who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I know he has scouted Pittsburgh, but did you mean Philly or do you know something else about the Pens?

Pittsburgh may be looking for a depth D. Yandle only comes into play here if there are injury concerns with Letang. If so, they will pay a very big premium.

Keep in mind we were discussing a Eric Staal for Yandle deal last year which got derailed when it became apparent Staal would only sign an extension with Carolina.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Pittsburgh may be looking for a depth D. Yandle only comes into play here if there are injury concerns with Letang. If so, they will pay a very big premium.

Keep in mind we were discussing a Eric Staal for Yandle deal last year which got derailed when it became apparent Staal would only sign an extension with Carolina.

Jordan, not Eric

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm thinking Feaster goes full Pejorative Slur, sells of his older, more expensive vets for futures and then instead of calling it a day like a reasonable person, he'll immediately parlay them into slightly younger but equally expensive veterens. My magic eightball shows me Mike Green will be a Flame before too long. Washington needs a culture change desperately and Green fits the mold perfectly as as an ill advised Jay Feaster blueline acquisition.

That might put Washington in the Yandle market. I love Washington as a potential partner for a Yandle deal. Filip Forsberg is great. Their first rounder will probably be after five but before ten, and could possibly be in play.

Insane little daydream scenario is that the Caps pick up an extra first in a Green trade and then move their first (say 6th) and Forsberg to us at the draft for Yandle. We pick Lindholm sixth with Washington's pick and Wennberg 11th with our own. Pick up three elite level prospects in the span of an hour that have legitimate first line potential.

Wennberg-Lindholm-Forsberg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Insane little daydream scenario is that the Caps pick up an extra first in a Green trade and then move their first (say 6th) and Forsberg to us at the draft for Yandle. We pick Lindholm sixth with Washington's pick and Wennberg 11th with our own. Pick up three elite level prospects in the span of an hour that have legitimate first line potential.

And add Klesla or whatever it takes for Johansson, trade Tikhonov's rights to NJ for Tedenby, sign Viktor Stalberg. :sarcasm:

Wennberg - Lindholm - Forsberg
Tedenby - Johansson - Stalberg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Do you prefer Forsberg to Coutourier or Laughton? How far is Samuellson's upside from Laughton? I know you regularly watch CHL games which is why I ask. I guess it's really who do you like better Coutourier vs. Forsberg and Samuellson vs. Laughton (ie does Laughton have top line upside)?

Can I dream about us ending up with picks 2 & 3 and drafting Drouin and MacKinnon?

On a serious note, I really like Monahan. We currently sit in the Top 10. We may drop a couple more spots if Smith is out.

rt

May 13, 2004
And add Klesla or whatever it takes for Johansson, trade Tikhonov's rights to NJ for Tedenby, sign Viktor Stalberg. :sarcasm:

Wennberg - Lindholm - Forsberg
Tedenby - Johansson - Stalberg

Haha. I don't know about all that. It isn't necessarily a Swedish thing. It's just the idea of potentially adding three elite level forward prospects in one quick minute that's appealing. Could just as easily be Sven Baertschi, Sean Monahan and Adam Erne or Nino Niederreiter, Sasha Barkov, and Anthony Mantha,. Doesn't really matter. Just the idea of adding major, core A level future forward assets to a pool that already includes promising youngsters like OEL, Gormley, Rundblad, Stone, Boedker, Hanzal, Samuelsson, Lessio, Visentin, and Domingue is really intriguing. It also frees up a ton of cash to address some needs that currently exist up front. Could be beneficial both now and in the future. Could also backfire big time and set us back for years. Haha.

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Do you prefer Forsberg to Coutourier or Laughton? How far is Samuellson's upside from Laughton? I know you regularly watch CHL games which is why I ask. I guess it's really who do you like better Coutourier vs. Forsberg and Samuellson vs. Laughton (ie does Laughton have top line upside)?

Can I dream about us ending up with picks 2 & 3 and drafting Drouin and MacKinnon?

On a serious note, I really like Monahan. We currently sit in the Top 10. We may drop a couple more spots if Smith is out.

I'd likely take Couturier over Forsberg but Forsberg over Laughton. I also really like Monahan. Exactly as much as Barkov and Lindholm. Haha. :)

I'd say Laughton and Samuelsson are fairly equivalent prospects, all around.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Could be beneficial both now and in the future. Could also backfire big time and set us back for years. Haha.

Go big or go home. 3 yard runs, to use football parlance, only gets you so far. I don't think a few busts, or even necessarily screwing up the Yandle trade would significantly hurt this franchise. Assuming there's ownership and Tippett/Maloney stay, there's enough there to at least make a go of it every year. This franchise so badly needs another Roenick or a Stamkos type. Someone to electrify the fans. I love Boedker, but nobody is going to confuse him for the aforementioned players.

By my count, we are 60 days or so away from some answers to big questions. They may not be pleasant ones. But closure is always good.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Yeah and then we can kick some ass...in 2017

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Nuquist has ten times the trade value of abdelkader.

Don't disagree. Just figure that also solves the enforcer issue with more value added. The value of remaining pieces could be figured from there...

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah and then we can kick some ass...in 2017

Actually, that's the point. We are multiple first liners away from being contender. The only way we canaford to acquire them is through the draft. I'm willing to try the scratch and claw approach we've been using for the last four years. But I'd feel a lot better about it if we had a handful of legit bluechip forward prospects in the pipeline.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Have a gut feeling Shero is pursuing Klesla. What would you want in return?

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
We will be sellers, not buyers. And the team will not take on addtional payroll. The NHL is paying the bills without a subsidy from the CoG. That means no additional payroll.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Don't disagree. Just figure that also solves the enforcer issue with more value added. The value of remaining pieces could be figured from there...

I'm not sure we want the guy Morris ragdolled to be our enforcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad