lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Connor Murphy for David Krejci or
Mike Stone for Frans Nielsen or
Mike Stone for Magnus Pajaarvi or
Max Goncharov for Tim Connoly

I know we might have to offer more but I don't like giving, not even at this time of year. I'd much rather go after some UFA's.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
For what little it took to get Riberio, I'd have thought we should have been able to make that happen. Maybe it was a in-division thing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If the season is cancelled, I'd prefer we hang onto our assets and dip into the UFA pool.

If the season is not cancelled, I'd like to see if we can grab Connolly or Lombardi from Toronto for very little.

Either way, I want to hang onto what we've got and give our assets some time to mature.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Ribeiro via UFA. Did awesome under Tippet's system. Imagine a top line of:

Doan-Vermette-Ribeiro

Power Forward & Gritty Work--Speed & scroing ability--Playmaker & Creativity.

May be the best line Doan would be apart of in years.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Adam Henrique. I think he is going to be a good one and to have on a line Boedker. In the same age group as our young guys so could be a coyote for a long time and the young guns could grow together. No idea what we could use to entice the Devils into doing this but I would like to see us try.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Adam Henrique. I think he is going to be a good one and to have on a line Boedker. In the same age group as our young guys so could be a coyote for a long time and the young guns could grow together. No idea what we could use to entice the Devils into doing this but I would like to see us try.

Devils will surely overvalue him after his rookie season. It would cost way too much.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think we are setting our sites way too low. Teams are going to be hit hard by a transition to 50/50 split and the effects on the cap. Teams will be desperate and we will be able to seek a kings ransom as long as we take on cap hit.

I think a tam like the Flyers who without Pronger need a minute munching d man. Briere may not like it but he may have to be moved and Phoenix may be the only option.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I would prefer not to trade away assets at this time. And it depends on the new CBA. I'm guessing that the CBA will favor the Coyotes in that they are at the bottom of payroll compared to other teams. I also expect an amnesty buy-out which may make Lombardi or Connelly available.
Next season's Off-Season may make some top line centers available without teams seriously competing for their services like in seasons before.
I think it would be in the best interest of Jamison & Co to focus on their 1st full season (and off-season) and not to worry about this season (if there is one). But then again if one of those GMDM type of opportunities presents itself, then who knows.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box

Probably wont happen since we have similar strengths (abundance of defensemen) and similar needs (lack of scoring forwards)

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'd like to trade the 130 games for $5M of Rusty Klesla for a young (under 25) forward who can start in the top 9 starting next fall.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I would prefer not to trade away assets at this time. And it depends on the new CBA. I'm guessing that the CBA will favor the Coyotes in that they are at the bottom of payroll compared to other teams. I also expect an amnesty buy-out which may make Lombardi or Connelly available.
Next season's Off-Season may make some top line centers available without teams seriously competing for their services like in seasons before.
I think it would be in the best interest of Jamison & Co to focus on their 1st full season (and off-season) and not to worry about this season (if there is one). But then again if one of those GMDM type of opportunities presents itself, then who knows.

Along with our low cap number, we also don't have any bad contracts on the roster right now. That should be a huge advantage.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd like to trade the 130 games for $5M of Rusty Klesla for a young (under 25) forward who can start in the top 9 starting next fall.

He's a quality vet on a reasonable contract at a position we are loaded. He might be the best person to trade on the roster when you consider his value to other teams vs what it would hurt to lose him. He's our only physical dman atm but another year of developing for some of our young guys should still make him expendable.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I was just thinking, if we had this Hanzel guy along with Hanzal our center problems would be solved :laugh:

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
I think we are setting our sites way too low. Teams are going to be hit hard by a transition to 50/50 split and the effects on the cap. Teams will be desperate and we will be able to seek a kings ransom as long as we take on cap hit.

I think a tam like the Flyers who without Pronger need a minute munching d man. Briere may not like it but he may have to be moved and Phoenix may be the only option.

Would you guys give up Yandle or Gormley for Briere?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe a 3rd

Five foot nine inch, 36 year old center with a six point five million dollar cap hit, two years removed from a 49 point season is not worth much more. Especially considering what Derek Roy and Mike Ribeiro fetched at the draft. I'd go as high as a 2nd rounder maybe.

Plus, guy has a NMC. What team can actually afford him that he'd actually be willing to go to? It's not like we will have competition. At least not much. Either Philly wants to Dave the cap space or they don't. We will have other options. They might not.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Five foot nine inch, 36 year old center with a six point five million dollar cap hit, two years removed from a 49 point season is not worth much more. Especially considering what Derek Roy and Mike Ribeiro fetched at the draft. I'd go as high as a 2nd rounder maybe.

Plus, guy has a NMC. What team can actually afford him that he'd actually be willing to go to? It's not like we will have competition. At least not much. Either Philly wants to Dave the cap space or they don't. We will have other options. They might not.

Briere's salary after this lost season is only 3 mil. next season, and 2 mil. the following season. Cap hit is irrelevant with us because we wont be spending to the max if there is one, and if they get rid of the cap it is completely meaningless. I'd take Briere on the team over Steve Sullivan personally. But you're right, I wouldn't give up much for him. Especially not Yandle or even Gormley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad