Management Who will Sweeney bring in by the deadline

Who will Sweeney bring in by the deadline

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I went with Dzingle but, TBH, I don't have a problem with anyone on that list. I'd like to keep the 1st round and pick Brett Leason so whoever they can get with a 2nd or a prospect is fine with me. Pageau would be nice too (he's not on the list).

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I went with Dzingle but, TBH, I don't have a problem with anyone on that list. I'd like to keep the 1st round and pick Brett Leason so whoever they can get with a 2nd or a prospect is fine with me. Pageau would be nice too (he's not on the list).

I'm with you on Leason. He looked rally good in the WJ and he still could around when the Bruins pick

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I voted stand pat.

My hope is he brings in Stone and Coyle.

Don't think he does anything more than a small ish Holden type deal.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Voted Saad which isn’t a terrible idea.

Will probably be offset by bringing in Carter which is a terrible idea

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
All I'm sure of is he shouldn't make a deal for an impending free agent- the Bruins are not close enough to being a serious contender to justify doing that. If he can make a trade that will help the team long term I might be OK with it depending on who it is and what it costs the Bruins to get him.

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Stone is a pipe dream being in the same division as the team who refuses to trade within their own division.

So I went with Toffoli. Improves this team's biggest weakness (shooting and goal-scoring) and is signed for one more year past this one.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Same reason I went with

I'd also toss in that he's a natural right-handed shooting RW. Bruins got enough lefties now and are forced to play sometimes 2 guys a game on their off-wing and I think it's one (obviously not only) reason that we've seen all of the group of left-shooting young wingers (Debrusk, Cehlarik, Donato, Heinen, Bjork) struggle at times because they are constantly being asked to shift from LW to RW depending on how the lines are drawn up.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I'd also toss in that he's a natural right-handed shooting RW. Bruins got enough lefties now and are forced to play sometimes 2 guys a game on their off-wing and I think it's one (obviously not only) reason that we've seen all of the group of left-shooting young wingers (Debrusk, Cehlarik, Donato, Heinen, Bjork) struggle at times because they are constantly being asked to shift from LW to RW depending on how the lines are drawn up.

The Debrusk move to his off side just isn't working at all. They need to put Jake back on the left-side and go out and find that true right-winger.

I think Toffoli would be the perfect fit. He's not a number one but he doesn't have to be and he would be a near perfect fit on that second line. On top of that he can play on the PP and kill penalties and his asking price shouldn't be as high as some of the other options. Which could make it plausible for Sweeney to go out and acquire that 3rd line center as well.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
He panics and overpays for Simmonds

I'd sell and clean up July 1

Window is closed
Window was propped open with McAvoy's brain and Chara's knee, so you're likely correct. Neither of those are getting fixed this season.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I went with Toffoli as well, although i am not the biggest fan but it seems realistic and he's a RW.

Kings are still chasing the playoffs though, they are playing better lately.

Mark Stone....pipe dream...but what a steal for Ottawa, drafted down in 6th round after a slow year in WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->