Who will Sweeney bring in by the deadline

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think DS goes after Simmonds, I think he has learned to stay away from aging former power forwards like Backes and Nash. I think he gets someone like Dzingel or hopefully Stone/Duchene.
It seemed logical Ottawa would sign Stone but if not it’s a perfect marriage to me, Stone & Boston.

The Bruins will be shedding Chara & Backes in the next year or two, not one of their young players has made a case for a killer contract, their first line all on great contracts, and plenty of assets to deal.

If they think they can resign him you have to do it.

He makes them very good now and going forward

You can find a Derek Brassard type for 3rd Line center but picking up the equivalent of John Tonelli-type in the Islanders Dynasty in Stone you have to try like heck to make it happen

If not Saad is solid and I’d be very happy but Stone is a game changer this year and going forward if you can resign him

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Bruins can afford to acquire and sign Stone

If he’s not signing with Ottawa he’s the #1 perfect player for Boston

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci- Stone

=

Duck Boat Parade
man I wish I had your optimism.

Bruins have been able to afford & acquire lots of good players over the last year. What in Sweeney's track record gives you any indication that he can land a fish like Stone?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
man I wish I had your optimism.

Bruins have been able to afford & acquire lots of good players over the last year. What in Sweeney's track record gives you any indication that he can land a fish like Stone?
If you add up points over last 2 years the HORRIBLE GARBAGE Bruins are #2 in Eastern Conference out of 15 teams

They did this with not one top 12 Boston pick in over 12 years only team in 30 to do this

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If you add up points over last 2 years the HORRIBLE GARBAGE Bruins are #2 in Eastern Conference out of 15 teams

They did this with not one top 12 Boston pick in over 12 years only team in 30 to do this
what does any of this have to do with Sweeney's ability to make a trade to take that next (last?) step?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I recently posted that the B's are uniquely positioned to absolutely go for it, and while that means losing key prospects, they CAN quickly rebuild if willing to potentially part with a stud player signed at a reasonable contract...you know the couple of names.

With that? I voted "other" but essentially I'm thinking the FO makes very middling sort of moves, could be one of the lesser players on the list. Just don't think they have the guts to make a bold move.

Reactions: Strafer

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I just have a feeling Simmonds will be coming here. Not sure for what, but I hope it isn't much.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
To be honest, I think there will be a lot of "evaluating" which results in a whole lot of nothing.

Just hope they hold onto the 1st unless its part of a package to get a player with term.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
If they dont trade for Stone they will go hard at him in the Offseason, With Fenton coming in personally and two huge cogs out for the year, Id image Donny boy looking at a 2-fer and getting Staal and Coyle from Minny

That Minni package might be reasonable. What would get it done?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think with Koivu being injured they loop back to Coyle. He can play #3C and can also move over to RW depending on the matchup both this year and next year as Studnicka, Frederic, JFK, Bjork, Senyshyn and Donato try to make their marks on the lineup. Flexibility. Same reasoning for Schenn... but cheaper and now more available.

edit: and not as good... but hopefully 1 of 2 acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad