World Cup: Who would you like to win the World Cup?

Who is your preferred winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What about Belgium-England in the final?

...if only to see Farage's head explode when a country that doesn't exist knocks off England...

That's a comment where you are asking for enemies, but i loved it ;)

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I don’t see any reason England has earned a right to look past Sweden, let alone Croatia.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Now that my original vote Belgium can no longer win, I'm contemplating switching to France. Especially if England reaches the final, since they have so many votes. France vs Croatia is more even.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
England. They have a very likeable team. But unfortunately I see another howler coming. Maybe two. A goalie mistake to take away from Pickford's MVP performance and Kyle Walker had a mistake free game against Sweden, so expect something stupid from him again.

Psyche! 3 - 1 England.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
They are the best team.

Of a weak WC. The spanish team from 8 years ago would beat France easily.
I dont hope there destoying style win this. Its a role model for the next 4 years. So i never thought i would say this, but i would prefer England.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Says a Portugal fan :laugh:

I'm German. If we are out i hope for the team who plays the best looking football.
I liked the French team from 1998. But this team has nothing special beside Mbappe.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tells a lot.
The french team from the 98 was all D who were incapable of breaking a defense down.

Reactions: Eisen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zidane played like crap.
And the final was playing D and praying. Zidane scored two headers on two corners.
How many do you think he scored in his career like that? Very few.

We beat Paraguay in ET with Blanc scoring. Beat Italy on penalties after a 0-0 draw.
Beat Croatia in a defensive affair with Thuram scoring his only two goals of his career.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
France had no worldclass striker 1998. They needed many chances to score a Goal + every team parked the bus in the own zone. Thats what France does many games this WC.
I would prefer Thuram, Desailly, Lizarazu,Deschamps,Zidane over the Players of this WC. Imagine this team had Mbappe.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France hasn't parked the bus.
Thuram/Desailly/Lizarazu/Blanc is arguably the best D ever.
But they had Djorkaeff, Zidane, Henry, Trezeguet, Papin, Cantona and Ginola.
Yet they produced zero offense.
They didn't have chances they missed, that's not true. They didn't have chances at all.

This french team is better offensively, like it or not.

Reactions: cgf

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
France hasn't parked the bus.
Thuram/Desailly/Lizarazu/Blanc is arguably the best D ever.
But they had Djorkaeff, Zidane, Henry, Trezeguet, Papin, Cantona and Ginola.
Yet they produced zero offense.
They didn't have chances they missed, that's not true. They didn't have chances at all.

This french team is better offensively, like it or not.

Well in 98, the strikers were Guivarch, Henry, Trezeguet and Dugarry. Henry and Trez were a bit older than Mbappé now but not on his level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad