World Cup: Who would you like to win the World Cup?

Who is your preferred winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I wasnt a big fan of all these strikes (Papin and Cantona were old didnt even remember they still played for France 1998.

This French team is better on the counter but not offensively.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I would like to see this team against Cafu,Rivaldo,Ronaldo,Leonardo and Roberto Carlos.
Yeah i remember some of the games were boring to watch too. Teams parked the bus against France. Thats hard for any team. And dont forget France had much pressure in the home Country. I bet near everybody would prefer to see the 1998 team (not only the WC performence) with Zidane and Deschamps.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I dont see a differnce. It was the same team with the same players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I dont see a differnce. It was the same team with the same players.
Take a look at the games then.
France played with Trez/Henry/Anelka with Djorkaeff, Pires and Zidane passing. Wiltord was on the bench.
They still were amazing defensively, but were explosive offensively.

Great great team.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Of a weak WC. The spanish team from 8 years ago would beat France easily.
I dont hope there destoying style win this. Its a role model for the next 4 years. So i never thought i would say this, but i would prefer England.
The Spanish team from 8 years ago would beat a couple of WC champions. And there would be little shame in it.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not that France didn't deserve to win...although I felt Croatia was a the better side outside of that 10 minute stretch when France punched them in the mouth & nabbed the 3rd n 4th goals...but I am disappointed that they were rewarded for their lack of ambition. Barely playing Fekir, not even bringing Rabiot, their 3 destroyer midfield, playing exclusively on the counter, etc.

They could've been even stronger if they knew how to play a better style, but a title is a title so no frenchman will give a shit...and rightfully so, I still love our wins in '54, '80 & '90. But it would've been better for football if they had lost to a croatian side that played a lot more like I wanted Jogi to play us.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Croatia, obviously.

But if we can't... From the favorites, France.
From the dark horses, Denmark.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
From where I stand, Messi needs this, but failing that then yeah Canada

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I root for African teams first and foremost, including teams that eliminate us from WC contention but this time I won't because clowns like Eto'o and Aboubakar opened their mouths before the confrontation, they can go to hell

Non-African team will be Croatia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad