Speculation: Who would you pick at 4-6

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I take Draisaitl at 4. Ehlers after that and a toss up between Ritchie, Kapanen and McCann after that. Ehlers is probably the cut off for me though where I'm disappointed the Islanders didn't defer. Not that I dislike Ritchie or Kapanen but there are too many question marks at that point. You even have to start looking at Fleury as a possibility at that point.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I can hope for something like this.

small.png
- Aaron Ekblad

small.png
- Sam Reinhart

small.png
- Michael Dal Colle

small.png
- Sam Bennett

small.png
- Leon Draisaitl

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
I feel like I've been hearing Dal Colle's name less and less as the season goes on. Did he trail off or did those behind him start elevating their games?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I feel like I've been hearing Dal Colle's name less and less as the season goes on. Did he trail off or did those behind him start elevating their games?
Apparently he looked absolutely lost and in over his head when Laughton wasn't drawing defensive duties.

ZeroPT*

Apparently he looked absolutely lost and in over his head when Laughton wasn't drawing defensive duties.

That's the impression I got. He's a good player but I can't help but feel as if he won't be able to be "the guy" for a team. I think hell end up like Milan Michalek without the injuries. A great top 6 winger with size and skating, but he'll never be the go to guy offensively, he'll need a catalyst on his line, which is why I think he's perfect for either CGY,FLA or NYI.
Calgary: alongside of Monahan
Florida:Barkov/Bjugstad
Isles: tavares

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If the 5 year averaging thing goes into effect, the Isles are never gonna defer. They know they're likely getting a top five pick next year with that rule in place.

Say hello to Reinhart and Dal Colle if that rule goes into effect.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If the 5 year averaging thing goes into effect, the Isles are never gonna defer. They know they're likely getting a top five pick next year with that rule in place.

Say hello to Reinhart and Dal Colle if that rule goes into effect.

Those would be my picks as well.

Reinhart- Bigger stronger version of RNH
Dal Colle- JVR/Bobby Ryan

I think they would work very well together. Reinhart is an incredible playmaker and Colle is a great sniper and great around the net.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I can't see any way the Islanders don't keep the pick this year and give us next year's. NHL teams don't assume they're going to suck a full year in advance, especially in advance of free agency. They're going to have a top ten pick and they're going to use it.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I can't see any way the Islanders don't keep the pick this year and give us next year's. NHL teams don't assume they're going to suck a full year in advance, especially in advance of free agency. They're going to have a top ten pick and they're going to use it.

top five pick

ZeroPT*

Which is still inside the top ten. Which is what matters for their right to defer. Which they will use.

Rumoured lottery changes, insanely good draft next year, Isles likely don't improve.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Since LD is going 1st overall, I'd take the one of the Sams + Ekblad when they fall to 4.

:sarcasm:

Ehlers is really enticing to me, if he's there.

But, I don't have a guy among LD, DC, and Ehlers that I'd really be banging the table for.

I'd trust Murray & Devine to make the right pick.

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
Unless they are slated to pick top 2, I'm beginning to think that the Islanders are going to give us the 2014 pick. If we are able to land two of Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle...what an unbelievable coup that will turn out to be. All for 4-5 months of Thomas Vanek.

:handclap:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can hope for something like this.

small.png
- Aaron Ekblad

small.png
- Sam Reinhart

small.png
- Michael Dal Colle

small.png
- Sam Bennett

small.png
- Leon Draisaitl

My dream for 2014:

small.png
from NYI - Aaron Ekblad

small.png
- Sam Reinhart

small.png
from EDM - Sam Bennett

The Islanders freak out about the 5 year average thing and opt to give the Sabres the pick this year even after winning the lottery.

The Oilers freak out after Ekblad goes first to Buffalo and trades the 3rd pick in a deal for Tyler Myers.

I would sooooo buy that 1, 2, 3 pick card with all three picks to Buffalo.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Think the whole discussion is moot. The Isles aren't giving us this year's pick.

I don't think they would have specifically negotiated top 10 protection into the deal if they didn't intend to use it.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If Dal Colle is still on the board with NYI's pick you take him. If not, I want Ehlers.

I don't think we're taking Draisatl unless we somehow miss out on Reinhart/Bennett (Which isn't happening) and the highly ranked wingers are off the board as well.

Last edited:

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Think the whole discussion is moot. The Isles aren't giving us this year's pick.

I don't think they would have specifically negotiated top 10 protection into the deal if they didn't intend to use it.

Counter-point: If they were dead-set on top 10 protection, the deferment wouldn't be optional.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
If Dal Colle is still on the board with NYI's pick you take him. If not, I want Ehlers.

I don't think we're taking Draisatl unless we somehow miss out on Reinhart/Bennett (Which isn't happening) and the highly ranked wingers are off the board as well.

Why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad