who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I'd trade Yandle for Couturier and a top six pick in an instant. I can't believe Philly would go for it, though.

I think it is possible if Holmgren is willing to overpay, but I do think it will take more than Yandle to get those 2 pieces, maybe the 'Yotes #1, maybe a top prospect.

The Flyers need a good puck moving type d-man to get back into contention. Getting a top draft pick ain't going to do it (they really don't need another top forward prospect and the odds are against them to get Seth Jones). No one is available in free agency. Yandle would be a perfect fit with the Flyers. He would actually have more value to the Flyers than he does with the Coyotes. It's all about the Flyers getting back to the playoffs and the availability of player to get them there. I do think the possibility is real that the Flyers will over pay for Yandle, they have the assets to make a trade for KY.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Would a package including some combo of Klesla, Moss, Summers, Tikhonov, and/or picks (not the 1st) be enough to grab us a decent scoring forward?

I would think so. GM's always over pay at the trade deadline,and the way it looks D will be at a premium. We have alot of pieces that we can dangle. For me, everyone on this team except OEL is available. GMDM could really load up on talent and picks, and this is a very deep draft.

HanzalSoHotRightNow

Mar 23, 2013
East Lansing
I can't see the team trading Klesla or Smith but I would like them to acquire someone who can bring some life to this offense.
Why didn't they resign Brule? I think the team could've benefited from having him this season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can't see the team trading Klesla or Smith but I would like them to acquire someone who can bring some life to this offense.
Why didn't they resign Brule? I think the team could've benefited from having him this season.

Didn't Brule get cut from a Swiss team?

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
if we can pull it off .... I would like to see GMDM pull off a deal for
Kopecy or Fleischman to play with Hanzal and Vrbata.
comments???

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Any coyotes rumors around anywhere? You guys seem to be able to find all the guys that mention them. Has anybody looked lately?

I'm sure Maloney is waiting to see what happens with Smith and how the team responds against the Wings. There's actually relatively little that must be done at the deadline. Chips like Klesla, Morris, Yandle etc... are under contract for next season. About the only two I could see being moved at the deadline are Raffi and Gordon. Trading for Yandle would likely cost your team a key piece if you are in the playoffs, and teams at the bottom are better off letting current players play out the string to evaluate them.

That being said, if someone wants to do something stupid I'm sure Maloney will be there to help them along.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
if we can pull it off .... I would like to see GMDM pull off a deal for
Kopecy or Fleischman to play with Hanzal and Vrbata.
comments???

If the price on Kopecky is right I might have interest, don't see a scenario that Fleischmann comes here.

If we move Gordon at the deadline or lose him as a UFA I'd be curious to see if we could get Goc out of Florida.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm sure Maloney is waiting to see what happens with Smith and how the team responds against the Wings. There's actually relatively little that must be done at the deadline. Chips like Klesla, Morris, Yandle etc... are under contract for next season. About the only two I could see being moved at the deadline are Raffi and Gordon. Trading for Yandle would likely cost your team a key piece if you are in the playoffs, and teams at the bottom are better off letting current players play out the string to evaluate them.

That being said, if someone wants to do something stupid I'm sure Maloney will be there to help them along.

If a team needs D for the playoff run, they will go after a player with or without a contract next year, especially if their contract is reasonable and most of ours are.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If Smith isn't re-signed, I see four options for next year's goalie: sign Thomas, or trade for Bishop, Neuvirth, or Hiller (as unlikely as a trade with the Ducks may be)

Other than that, I think we'll see our key free agents re-signed: Chipchura, Gordon, C. Johnson (UFAs), plus Boedker, Korpikoski, Stone, and Klinkhammer (RFAs). I'm assuming UFAs Sullivan, Lombardi, and LaBarbera are cut loose, and there probably isn't room up front for Torres (UFA) either.

To my count, that leaves just 2 spots open: a No. 1 centre and a second line winger. I still think our depth on D allows GMDM to revisit a Yandle trade, and the Flyers may have the pieces to make that work. Couturier and their 1st should be definites. There's also potential here for a bigger deal, if we include Vermette and they throw in Briere.

Free agency for a winger: Ideally we’re looking for size, speed, and natural scoring talent (what GM isn’t?), all for a great price. Some options include: Brad Boyes, Clarke MacArthur, Michael Ryder, Nathan Horton, Valterri Filppula. Pencil in what you like at the $3M-$4M range.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Smith isn't re-signed, I see four options for next year's goalie: sign Thomas, or trade for Bishop, Neuvirth, or Hiller (as unlikely as a trade with the Ducks may be)

Other than that, I think we'll see our key free agents re-signed: Chipchura, Gordon, C. Johnson (UFAs), plus Boedker, Korpikoski, Stone, and Klinkhammer (RFAs). I'm assuming UFAs Sullivan, Lombardi, and LaBarbera are cut loose, and there probably isn't room up front for Torres (UFA) either.

To my count, that leaves just 2 spots open: a No. 1 centre and a second line winger. I still think our depth on D allows GMDM to revisit a Yandle trade, and the Flyers may have the pieces to make that work. Couturier and their 1st should be definites. There's also potential here for a bigger deal, if we include Vermette and they throw in Briere.

Free agency for a winger: Ideally we’re looking for size, speed, and natural scoring talent (what GM isn’t?), all for a great price. Some options include: Brad Boyes, Clarke MacArthur, Michael Ryder, Nathan Horton, Valterri Filppula. Pencil in what you like at the $3M-$4M range.

Toronto is also going to need to move a goalie at some point as well when they deal for a goalie. The Blues as well if Jake Allen is in their top 2. Vokoun out of Pitsburgh is an option. Khabby will be available. The market for goalies is remarkably better than it was when we originally signed Smith. We have options and with the cap dropping you can't really horde an expensive backup.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs go for Khabibulin at the deadline, particularly if they're still holding down a playoff spot. Clearly Reimer is the starter, but Bulin gives some insurance. IIRC, they discussed Bulin last year but weren't interested in his remaining term. Now he's a pending UFA and should only cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would love to see Detroit get Yandle not sure what Phoenix would want from Detroit for him maybe I could see Nyquist and I'm sure they would want Smith and I would be willing to trade Smith for Yandle that's problably the only player I would trade Smith for. Maybe Filppula, Nyquist and Smith from Detroit for Keith Yandle maybe a 2nd on the conditions that Filppula would sign with Phoenix.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Filppula will cost you way more then $3m-$4m range try more like $5m-$5.5m range If he were to only cost In the $3m-$4m range Detroit would have already had him resigned.

RafaNadal

Jul 8, 2011
Would love to see Detroit get Yandle not sure what Phoenix would want from Detroit for him maybe I could see Nyquist and I'm sure they would want Smith and I would be willing to trade Smith for Yandle that's problably the only player I would trade Smith for. Maybe Filppula, Nyquist and Smith from Detroit for Keith Yandle maybe a 2nd on the conditions that Filppula would sign with Phoenix.

GMDM would never trade yandle for another defenseman. Need scooooring

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs go for Khabibulin at the deadline, particularly if they're still holding down a playoff spot. Clearly Reimer is the starter, but Bulin gives some insurance. IIRC, they discussed Bulin last year but weren't interested in his remaining term. Now he's a pending UFA and should only cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

See and I view Mike Smith as a perfect "rental" player for the Leafs.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm thinking Feaster goes full Pejorative Slur, sells of his older, more expensive vets for futures and then instead of calling it a day like a reasonable person, he'll immediately parlay them into slightly younger but equally expensive veterens. My magic eightball shows me Mike Green will be a Flame before too long. Washington needs a culture change desperately and Green fits the mold perfectly as as an ill advised Jay Feaster blueline acquisition.

That might put Washington in the Yandle market. I love Washington as a potential partner for a Yandle deal. Filip Forsberg is great. Their first rounder will probably be after five but before ten, and could possibly be in play.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
GMDM would never trade yandle for another defenseman. Need scooooring

I think we still pick up a D to guarantee eight healthy defenseman who can play:

OEL
Morris
Klesla
Michalek
Schlemko
Stone
--------
Rundblad
Summers
XXXXXXXX

Someone will not be healthy at some point, and if we pick up someone who is an average 2nd liner or 5/6 with some upside, but a lower ceiling - slot him in with Schlemko or Stone. Obviously, we could simply keep Rundblad and Summers up, but there is a reason why we do have them in the NHL only for brief periods at a time.

That Filpulla/Nyquist offer of forwards is intriguing. Is Abdelkader a possibility instead of Nyquist?

I just don't know if we'd be as keen on offering Yandle to a Western Conference team...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That Filpulla/Nyquist offer of forwards is intriguing. Is Abdelkader a possibility instead of Nyquist?

I just don't know if we'd be as keen on offering Yandle to a Western Conference team...

Gold Jerry. Gold.

Yandle has been linked to Philly, Washington and Pittsburgh the most from what I've read. Ottawa and Detroit have kicked the tires but didn't like the price.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
For those that don't peruse the trade board

Andrew Dintino ‏@ADintino_TOU
Paul Holmgren and Don Maloney (GM of Phoenix) having a conversation in the Consol Energy Center press box. #Flyers
https://twitter.com/ADintino_TOU/sta...51089688145920

Rick TocchetVerified account ‏@RealRocket22

Don Maloney GM for Phx at Pens Flyers game ..have a feeling there could be a Phx Flyers deal in the future.
https://twitter.com/RealRocket22/sta...41658795597826

Maloney has been pretty heavy on Pittsburgh. Not sure what from their current roster he'd be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad