Who will Sweeney bring in by the deadline

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Vaakanainen looked terrific in Boston before he got KO'd. Like I have no question he could be a good NHL regular right now. He's not a guy still trying to find his game like a JFK, Donato, or Zboril. He's ready IMO.

I agree with the sentiment that Sweeney should be willing to move any of the kids in the right deal, but Vaak IMO is a significant cut above the rest of that pack.

Romanov looked good for Russia but I bet Montreal woukd deal him for panarin. I think it's better to sell high quickly on a prospect for a star in return instead of their value tanking like zboril who is a wasted asset

Last edited:

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Can someone enlighten me on Vaak? Is he that good? I watched his few games up and he was ok but people seem to be really high on him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Romanov looked good for Russia but I bet Montreal woukd deal him for panarin. I think it's better to sell high quickly on a prospect for a star in return instead of their value tanking like zboril who is a wasted asset
But unlike Vaak, Romanov hasn't played NHL games yet. We've seen Vaakanainen in the NHL, and while it was a small sample size, he looked terrific.

That doesn't mean he's a sure thing, but he's almost certainly a future NHL regular. The same can't be said about guys who have never played in the NHL or guys who have played in the NHL but looked out of place.

Reactions: Strafer

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Can someone enlighten me on Vaak? Is he that good? I watched his few games up and he was ok but people seem to be really high on him.

I really like this kid. Skilled. Very Good skater, positionally sound, and from what I’ve seen he thinks the game beyond his years. Lot of poise and does the little things.

But then again I never held Heinen in high regard on his way up, so I should probably temper my expectations of Vaak I suppose.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I would love it to be Stone like everyone else, but I think the chances of Ottawa sending him here are slim to none. Maybe a 3-way deal though could get it done?

I picked "other", because it might be player/players off the radar that he ends up targeting.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Depends on what the prices become closer to the deadline. I think most teams are looking for help on the backend. Seems to be a lot of names available up front this year.

Kovy for backes (1m retained), heinen, lauzon and a 2nd. Would that get it done?

Duchene for a 1st, Bjork, and Studnicka. Would that get it done?

I tend to overvalue our players, so no matter what happens I will have a hard time stomaching it.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wow so many of you said Stone? There is ZERO chance that happens. No way.

After Karlsson, Stone is the face of the franchise. They may trade him, sure. But not to see him come back all the time on a division rival. Forget it folks. Sorry to be the bubble burster.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Depends on what the prices become closer to the deadline. I think most teams are looking for help on the backend. Seems to be a lot of names available up front this year.

Kovy for backes (1m retained), heinen, lauzon and a 2nd. Would that get it done?

Duchene for a 1st, Bjork, and Studnicka. Would that get it done?

I tend to overvalue our players, so no matter what happens I will have a hard time stomaching it.

I still don’t understand how people like yourself are rationalizing the willingness of team’s to eat a knowingly terrible contract in David Backes. They are giving up two more years of a legitimate top 6 offensive player (admittedly, past his prime) for a cap dump, an underperforming sophomore and a completely unproven defenseman. And a 2nd. How is there any real incentive for LA to make that deal? What problem are they solving?

I think you’re closer on the Duchene deal, but I am guessing you’d have to upgrade one of those prospects.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Wow so many of you said Stone? There is ZERO chance that happens. No way.

After Karlsson, Stone is the face of the franchise. They may trade him, sure. But not to see him come back all the time on a division rival. Forget it folks. Sorry to be the bubble burster.

I agree, I would love Stone, but there is no way in hell Ottawa trades him to us.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
"Possibly the most transparent coach in the NHL revealed a little bit about what he does away from the rink Friday."

I love Cassidy! lol
It’s unusual for a coach or GM to publicly speculate about his team acquiring a player under contract to another team.

It’s refreshing bit of transparency, but some will not be too pleased about it.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I could see the Bruins thinking Saad at a reasonable price. Seems like a Bruins move.

But I went all-in on semi reasonable dreams of Schenn and Nyquist. I don’t have any confidence DS has the mental energy to fix the defense right now, so adding two can’t miss guys up front sure would be nice...and would get DS his competitive playoff team that fulfills his yearly mandate.

And it keeps them out of the stupid Panarin level guys, that you’d literally have to cut off a leg to acquire, which is really everything. I’d rather burn this season to the ground than trade McAvoy, Carlo, or DeBrusk. Unfortunately, DS doesn’t live under that standard.

Reactions: chizzler

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Looks like Donny is close to getting Silverberg . That's an excellent safe pick up. Only 28 and has size and a nose for the net . He excels in playoffs as a bonus. Hope he can resign him too. Won't cost any of our A grade prospects like vak I bet also . Could be a mini horton trade that gave us the special spice for a cup run. Get it done Donny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad