who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I honestly don't get why some of you keep throwing in Yandle as trade bait (except for Bux, he's got a reverse stalker thing going for Yandle). Yeah sure if an offer you can't refuse comes along I get it but that's almost certainly not going to happen. The proposals floating around in this thread thus far make me sick to my stomach. Trading Yandle is at best shortsighted and at worst ****ing Pejorative Slured. Talk about a trade that has Briere 2.0 potential written all over it!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
5 losses in a row put this team in a bad predicament. They need to show Maloney something if they want him to add pieces; otherwise we move into clearing out some D to make room down the road for Stone and the others. Klesla and Morris become the most likely candidates to be moved. This is a draft where a 2nd round pick in terms of talent is more like a usual late first so don't scoff at what appears to be a low asking price if it comes to that. I know the Habs have 3 second rounders this year which make them prime targets to make a move.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I did not realize Gordon was UFA. While I would love for us to keep him (think he is a top 3rd line centre in the league and one of the best faceoff guys) he is the type of player contenders covet at deadline.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
We desperately need to go find a true #1 center...it's painfully obvious that Whitney acted like the #1 center last year and he made everything work. Minus him and we are grossly inadequate offensively.

Here is my keeper group for next season:

? / ? /Vrbata
Boedker / Vermette / ?
Doan / Hanzal / ?
Torres / Gordon / Klinkhammer/Brown
Chipchura

OEL / Rundblad
Yandle / DeMo
Schlemko / Stone

Gone: Korpikoski, Klesla, Sullivan, Smith, Labarbera, Moss, Lombardi, N.Johnson, Michalek,

Needs: #1 center, #1 LW, #1 Goalie, #2 RW, #3 RW

Unless Lombardi starts scoring, he cannot be in the top 6 and he doesn't compliment bottom 6 guys.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We desperately need to go find a true #1 center...it's painfully obvious that Whitney acted like the #1 center last year and he made everything work. Minus him and we are grossly inadequate offensively.

Here is my keeper group for next season:

? / ? /Vrbata
Boedker / Vermette / ?
Doan / Hanzal / ?
Torres / Gordon / Klinkhammer/Brown
Chipchura

OEL / Rundblad
Yandle / DeMo
Schlemko / Stone

Gone: Korpikoski, Klesla, Sullivan, Smith, Labarbera, Moss, Lombardi, N.Johnson, Michalek,

Needs: #1 center, #1 LW, #1 Goalie, #2 RW, #3 RW

Unless Lombardi starts scoring, he cannot be in the top 6 and he doesn't compliment bottom 6 guys.

Do we need to revisit the Gagner/MPS offer for Yandle? It's a legitimate question now given the play of those two Oilers on a surprisingly awful Oiler squad.

We need to target a goalie if Smith doesn't want to sign. I'd love Bernier out of LA but probably unlikely unless we can deal for some additional second rounders and package those up.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hmm... did the Oilers actually offer that package for Yandle, or is it just someone's proposal in this thread? It's an interesting idea nevertheless.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hmm... did the Oilers actually offer that package for Yandle, or is it just someone's proposal in this thread? It's an interesting idea nevertheless.

Numerous reports that was one of the offers made to Maloney during the draft last year. Like any rumor, it depends on who or what you want to believe.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fair enough. I like Gagner, I think he could fit in a role here, but I don't really know enough about MPS to judge.

Ekman-Larsson and Paajarvi-Svensson on one team would just be cruel to Matt McConnell and Tyson Nash :P

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Klesla + Korpi + LalalalaBarbera for Gaborik :yo:

There is no scenario where trading for Gaborik makes any sort of sense for this team. Even if he was free, the Coyotes would have to shed significant salary (Doan and Yandle is a good start) to fit him in. He makes more than twice as much as Vrbata and is only good for about 10 points more a season, if he even stays healthy. Please stop.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So Devils fans proposed a Tedenby for Tikhonov's rights swap, which might be beneficial for both clubs. And rt wants to swap Klesla for Marcus Johansson, which is appealing.

Both are Swedish, and would probably look good together on the 3rd line. That RW slot could be a nice incubator for Samuelsson.

In fact, let's just go out and get more Finns and Swedes. Damn good hockey players.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So Devils fans proposed a Tedenby for Tikhonov's rights swap, which might be beneficial for both clubs. And rt wants to swap Klesla for Marcus Johansson, which is appealing.

Both are Swedish, and would probably look good together on the 3rd line. That RW slot could be a nice incubator for Samuelsson.

In fact, let's just go out and get more Finns and Swedes. Damn good hockey players.

I like Ollie Maata out of Pittsburgh.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Do we need to revisit the Gagner/MPS offer for Yandle? It's a legitimate question now given the play of those two Oilers on a surprisingly awful Oiler squad.

We need to target a goalie if Smith doesn't want to sign. I'd love Bernier out of LA but probably unlikely unless we can deal for some additional second rounders and package those up.
**** that, if I'm DM I tell Edmonton if they want Yandle they have to part with 1 of their big 3. If they don't like it they can kick rocks.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
**** that, if I'm DM I tell Edmonton if they want Yandle they have to part with 1 of their big 3. If they don't like it they can kick rocks.

You won't get one of those 3, but maybe their 1st rounder this summer.

Not endorsing this one way or the other, but if the Yotes decide to go in another direction and don't re-sign Smith, would you guys consider signing Tim Thomas?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

That's just not a realistic scenario from their end. I would expect them to hang up if that's the stance we take. I would.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You won't get one of those 3, but maybe their 1st rounder this summer.

Not endorsing this one way or the other, but if the Yotes decide to go in another direction and don't re-sign Smith, would you guys consider signing Tim Thomas?

I would think so on Thomas. I'd offer Chris Summers for the rights to negotiate early.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I did not realize Gordon was UFA. While I would love for us to keep him (think he is a top 3rd line centre in the league and one of the best faceoff guys) he is the type of player contenders covet at deadline.

I would try to extend him first. He's elite at what he does (face offs and blocking shots) and would be very hard to replace on the open market.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Would a package including some combo of Klesla, Moss, Summers, Tikhonov, and/or picks (not the 1st) be enough to grab us a decent scoring forward?

rt

May 13, 2004
Wouldn't it just be "typical" then?

Anyway, Rusty Klesla is certainly not a "bag-o-crap". I watched a lot of GMs interviewed at the meeting in Toronto and most of them said they were looking for a solid D who can eat minutes. That's Klesla. Summers is decent depth and NHL ready. I'm not looking for a first liner, here. I'm okay with a forward with some warts. I just want a guy who can bring at least some iota of offensive ability to the table.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The trade dead line assets we have to offer a contender are IMHO that we could trade are: Klesla and Gordon, and we can survive without Klesla and fill in for Gordon. Both would offer immediate help for a good team. Our other assets, we either would not trade or would require a top 6 forward in return and I don't see a contender giving that up...

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I honestly don't get why some of you keep throwing in Yandle as trade bait (except for Bux, he's got a reverse stalker thing going for Yandle). Yeah sure if an offer you can't refuse comes along I get it but that's almost certainly not going to happen.

No other top offensive d-man will be available.I'm guessing that Holmgren will step up at the draft and over pay. And hoping the 'Yotes will end up with Couturier and Barkov...

I also like to remind people that it didn't take Maloney long to nix Gagner and MPS for Yandle.

I'm also thinking about acquiring Bishop and letting Mike Smith walk. It looks like he is ready to be a #1, be a relatively cheap contract, and would fit in Coach Tippet's system.

rt

May 13, 2004
UFAs:
Torres - 2yrs, 3mil (1.5 and 1.5)
Smith - 3yrs, 10mil (3.0, 3.5, and 3.5)
Lombardi - 1yr, 1.5mil (1.5)
Gordon - 3yrs, 6mil (2.0, 2.0, and 2.0)

RFA:
Boedker - at least three million in year one, I'd think, right?

Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
XXXXXX-Vermette-Doan
Torres-Lombardi-Korpikoski
Klinkhammer-Gordon-Chipchura
Bissonnette

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Schlemko-Klesla
Stone

Smith
XXXX

...in this scenario, I'd likely move Klesla for that missing winger. Gets Stone in the everyday line-up and allows Rundblad to sub in and out as the all-season reserve D.

If Klesa can net us a 2nd line winger that costs less than himself, we might actually end up under budget.

If Klinkhammer fizzles out down the stretch, maybe move Chipchura to the left side and put one of Brown or Johnson in that 4th RW spot.

Klesla and some extras (any combo of Summers, Tikhonov, Murphy, 3rd, something like that) for Marcus Johansson (re-sign 2yrs, 5mil, 2.25 and 2.75m)

Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Johansson -Vermette-Doan
Bissonnette

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Schlemko-Stone
Rundblad

Smith

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Trading Sullivan for Johansson does not make that roster a playoff team. Between Brule and Whitney this team lost roughly 100 points of production a year that hasn't been replaced. Or, put another way, Sullivan and Brule are a wash, and Whitney is gone. Gordon has been brutal on offense this year. Last year, he was workable.

Pretty much the bottom 6 as it is this year, right? Completely invisible. Nowhere near as useful as last years bottom 6. I never, ever thought I'd be pining for Gilbert effin Brule, but he (and players of his ilk) bring a little offense to the 3rd and 4th lines. On a talent depleted team that needs to roll lines, that's everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad