Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

Who would you rather acquire: Laine, Hall, or Ekman-Larsson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Assume that the players would come in costing reasonable salary cap / trade assets. Obviously if Bergevin can swindle another GM that better, but don't assume that here.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If given the choice, I'd choose Laine. Youngest of the bunch and fills a need in a big way. We can also move assets to make it more of a hockey trade also which longer term, helps us in terms of cap management.

Hall is ok as well. We'd have to move assets at some point to accommodate the cap hit.

OEL I used to want and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind him but do not think he fills our greatest need as of today.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'm nostalgic of the era when we could attract the best free agent in the summertime... It's the best period of the year to sign a superstar.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I didn't vote because my honest answer is that it depends how long Bergevin is our GM. If he's here to stay for another 5+ years then I would probably go with OEL he fills the biggest need and gives the best chance for us to have success with the core of Weber/Price, which with MB here to stay we know he's going to stick with. I might go with Hall if the cost to trade for OEL is particularly high.

If on the other hand MB was going to be fired pretty soon, I'd go with Laine since he's the best complement to the young core of Suzuki/Kotkaniemi.

Pappazzz

Aug 25, 2020
I'm nostalgic of the era when we could attract the best free agent in the summertime... It's the best period of the year to sign a superstar.

I'm nostalgic of the era when the owners cared about icing a winning team, and nothing but a cup was unacceptable,

Now making the playoffs is the goal :(

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I'm nostalgic of the era when the owners cared about icing a winning team, and nothing but a cup was unacceptable,

Now making the playoffs is the goal :(

I remember something about passing a Torch, or is that just the Olympics ? :naughty:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wait when was that?

upload_2020-8-31_12-44-58.png

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
In terms of fit

1- Laine
2- OEL
3- Hall

But Hall would only cost cap space. So the real question is would you rather have Laine for 16, Domi, Caufield, OEL for Danualt, Brook, 16 or Hall with all our current picks and prospects?

It’s got to be Hall. Only problem we need to convince him to come here.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hall is free yeah but Laine has the highest potential, and frankly even if he doesn't meet his full potential his size and skill is a massive upgrade for us. I know he'll cost assets but I think it's worth it if that means we move forward with:

KK
Suzuki
Laine
Caufeild

as a young forward core. 2 of those players are gifted goal scorers. Good luck against that PP

Okay now I can stop daydreaming....

I'm fine with Hall but Laine would be amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad