WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Gonna need to see the team that finished 6th in goals during the regular season to show up.

Hopefully the season sweep gives them some confidence heading into the series.

Pettersson isn't the only guy who needs to show up.

Hronek was bad. Hughes was below average by his standards. Miller was average at best by his standards.

The PP has to figure it out or we will not win this series.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Someone on the panel said Tuesday night, but now Miller just said in two days. Hmm which is it?

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
While the Canucks did struggle to get offense going, you have to give credit on Nashville's defensive system. Edmonton might not be as good defensively, which may open up some more offense for the Canucks

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
This series’ scoring will be night and day from round 1.

I think Oilers d is going to open the floodgates for our offence. But we’re so beat up, we need some guys to get healthier

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand why EDM are the overwhelming favs. Vancouver dominated them during the reg season. EDM fans are in for a rude awakening. This Canucks team is deep and plays a great system.
Because those regular season wins really don’t mean anything. Two were at the very start of the season. These are completely different teams.

Oilers have an insane amount of playoff experience over the Canucks - if they don’t win this, they are facing Leaf-like questions about their core.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Because those regular season wins really don’t mean anything. Two were at the very start of the season. These are completely different teams.

Oilers have an insane amount of playoff experience over the Canucks - if they don’t win this, they are facing Leaf-like questions about their core.
That last 2 games were in November and April. Not sure if you watched either of those games but Vancouver played EDM like a fiddle in both games. The Canucks have no issues shutting down McDrai.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I don't understand why EDM are the overwhelming favs. Vancouver dominated them during the reg season. EDM fans are in for a rude awakening. This Canucks team is deep and plays a great system.

As we see repeatedly, playoff is playoff, regular season records mean almost nothing, neither does home court advantage.

As we go further, the games get harder, stakes become higher.

Only easy game is last game, only easy team is the one you just beat.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Really need Petey to show up to stand a chance. I'm comfortable that we can slow McDrai down and exploit their D/G but the dam won't hold up forever, we need our center depth to actually come thru while our big blueline wears them down. If the matchups break down we're kinda f***ed tho

Reactions: LiveeviL

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Good. I'd rather be considered the "underdog". Zero pressure.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That last 2 games were in November and April. Not sure if you watched either of those games but Vancouver played EDM like a fiddle in both games. The Canucks have no issues shutting down McDrai.
What happened in November couldn’t be anymore irrelevant. And in April they had no McDavid. These aren’t the same Oilers you think they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad