Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Absolutely. Take the leader lasso from his neck and free his game. He has incredible offensive talent. Great skater, great hands. Can be a real fire hydrant at times in his own end but last half of last year was a real force on the ice. His contract actually is not that bad.
Exactly I think the Habs are one of the only teams that can trade for OEL while actually fixing the Coyotes draft pick problem also. Not sure the Habs fans that are afraid of OEL contract if we are able to trade Domi and Alzner and its basically a wash in terms of cap hit.

Reactions: montreal

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Let's settle this thread

Hall won't be joining another bottom 10 team in the league at discount , so Remove habs
OEL has a NMC , No way he's gonna waive to to join another bottom tier club. He doesn't give a shit about the return.
for Laine hes RFA and wants money , we have rfa power and the money

Simple choice.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I watched the Blues win the Cup and Pietrangelo was dominant. He has the type of game that ages well. I'd be all over that signing. It still leaves the team with it's biggest problem though. Small forwards who cant score.

As I wrote..signing Pietrangelo would open a major trade involving Petry because Pietrangelo is a right d as well.

Then you can target a big fish on the wing

Reactions: azcanuck

Engelwood

Jul 1, 2018
As both a Jets and a Habs fan I can say the Jets would likely have more interest in Danault over Domi. As would most teams attempting to contend for the cup. He is a 40-50 point C that is among the top as a defensive center. But then a package around Danault would likely be Danault, Tier 1 Prospect(Caufield), First Round Pick and Tier 3 Prospect.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Laine is my choice. He can play either wing and plying on his off wing (LW) just maximizes the exploitation of his elite shot. The question remains just how much it would cost to get Laine. I'm definitely willing to give WIN Domi as a C option but, for the 22 yr-old Laine that will be entering the final year of a 2-year, 6.75M bridge contract, that's not nearly enough.

I would give Domi, our 2020 1st rounder (16th OA), our 2021 1st rounder, and one of Harris or Norlinder, plus one of Juulsen or Fleury.

That's one C who scored 72 points on a team with no real fire power, two first rounders, a LD prospect and a RD prospect. I'd even add Poelhing to the mix.

Laine - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Ylonen

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
As both a Jets and a Habs fan I can say the Jets would likely have more interest in Danault over Domi. As would most teams attempting to contend for the cup. He is a 40-50 point C that is among the top as a defensive center. But then a package around Danault would likely be Danault, Tier 1 Prospect(Caufield), First Round Pick and Tier 3 Prospect.
Not so sure about caufield + 1st , Danault would probably be traded and signed if this were to happen. Habs are giving alot more than with domi

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Let's settle this thread

Hall won't be joining another bottom 10 team in the league at discount , so Remove habs
OEL has a NMC , No way he's gonna waive to to join another bottom tier club. He doesn't give a shit about the return.
for Laine hes RFA and wants money , we have rfa power and the money

Simple choice.

1- why do you presume Bergevin would look for a discount when he offered more for Duchene than Nashville did?

Hall will go where the money is.

2- You don't know how OEL percieves Montreal.

3- Winnipeg could always sign him and then trade

Nothing's settled

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
1- why do you presume Bergevin would look for a discount when he offered more for Duchene than Nashville did?

Nothing's settled
He's just very down on the thought of trading for oel. Which is fine we all have different opinions and different ways to build the team.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Nothing's settled

Why are you enthusiastic of acquiring Ekman-Larsson if you're pro-rebuilding?

OB5

May 2, 2015
This is like asking if I want a Ferrari, a BMW or a Mercedes. All good but one clearly above the rest.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I would give Domi, our 2020 1st rounder (16th OA), our 2021 1st rounder, and one of Harris or Norlinder, plus one of Juulsen or Fleury

Christ in heaven my man!

You realize you just offered five players for one player.

You could just offer sheet him maximum contract and you'd give up less!

Reactions: Pickles

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
The Jets lack grit, something Mtl has in abundance. The Habs lack scoring talent. Laine can score, his aimed wrist shots are equivalent to a slapshot. There are plenty of talented scorers on the Jets the problem is that they get pushed around easily especially after Byfuglien has gone.
Another problem is that I have a #29 Laine jersey and I don't want to give that up

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In a nutshell, Laine, but Hall would be free, so... .

If the package is Danautl, Domi, Poehling, 2nd or something along those lines Id do it for Laine.

Not sure its worth it to give up Caufield for Laine, who should fill a similar role while being cheaper.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Laine is my choice. He can play either wing and plying on his off wing (LW) just maximizes the exploitation of his elite shot. The question remains just how much it would cost to get Laine. I'm definitely willing to give WIN Domi as a C option but, for the 22 yr-old Laine that will be entering the final year of a 2-year, 6.75M bridge contract, that's not nearly enough.

I would give Domi, our 2020 1st rounder (16th OA), our 2021 1st rounder, and one of Harris or Norlinder, plus one of Juulsen or Fleury.

That's one C who scored 72 points on a team with no real fire power, two first rounders, a LD prospect and a RD prospect. I'd even add Poelhing to the mix.

Laine - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Ylonen
why would the Jets want Juulsen or Fleury? We have 3 seconds and 2 thirds this year. I'm sure those will be in play along with first rounders. Domi doesnt have much value for an elite player.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The Jets lack grit, something Mtl has in abundance. The Habs lack scoring talent. Laine can score, his aimed wrist shots are equivalent to a slapshot. There are plenty of talented scorers on the Jets the problem is that they get pushed around easily especially after Byfuglien has gone.
Another problem is that I have a #29 Laine jersey and I don't want to give that up

Wait what ? Where do you see grit in our forward group ? It’s one of the main problem with the lack of scoring on the wing, a good puck moving LD and #2 goalie

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

Nothing's settled
1- no reason for Hall to sign with a team that achieved 24th and have 2 unknown centers for him.

2. Stop with the Oel , dude lived in Arizona since he was drafted , he's not gonna join this shit hole.

For Duchene look what happened , he said f*** off.

3- Laine won't control his destiny unlike others

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Wait what ? Where do you see grit in our forward group ? It’s one of the main problem with the lack of scoring on the wing, a good puck moving LD and #2 goalie

What? No its not. Unless you're confusing grit with size. Which is not the same thing at all.

And Montreal doesn't need grit at all, they need shooting talent on the wings and some more size/reach.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly I think the Habs are one of the only teams that can trade for OEL while actually fixing the Coyotes draft pick problem also. Not sure the Habs fans that are afraid of OEL contract if we are able to trade Domi and Alzner and its basically a wash in terms of cap hit.

Agreed. If that deal is there, that is a great return for the Habs. We would have one of the best D in the NHL in front of Price and we can roll the forward lines. This would be a great team strategy and give other teams fits. Need to find goal scoring wingers though to add to the mix

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
why would the Jets want Juulsen or Fleury? We have 3 seconds and 2 thirds this year. I'm sure those will be in play along with first rounders. Domi doesnt have much value for an elite player.

Laine has an elite level shot but is not an elite level player IMO. He is good but not that good. You are treating Laine like he is a young Ovi when he is putting up Patch numbers on wing.... at a younger age yes but Laine does play with some serious top 6 talent. His career stats are 66 pts and 37 goals and he needs to be watched and sheltered cause he doesn't like to play D.

Why would the Jets want a RD? I think you should rethink that one

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

Same with Laine and the Jets.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Laine has an elite level shot but is not an elite level player IMO. He is good but not that good. You are treating Laine like he is a young Ovi when he is putting up Patch numbers on wing.... at a younger age yes but Laine does play with some serious top 6 talent. His career stats are 66 pts and 37 goals and he needs to be watched and sheltered cause he doesn't like to play D.

Why would the Jets want a RD? I think you should rethink that one

My offer would center around Danault, Domi and our 1st because the Jets are probably looking for players now, not guys like Caufield who'll be ready in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00