World Cup: Who would you like to win the World Cup?

Who is your preferred winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Which of the remaining teams would you prefer to win?

Not who are the favourites to win, but who'd you like to do it.

I'd like to see Belgium go all the way, although I don't believe they can overcome both Brazil and then France.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
> Anybody but England
> Anybody but Mikael Lustig
> Anybody but Neymar

I'd like to see Uruguay or Croatia win it, because they're both smaller than Scotland. Preferably Uruguay and preferably beating England in the final, because in that case it would be an absolute certainty that Godin and Suarez would do something to produce enough English seethe to power the country for decades.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
France first and foremost, since I picked them in my office pool. :yo::laugh:
Next would be England, then Belgium
Followed by:
Croatia
Sweden
Russia (for the lol's)
Uruguay
Brazil - if we think Neymar is an embarrassment now, imagine how much he'd ramp it up in the finals. :help:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
1) Uruguay because their forward duo is brilliant and the team behind them is really hard working and likeable. Their light blue jerseys are also nice.

2) Croatia because they have nice midfielders who doesn’t handle the ball like a hand grenade.

3) Russia because of the laughs. The team is really boring and mediocre though. But the laughs...

4) Sweden because it would make Zlatan look dumb and irrelevant.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sweden. One of few teams without diving drama queens (not saying a Swede will never dive or do something stupid, but certainly less than most teams not being Japan (Zlatan not being there)).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sweden because there small size gives me hope that one day Canada can be some what decent. I kind of like the idea of England winning but my heritage is also that of Scotland which I side with more so its hard to cheer for the enemy England. Plus I cannot get over all those darn Spurs players. If Southgate started Welbeck over Kane he would get my support in an instant ;)

Also would like to see Russia win just for the celebrations across the country and within the stadium.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France obviously.
Though I don't think we will. I think we might be ousted friday because we don't like defensive matchups.
If we go through, I expect a win against Brazil/Belgium. But depending on the finalist, we might struggle again.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Sweden. Granqvist wins player of the tournament. Which means that the player of the tournament in the 2018 FIFA WC will be playing for my local second division team in Sweden.

Reactions: Casanova

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1. England: They are my favorite team
2. France: I picked them to win before the World Cup started
3. Chaos: Whichever potential finalists produces the most entertaining and exciting result

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1. England: They are my favorite team
2. France: I picked them to win before the World Cup started
3. Chaos: Whichever potential finalists produces the most entertaining and exciting result
Imagine being from Selkirk and wanting England to win

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Imagine being from Selkirk and wanting England to win

Historically my family comes from all over the British Isles so I have no real favoritism towards Scotland, Ireland, England, or Wales. England is usually the best and they are the only nation that actually made the World Cup so I generally cheer for England. Plus my girlfriend is from England and I've been there on vacation. There are probably more Ukrainian families in Selkirk than Scottish to be fair.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think France will win it, but I voted Croatia. I like the country and people. I would also be quite fine with Russia winning in principle, but I think that may open a can of worms - given that their team just isn't all that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->