
Johnson

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Build your top 9 in ONT. Too many players.

Turcotte
Laferriere
Pinelli
Chromiak
Hodgson
Tynan
Hudon
Madden
Thomas
Maltsev
Anderson-Dolan *must clear waivers
Ward

The rest

Pavlychev
Doty
Helenius
Francis
Johnson

JAD - Turcotte - Hadon
Maltsev - Tynan - Thomas
Madden - Pinelli - Chromiak

in other words i have no clue.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
assuming two forwards are assigned to Ontario at the end of camp the Reign will have 13 forwards under contract (NHL or AHL) including Hudon, Doty and Pavlychev

for whatever thats worth
This is no longer true with Madden being healthy and assigned to Ontario.

As of today, Sunday the 8th, the Reign should have in camp
(according to my notes and records)

3 goalies (Portillo, Ingham, Berube)
9 defensemen (under NHL/AHL contracts)
14 forwards (under NHL/AHL contracts)

The Reign training camp roster also has two remaining forwards signed to a PTO (I think) and if JAD clears he becomes the 15th forward with an NHL or AHL contract

These aren't predictions its just illustrative and to keep it straight in my head

Hudon(AHL)-Tynan-Laferriere
Maltsev-Thomas-Hodgson
Ward-Turcotte-Chromiak
Pinelli-Helenius-Madden
Doty(AHL)-Francis(PTO)-Pavlychev(AHL)-Johnson(PTO)

plus possibly JAD

Connauton-Clarke
Moverare-Santini
Krygier-Hicketts
Nousianen-Wylie (AHL)
Inamato (AHL)

Ingham(AHL)
Portillo
JF Berube (PTO)

I THINK thats accurate

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Don't worry about room, I'm sure Turcotte and Thomas will likely be on IR shortly.

In all seriousness, I really hope they get to be healthy this season.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
A reminder about the AHL veteran rule on dressing the 18 skaters for a game. I have not gone through and looked at all the players to do the math on who if any players this affects, but there are some AHL players with a fair amount of experience on this roster.

Veteran Rule: "Of the eighteen (18) skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least thirteen (13) must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, twelve (12) must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season."

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
A reminder about the AHL veteran rule on dressing the 18 skaters for a game. I have not gone through and looked at all the players to do the math on who if any players this affects, but there are some AHL players with a fair amount of experience on this roster.

Veteran Rule: "Of the eighteen (18) skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least thirteen (13) must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, twelve (12) must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season."

the following numbers are AHL + NHL only

684 - Connauton
591 - Tynan
514 - Hudon
441 - Hicketts
362 - Santini

Maltsev has played only 190 NHL/AHL games but not sure if VHL/MHL/KHL games count

I don't think anybody else is a concern other than Englund

Reactions: funky

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
the following numbers are AHL + NHL only

684 - Connauton
591 - Tynan
514 - Hudon
441 - Hicketts
362 - Santini

Maltsev has played only 190 NHL/AHL games but not sure if VHL/MHL/KHL games count

I don't think anybody else is a concern other than Englund
I'd think the KHL should at least count, as that's the top league in Russia.

Edit: then again, there's no agreement with Russia and the NHL (as it isn't in the same agreement as the other European leagues) so maybe they aren't even recognized.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Great pass by Laferriere to Hicketts. Laferriere and Turcotte look head and shoulders above everyone else right now.

Another goal by Turcotte. Reign not letting up at all.

Here's the YouTube link by the way if anyone wants to watch:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad