Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It is in terms of who is playing. Surely you see losing your #2 C for whatever reason hurts your team. This is when you know you are trying too hard.
Nice to see you admitting you’re trying too hard.
If a player does something selfish and idiotic like Kadri did that’s on him.
Not the same as an injury. Not close.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Maybe just for forwards. Leafs lack any type of of depth outside of scoring

Boston's defense is far more talented

Also Boston's top line arguably better than the leafs'

The Leafs offensive depth is significantly deeper than Boston's.

On defense, let's be honest each team has two solid offensive D-men right now with Rielly and Krug leading the way for each squad. It's a wash as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it's debatable as far as which team is more offensively gifted. The Leafs for instance have 8 players will 20+ points right now, the B's 5.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Hoo boy, for the sake of the mental health of the Leafs fans and the mods, if Toronto does face Boston, they better win this time, because you know they'll be ribbed mercilessly non-stop if they lose to Boston again, deserved or not. I think that this year they'll make it, but it's definitely not a given. Boston is a damned good team and it's not like they fluked their way past Toronto the last 2 times.
Heh, I have to agree with you. Another game 7 loss would be tough to swallow, but we have a lot of kicks at the can in the near future. We also have to look at what happens at the deadline and if Rask returns to form.

I do think Boston is in Leaf Nation's heads but probably not so much with the players but it could become a thing. We are better than last year though as much as everyone is in denial of this.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nice to see you admitting you’re trying too hard.
If a player does something selfish and idiotic like Kadri did that’s on him.
Not the same as an injury. Not close.
Wow. Cant help you if you cant see losing Kadri for whatever reason hurt our team. Sorry, can't take you seriously any more. But thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: thunder16 and ER89

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wow. Cant help you if you cant see losing Kadri for whatever reason hurt our team. Sorry, can't take you seriously any more. But thanks for the laugh.
Of course it hurt the Leafs. Just like any bonehead move by any player on either team would.
That’s on the player and can’t be blamed on injuries.
Try to think logically for a change instead of making excuses for Kadri’s dumb and selfish move. He needs to be smarter.

Reactions: Snowman

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Of course it hurt the Leafs. Just like any bonehead move by any player on either team would.
That’s on the player and can’t be blamed on injuries.
Try to think logically for a change instead of making excuses for Kadri’s dumb and selfish move.

I am logical. It just took you 3 posts to admit the obvious. You have been rambling on about an irrelevant aspect to ignore the facts.

Where is the logic in trying to imply Kadri's suspension did not matter or hurt?

Epic fail.

Reactions: ER89

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I am logical. It just took you 3 posts to admit the obvious. You have been rambling on about an irrelevant aspect to ignore the facts.

Where is the logic in trying to imply Kadri's suspension did not matter or hurt?

Epic fail.
I’ve admitted that losing Kadri hurt the Leafs from the beginning. You just haven’t been paying attention. If Kadri took 5 minor penalties it also hurts the Leafs. If Andersen stands on his head it helps the Leafs. Dumb moves by players and smart moves by other players are part of the team’s success. This isn’t that complicated. Kadri was an idiot and it cost his team. Same as if Marchand did something stupid. You need to lay off the excuses and just acknowkedge that Kadri made a mistake. It’s not close to the same as an injury.
I agree with you though that you’ve made an epic fail so far. See if you can up your game a bit.

Reactions: snowkiddin

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I’ve admitted that losing Kadri hurt the Leafs from the beginning. You just haven’t been paying attention. If Kadri took 5 minor penalties it also hurts the Leafs. If Andersen stands on his head it helps the Leafs. Dumb moves by players and smart moves by other players are part of the team’s success. This isn’t that complicated. Kadri was an idiot and it cost his team. Same as if Marchand did something stupid. You need to lay off the excuses and just acknowkedge that Kadri made a mistake. It’s not close to the same as an injury.
I agree with you though that you’ve made an epic fail so far. See if you can up your game a bit.

Ok, I think I see what you are trying to say. Thing is that happened, it has no bearing on the future unless he repeats. It seems like a stretch to assume he will again be suspended so I question the relevance of this point in a this year comparison. No one is assuming their guy is going to start licking people.

It is natural for me to assume we will have Kadri this time which means we are better than most of last round. Then throw in JT. Now add a year of experience and a strong desire to avenge themselves.

This is a new season, we seem to have improved more than the Bruins this season (yes they have injuries but also did not add a #1 C this summer and they have a suspect goalie, though he is playing well this year). Is it not logical to assume our chance might have got a bit better, however small?

When you are talking about teams that went to game 7 it is far from a given that history will repeat.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Leafs offensive depth is significantly deeper than Boston's.

On defense, let's be honest each team has two solid offensive D-men right now with Rielly and Krug leading the way for each squad. It's a wash as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it's debatable as far as which team is more offensively gifted. The Leafs for instance have 8 players will 20+ points right now, the B's 5.

Toronto has better offense (Bruins top line is the best however).

Boston by far has better defense.

Reactions: Neely2005

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Toronto has better offense (Bruins top line is the best however).

Boston by far has better defense.

I'm not particularly sure why you quoted me. Toronto "by far" has the better forward group. Boston doesn't have much to offer elite teams. Tampa will embarrass them all over again, they're simply too fast and skilled for the B's. Toronto should take a page from Tampa, and back up the sluggish Bruins via carrying/skating the puck through the neutral zone instead of playing a ridiculous dump and Chase style. Sure, your top line may be better, but we have enough talent to spread things out and have multiple elite lines. Bit of a moot point.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Boston quite easily
You do know people laugh at these type of irrational statements. It reads " I hate the Leafs/or their fans so much I don't care how irrational my disparaging comments seem." This is how one loses credibility.

Went to 7 but Bruins will easily win because the Leafs got better?

Give your head a shake.

This is a pointless pissing match because we don't know who would win until it happens and most of the contributions here are just petty spite.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Crazy how close this poll is. This rivalry seems ready to start tilting in the other direction though. Center depth matters.

Bergeron = Matthews
Krejci << Tavares
Who even knows < Kadri

Unless Toronto loses a center iceman I don't see this going Boston's way. Getting Tavares really tilts things.

Reactions: BlueBaron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad