Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
that's MB's plan though, unless of course he changes direction again. Romanov, Caufield, Kotka, Suzuki, Norlinder, plus others, we likely go nowhere unless we hit on most of them which that alone is a tall order. We couldn't win with Price, Markov, Subban, Pac, now we have to hope that we can build a team around a 1-2 center punch for a change but who knows if that will work or not or how long it will take.
Indeed if we follow the road of the youngster , we might just sell our vets.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Subban was traded because Nashville wanted offensive players and have money to sign forwards. Let that sink in. You do trade Petry if u get OEL , useless to run 3 dmans in the 30s at 7m+ each of them. You still havent fixed the forward problems after all that.

Also Pittsburgh lost because they shat the bed. I don't care what people say , they threw hardcore . Chocked a 3-1 lead and went 1/8 pp game 1. Should have been a 3-0 right quick . Also never seen Malkin so garbage in his career.

Question my hockey knowledge all you want but i banked enough already from NHL and NBA playoff to buy myself a new 3k computer , rofl. Damn right Price played better in those playoffs than he did during the season , what kind of stupid mentality is that. He was .950 before game 5 and 6. LOOOOOOOOOOL Stop pretending this team is a playoff team with OEL and because Suzuki and KK had a great 10 games stretch . while literally all the wingers were dogshit. 1 problem is fixed and huge problem joins in because god knows this team can't be working all together at any time

Subban was traded cause the Preds had cap issues and they felt Subban was not worth his contract. They were right!

You are going to pick up a LD in OEL and trade a RD in Petry where in 3 years, you are left with no Weber or Petry. Nice plan bud :facepalm:.

Danault and Petry need to stay. Pick one of Gallagher and Tatar. Unload Byron and Kulak. If Romanov shows ability to play top 4 LD sooner than 2 years, you trade Chiarot for a solid futures return. It's not that complicated. And I've look at this in many different possibilities. We need to be careful but not go in cocoon mode bud :laugh:

The spot we are in right now is the value years cause we have youth coming in on ELC and bridge deals for the next 2-5 years. Combine that with the years Price and Weber have left and we are not in a terrible spot. Very far from it

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I would love to have Laine. But he would be in the dog house in about 2 months. Fighting for ice time vs byron. Also i dont know why hall cant stick to a team. What is he doing or not doing. So put me in the Ekman pack.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Subban was traded cause the Preds had cap issues and they felt Subban was not worth his contract. They were right!

You are going to pick up a LD in OEL and trade a RD in Petry where in 3 years, you are left with no Weber or Petry. Nice plan bud :facepalm:.

Danault and Petry need to stay. Pick one of Gallagher and Tatar. Unload Byron and Kulak. If Romanov shows ability to play RD sooner than 2 years, you trade Chiarot for a solid futures return. It's not that complicated. And I've look at this in many different possibilities. We need to be careful but not go in cocoon mode man :laugh:

Absolutely Danault and petry need to stay.

I've dreaded the Danault trade because then I'll have to read about for the next three years how we need a defensive third line center who can win draws and chip in on offense, just like I had to with eller.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Nope, we will balance the two together. However, if we fall flat on our face next year, it's very possible we dig into selling some expiring contracts a bit more. There is no linear plan here. And think of it this way... We have value years with our youth coming in on ELC/Bridge deals while we still have Price and Weber.

The time to do bigger movement towards youth is after Price and Weber are gone. Weber might be 3 years and Price is easier to trade when he has less term left and the cap is much higher. At that point, our youth today is in their prime and the prospect are in the 20-25 range.

Price + Trident + 3 centers performing well. We got a sniff of this this past playoffs but we need to improve our PP and add better wingers. And you think OEL and Hall is a bad idea. :facepalm:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Danault and Petry need to stay. Pick one of Gallagher and Tatar. Unload Byron and Kulak. If Romanov shows ability to play top 4 LD sooner than 2 years, you trade Chiarot for a solid futures return. It's not that complicated. And I've look at this in many different possibilities. We need to be careful but not go in cocoon mode bud :laugh:

The spot we are in right now is the value years cause we have youth coming in on ELC and bridge deals for the next 2-5 years. Combine that with the years Price and Weber have left and we are not in a terrible spot. Very far from it
Who's stupid plan was to trade Subban for Weber again? Like i said the problems starts here. The Weber trade dont make senses anymore because that player was good if the team was already playoff bound. Now we are stuck with him and probably will rot in Montreal. Whos fault was it , ah yes Bergevin with his special mastermind. Now he wants to re-tool but hes gonna re-tool with aging vets once again.

Danault won't stay if he wants top 6 minute paycheck , he won't get them.
Petry should be not be staying if asking more than 3 years at 6.5m~.
You say that you need to take decision then take them. This team just finished 24th and missed the playoff for a 4th 5 times in years. Minus Suzuki and KK that showed sign of life in those 10 games. The rest has been putrid. Gallagher Tatar are turning 30 soon , Petry Weber and Price are aging. At this point maybe the option would be to trade Petry and acquire a younger RHD. We have enough assets to get 2 new top 6 wingers , and 2 d-mans and still have some veterans to play around.
This team have the luxury to play with tons of picks and salarial cap and chose whos to sign and who not to.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Hall is a headcase all the way back to the spitfires(primadona of the worse kind, if people thought PK was bad....), but not requiring assets would allow us to move other parts to acquire things like EL. Laine would be best for our future/existing core. Managing the cap will take a lot more work next season. If we keep the right parts and move some of the more replaceable(with young talent) parts we should be fine. Though that then asks what to do with price, petry and weber. (Reminds me of running man, price, whitman and hudot. )

Reactions: angusyoung

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The Jets lack grit, something Mtl has in abundance. The Habs lack scoring talent. Laine can score, his aimed wrist shots are equivalent to a slapshot. There are plenty of talented scorers on the Jets the problem is that they get pushed around easily especially after Byfuglien has gone.
Another problem is that I have a #29 Laine jersey and I don't want to give that up
:eek: What montreal team are you watching, the Impact or the Alouettes?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

sadly I don't think so as I have no faith in MB to do what's right, yes he'll see off the cheap vets like Thompson that get us the lots of 4th and 5th round picks he's loaded up on lately (18 of them from '18 to '21 drafts at least for now)

but we'll see what happens next summer with Tatar, Petry, Gallagher, Danault, if he holds on all and then loses some for nothing so we can get a wildcard spot cause once you are in anything can happen.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I was reading up Dom's list on The Athletic for the top UFAs and I read something interesting. Apparently one of Hall's top comparable is another injury prone fast winger in the shape of Marian Gaborik. Would you be pissed if we ended up signing Hall at a 8M deal for 7 years and he turned out to be Gaborik 2.0? For the record Gaborik had two 40+ goals season with the Rangers. He signed 5 years at a 7.5M AAV back in the day.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We should trade for OEL so we can finish 20th instead of 24th instead
Depending on the cost, if Phoenix is trying to shed a lot of salary and are desperate, we might be able to pry him away without giving up a lot of the roster. OEL would absolutely change our dynamic, more so than Laine or Hall.
OEL-Weber-Petry is a terrific top 3D. It can rival any other one in the league. If Romanov comes in to have a rookie year similar to the one Sergachev had, well that's a really strong top 4. Pushing Chiarot down to the bottom pair would be perfect.

We should definitely be a PO team if we add OEL.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Absolutely Danault and petry need to stay.

I've dreaded the Danault trade because then I'll have to read about for the next three years how we need a defensive third line center who can win draws and chip in on offense, just like I had to with eller.

Danault doesn't have to stay. If we're going to go with Suzuki and KK, we can trade Danault and get a cheaper checking line center who's just going to be used in a defensive role.
Doesn't make much sense to extend Danault to 5M+ just for a 3rd line role.

Jul 6, 2016
Danault doesn't have to stay. If we're going to go with Suzuki and KK, we can trade Danault and get a cheaper checking line center who's just going to be used in a defensive role.
Doesn't make much sense to extend Danault to 5M+ just for a 3rd line role.

KK has not proved anything yet. Danault must be kept.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
KK has not proved anything yet. Danault must be kept.
Correct, KK hasn't proven anything yet. Neither has Suzuki for that matter. But we know our future up front relies on those two leading the way. KK is entering year 3, I do not want him on the 3rd line yet again playing with a revolving door of wingers barely getting 13min of ice time.
If Danault is here, we know Julien will heavily rely on him. There's no point for this, we know it's not good enough.
We don't have to start the year with Danault off the team, but given he's a UFA by the end of next season, I rather we move him ASAP. Move Domi as well. Get wingers for both Suzuki and KK, then bring in a depth checking center.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
The Jets lack grit, something Mtl has in abundance. The Habs lack scoring talent. Laine can score, his aimed wrist shots are equivalent to a slapshot. There are plenty of talented scorers on the Jets the problem is that they get pushed around easily especially after Byfuglien has gone.
Another problem is that I have a #29 Laine jersey and I don't want to give that up
With all the respect in the world, are you high?

Reactions: Kimota

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Laine without question.

We would be able to offer the package to get him as well imho. It wont be cheap though.......Domi + 2020 1st wont cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad