Speculation: Who will Management target as the next Head Coach?

Who will be Head Coach?

• Barry Trotz

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Mike Sulivan

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Andrew Brunette

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Jeremy Colliton

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Rickard Gronberg

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
The odd thing is why would Mike Yeo be hired? When he was hired, my gut immediately said this is a bad move. When Coliton was hired for Abbotsford, I immediately thought it was a saavy hire. The latter was hired under full control of the management team, Yeo was a BB hire. I think management's next coaching hire will be a good one.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007

Tocchet could make special guest appearances with Cabbie to plug Bet5Million or whatever it’s called

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Generally, new coaches are hired to take over the previous coaches tire fire..I think you're projecting your own feelings about the team.
They're objective facts: The team is bad.

I don't really think a coach would turn down the gig. I do think they would consider they're not in an organization setting them up for success.

Reactions: BoHorvat 53

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks and that's fair.

I actually think Boudreau is the right coach for this team. After years of Willie and Green we needed a veteran coach whose track record (in the regular season) is indisputable. We needed a coach who knew what they were doing so we could better evaluate the pieces. The Canucks may be looking a couple of years down the road but they certainly had their eye on making the playoffs this year. Of course not everything is perfect. I don't think Boudreau is notoriously poor at player development. He doesn't seem to come with a system though. Mike Yeo is suppose to be good at coaching the D and PK. That was the reputation that preceded him anyways.

Boudreau has coached teams to a post December surge before so there's me hoping.
He has a system were just not very good at 2 deep puck pressure and then closing gaps if it doesn't work.

I think we're too weak or slow to have our wingers 2 deep and then when our centre's get involved we get burned because the same wingers don't have the IQs speed or strength to help play D with any reliability. It leaves an already back foot defense flailing at out numbered attacks.

This notion that he doesn't have a system with 600 wins in the NHL is quite frankly idiotic. He let's them push up ice which some coaches won't do like Trotz or Tortz. They should be happy they get to play this way but they just suck at it and reward him with incompetence.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Tim and Sid was on sportsnet and they are talking about the Canucks and the losing streak. They showed a clip of Boudreau after a Boston goal, dude looked like he was about to have a frigan stroke.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the best choice for this season would be to name Mike Yeo the Interim Head Coach, and then look to possibly Jeremy Colliton for next season. This team won’t contend any time soon, but if they give Colliton some free reign to work with a developing group, I think he could do good things.

Reactions: Dala

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
JR is a moron if he fires Bruce. This is not a 1-3-1 trap team we already saw that when Shaw came in and Green got fired to play Bruce's way. They were lost.

Fact is we spent all this money on a glut of wingers and they are too one dimensional Kuz BB CG or can't score because in Pearson's case are too slow now or in Pod and Hogs case just not good enough yet and maybe should have spent 100 games in the AHL. Kings haven't had issues sending down players why are we so scared.

Reactions: mathonwy

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The organization is a disaster. Chaotic at best.

Velucci is highly regarded. He might not want to blow up his reputation and not be able to get another top job like Travis Green by trying to deal with this team.

All starts at the top with this ownership.

Chaos all over the place and they haven’t stepped in to stop in.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Just bring Green back this year cuz we are still paying him plus it would be funny to see a team that you think can’t get any more embarrassing become more embarrassing.

• Love
Reactions: VanillaCoke

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I like Bruce but he is clearly the wrong coach for this team at this point.

The circumstances of his hiring were idiotic and predictably have screwed over both Boudreau and the new management team.
To the tank!

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Got a feeling that Boudreau will be fired tomorrow or Wednesday. Management probably wanted to wait for the Sedins to have their moment in the sun before making the move.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He has a system were just not very good at 2 deep puck pressure and then closing gaps if it doesn't work.

I think we're too weak or slow to have our wingers 2 deep and then when our centre's get involved we get burned because the same wingers don't have the IQs speed or strength to help play D with any reliability. It leaves an already back foot defense flailing at out numbered attacks.

This notion that he doesn't have a system with 600 wins in the NHL is quite frankly idiotic. He let's them push up ice which some coaches won't do like Trotz or Tortz. They should be happy they get to play this way but they just suck at it and reward him with incompetence.

Every team has a system. What I mean is that I don't think Boudreau comes with his own rigid system. He seems to take what his team was playing with before and build on it. Making adjustments (however slow) along the way. He does have a reputation for coaching a more offensive-oriented team and when he took over the Ducks and the Wild they were previously playing a defensive system in need of offense. With the Canucks, Boudreau took over a team that was struggling both offensively and defensively (but more so defensively) and he coached more offense out of the team.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Was he the wrong coach last year?

Care to explain why you think he's "clearly the wrong coach" for this team?

I think it would have to do with Bruce’s style. Many consider him to be a nicer, players coach. A case could be made that we need someone with a different attitude entirely to try to get more out of this group of players.

Who knows, it could be wrong, or could be right. It’s not Bruce’s fault, but it could do something.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Won’t it be cool when management gets “their guy” behind the bench and the team is still trash

• Love
Reactions: M2Beezy

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Guy Boucher would be the best candidate. Anyone from the QMJHL. If he was good enough for Steve Yzerman, he's good enough for us.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Is it bad that I want Babcock just for the entertainment value?

Aquilini will want the big name and he will think Babs will discipline the players, like the Torts hire.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Is it bad that I want Babcock just for the entertainment value?

Aquilini will want the big name and he will think Babs will discipline the players, like the Torts hire.

I feel at this point Babcock has lost a ton of credibility. In his previous stops he would be able to coach like a boss.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00