Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don’t understand the hate about Hall.. i mean. He could be our best forward since radulov and people doesnt want him. Is it better to have a small tatar/byron/domi or a 6 feet 1 guy with an average of 1 point/game. Thats a no brainer. And you acquire for on’y money. Molson money! You get ride of tatar next summer if the cap space stress you

Reactions: MarkyMarkov

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
people calling Laine overrated

hlaqaf4.gif

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
OEL really wouldn't cost that much it would mostly be picks and Alzner going the other way to balance out the cap plus it gives the Yotes more picks that they desperately need to restart there rebuild. They are missing a 1st 2nd and 3rd this draft and are missing a 1st and maybe a 2nd next draft. We have the picks and then some to fix there problem in one trade.

If we dont give up a good roster player, were going to have to send back two 1st round picks

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If we dont give up a good roster player, were going to have to send back two 1st round picks

I doubt that very much, if he would even agree to come here, that contract is going to be brutal. Not many teams are going to want to be paying him 10.5M in salary for his age 30 and 31 seasons if the cap stays flat after next year and there's no fans.

I just don't think many are really seeing how f***ing terrible no fans is going to be on some owners.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Laine would do incredible things to habs pp. Teams always cheat to defend Laine which completely opens up the middle. I'd bet on a easy +20 goal season for weber

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Laine will cost us too much in trade.
Hall would be only caps space..
Ekman Larson.. rather give a chance to Romanov.

at the end for me its Hall. give the guy a chance with good surroundings.. isnt that whybwe have Weber and Price.. he could be a 90 pts player with us.

trade some players we would give for Laine and get some prospects instead.. if cap is the issue.

I would be thrilled.

off course at the end.. anything bergevin can do to really improve the team would be welcome.. we all know he rarely does that.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I'd go with Hall. I mean...it seems clear that MB has made his bed with Price and Weber and he won't be trading any of them anytime soon unless they want out. So we'll need some fire power on the wings if we want to give our best shot at the Cup in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Runner77

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Would require a lot of work to fit them under the cap and to accommodate the trade demands of two teams.

This team needs a lot of help to be competitive. Sure the post season wasn't so bad. I'm glad they scored 5 goals twice but it just doesn't describe correctly their poor showing when it comes to scoring. 13 goals in 6 playoff games is pretty bad. It's above 2 goals a game, but is it? Two games with 5 goals (10 total) and 4 games with 3 goals (total). As it has always been, consistency is so poor. Against the Rangers it was 11 goals in 6 games, so they improved...

This team will not win under MB. It's time for a change. Dreaming about players is fun, but once October, November go by and he does nothing important... We will be here again.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This team needs a lot of help to be competitive. Sure the post season wasn't so bad. I'm glad they scored 5 goals twice but it just doesn't describe correctly their poor showing when it comes to scoring. 13 goals in 6 playoff games is pretty bad. It's above 2 goals a game, but is it? Two games with 5 goals (10 total) and 4 games with 3 goals (total). As it has always been, consistency is so poor. Against the Rangers it was 11 goals in 6 games, so they improved...

This team will not win under MB. It's time for a change. Dreaming about players is fun, but once October, November go by and he does nothing important... We will be here again.

Against the Rangers the Habs were completely massacred. The reason that they couldn't score that series was because they were an inferior team, they couldn't gain the offensive zone to save their lives.

That's not what I saw against Philadelphia. Honestly I think that the Habs were the better team that series, or at worst they were an even team. However, sometimes lucky bounces don't work. The Habs forwards hit a ridiculous number of posts. That's quite different than against the Rangers, where the Habs didn't even belong on the same ice.

And I think that if just one of those three players had been added,the Habs would have cruised past the Flyers.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Laine but he will be very expensive.
Hall is a declining asset, often injured, will demand big money over long term, has played for 3 teams and never improved them, and simply doesnt move the needle.
I've watched OEL here for years. He's a very soft player and is not a leader. A terrible captain but the dude is talented and on the whole comes to play. He is very talented, and with his contract he could possibly be had for a lot less then his value. Montreal could absorb that contract. He's still has a lot of years left.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Laine but he will be very expensive.
Hall is a declining asset, often injured, will demand big money over long term, has played for 3 teams and never improved them, and simply doesnt move the needle.
I've watched OEL here for years. He's a very soft player and is not a leader. A terrible captain but the dude is talented and on the whole comes to play. He is very talented, and with his contract he could possibly be had for a lot less then his value. Montreal could absorb that contract. He's still has a lot of years left.
Hab's don't need a leader out of OEL we have Weber for that. We need OEL to fix our putrid power play. I will even add having OEL surrounded with leaders in Weber and Price will keep the heat off him so he can do his own thing.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Pietrangelo. The Best UFA by far..sorry Hall.

Then it gives you options to trade Domi and Petry...and you can target a Guy like Laine.
I watched the Blues win the Cup and Pietrangelo was dominant. He has the type of game that ages well. I'd be all over that signing. It still leaves the team with it's biggest problem though. Small forwards who cant score.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Hab's don't need a leader out of OEL we have Weber for that. We need OEL to fix our putrid power play. I will even add having OEL surrounded with leaders in Weber and Price will keep the heat off him so he can do his own thing.
Absolutely. Take the leader lasso from his neck and free his game. He has incredible offensive talent. Great skater, great hands. Can be a real fire hydrant at times in his own end but last half of last year was a real force on the ice. His contract actually is not that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad